Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,
    Just had a bout of uploads and got a few rejections:

1 - First and foremost, would this stand any chance? I was trying it as a ramp shot and thought that that would excuse the airbridge...

2 - I'm guessing for this one, more contrast and it's a bit blue?

3 - What would be a good measure of the sharpness for this? It looked sharp to me when edited it...? Also blue again?

4 - Blue? Now i'm unsure about this one in terms of contrast...

5 - More contrast and less blue?

Thanks in advance!,
    ZK-TUI
    Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

Comment

• Originally posted by ntduong View Post
      Pleased support me to level this pix. It's seem lean to the right and need CCW but I don't know how to fix it as I have leveled it by the pole in the center.
      Thanks and happy new year to all Screeners
      http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3267310
      Anyone help me pleased!

Comment

• It is not much off, I'd say you need about .5 degree cww rotation to fix it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZK-TUI View Post
          Hi,
          ZK-TUI
          TUI,

You already have the answers because you give hem yourself
          It should be no problem fixing these photos.

Number 3 and 4 have the same link altough it looks like your are talking about 2 different photos.

Here are some quick edits of your shots,with a bit a tweaking(Hue/saturation,curves,levels) they can be accaptable I think.

I recommend to start from scratch because some of them get slight JPEG compression artefacts.

Comment

• Thanks,
            I will try then.
            I just wanted to double check my assumptions cause I'm still not quite at the stage where I'm 100% confident in my own judgement
            Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

Comment

• Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
              It is not much off, I'd say you need about .5 degree cww rotation to fix it.

Hope that helps.
              Thanks Pamela. I will try it.

Comment

• Good evening,

My first rejected picture in 2011 . I got this one rejected for bad composition/aircraft not centered

I looked at it over and over again but don't see the plane not centered here. So i'm thinking of appealing.

Do you guys think i have any chance ?

Cheers
                Bjorn

Comment

• Bjorn

in all honesty, in looking at the pic - it is a little low - the measure I use is the center of the Crop tool being on the window line normally, and when I looked at yours, the center of the crop tool was quite a way above the window line.

Mark

Comment

• As Mark mentioned, the aircraft is a bit low in the frame. Simply by looking at the photo with no rulers and such tools, the photo simply "feels" unbalanced.
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                      My first rejected picture in 2011
                      And it was partly my fault, sorry about that!

As Mark says it is indeed quite low. This angle can be a real pain to centre but just bear in mind that all the usual compositional guidelines apply, so pay particular attention to things like the landing gear which play a much more significant part in the overall composition when you're cropping in close like this. The quality's good, it just needs to be a bit higher.
                      Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Ha! Snap Gerardo!

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
                          And it was partly my fault, sorry about that!

As Mark says it is indeed quite low. This angle can be a real pain to centre but just bear in mind that all the usual compositional guidelines apply, so pay particular attention to things like the landing gear which play a much more significant part in the overall composition when you're cropping in close like this. The quality's good, it just needs to be a bit higher.

Okay thanks guys for helping me out, will edit a new one. Paul, is it a problem that a part of the right landinggear isn't visible ? Because when i crop just behind the gear a door comes partly visible.

Like this :
                          Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Cheers
                          Bjorn
                          Last edited by Bjorn1979; 2011-01-08, 18:56.

Comment

is it a problem that a part of the right landinggear isn't visible ? Because when i crop just behind the gear a door comes partly visible.
                            Personally I'm a huge fan of cropping to significant things on the aircraft because it generally gives a cleaner composition. Landing gear is something I think should either be shown in its entirety or not shown at all (and the same with engines). The thing that catches my eye in your image is the fact you've cut through one of the main gear, and while this isn't necessarily going to cause you a rejection here on JP it's something I think can make a huge difference to how your image comes across. A few examples of mine (because I'm a massive fan of this angle).

In these the crop looks quite clean and uncluttered, mainly because no significant parts of the aircraft have been cut through so those massive engines and landing gear are there to be enjoyed in all their glory. Okay, maybe they're not so massive on the A320 but you get the idea!

[photoid=6985438]

[photoid=6958656]

[photoid=6876818]

Also notice that in the first two that the windows aren't cut through. It may sound really silly, but every small detail you pay attention to as far as composition is concerned really does matter. You can have the most spectacularly composed and dramatic image and just the fact a window's been cut through will let the whole thing down and it's totally unnecessary. As I say, these details aren't things that will guarantee a rejection on JP but they are things that can improve your images. Even though they may seem insignificant at first, try paying attention to details like these and try working them into your cropping/composition. I guarantee it will make a huge difference to how clean your images look.

Going on from the idea of cropping to significant parts of the plane, in your new edit maybe try cropping behind the door rather than cutting through it. The door's quite a significant thing and when we look at aircraft with our eyes we're not generally used to seeing half a door, so it looks a little awkward and unbalanced when you see it in a photo (at least to me). I know this is in the air, but maybe something kinda like this:

[photoid=6828445]

It could actually also be a slight bit higher but it's very close to being spot on.

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Thank you for your time Paul, great you helped me out here i really appreciate that.

I just made a new edit with the gear and door visible.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Originally posted by PMN View Post
                              It may sound really silly, but every small detail you pay attention to as far as composition is concerned really does matter. You can have the most spectacularly composed and dramatic image and just the fact a window's been cut through will let the whole thing down and it's totally unnecessary. As I say, these details aren't things that will guarantee a rejection on JP but they are things that can improve your images. Even though they may seem insignificant at first, try paying attention to details like these and try working them into your cropping/composition. I guarantee it will make a huge difference to how clean your images look.
                              Your are right about the details. When i make closeup shots like this one i normally pay attention to the small details:
                              [photoid=7019276]

For example don't cut thrue letters or the door.

Cheers
                              Bjorn
                              Last edited by Bjorn1979; 2011-01-08, 19:48.

Comment

I just made a new edit with the gear and door visible.

http://img824.imageshack.us/f/img2345bewerkt.jpg/
                                Because the main gear is so close and low in the frame I'd be tempted to still push the plane slightly higher. It looks spot on otherwise!

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X