Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At first look I thought it was more "soft" (and therefore fixable with some judicious sharpening) but looking closer, especially at the word under the cockpit window, it does seem to be a little blurry. I tried some sharpening at one pass of 50_0.4_0 USM which improved matters a bit but the cockpit word was still blurred. Any further selective USM only introduced jaggies.

It has to be said that I've been awake and on the 'puter for about 10 hours now and I have made a couple of "Southern Comforts" (Home measure size) disappear so my eyes may not be working at 100%.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• The wording under the cockpit, the number on the nose gear door & "Airbus A320" at the rear all look oversharpened to compensate for blur although the fuse still looks soft.

Comment

• Cheers Folks

I'll do a rework I think !!

thanks

Aidy

Originally posted by Mark Ralph
        The wording under the cockpit, the number on the nose gear door & "Airbus A320" at the rear all look oversharpened to compensate for blur although the fuse still looks soft.

Comment

• Aidy, I'm happy to offer a bash at the original if you like. Use the email link in my profile. Up to you.

Comment

• Hi All,

Can anyone help if this photo is salvageable? I am mostly talking about the bad frame thing.
            Thanks,
            Mehdi.

Comment

• Hi everyone.

I had this rejection today.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1663431

I don't share all the reasons to be rejected, but I know is part of the game to have photos out of the DB. I have no problems with rejections. But, I also want to learn so I appealed this rejection, but as in matter of fact I wanted to know where were the spots because, sincerely, I don't see them.

If I ask I can learn and improve my uploads and for that reason I gently asked to the screener for telling me where the spots are.

For all answer I received just this sentence.

Your appeal for photo id 1663431 has been processed and has been rejected.
              Admin Comments >>
              >> http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject....

I know the screeners are busy but a couple of quick words saying for example "the spots are up" are motivating instead of this disapointing automatic answer.

I don't want to be polemic or something like that. I'm just giving my opinion of what could be and improve of the relation between photographers and screeners.

I hope my words are well considered.

Regards,

Will I ever repeat this?

Comment

• The appeal feature is not there to ask about suggestions regarding a photo. That's why we have this forum here. So, post your photo and questions and you will get your answers.

Gerardo
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thanks Gerardo for your answer.

I wasn't asking for a sugestion in my appeal. I only wanted to know where was the spot in the picture that it was one of the reasons to rejected it.

thanks and regards

Fernando.

Will I ever repeat this?

Comment

• If you want to know where the spots are, that's asking for help. The result you hope for is a suggestion. To appeal a photo means, you don't agree with the rejection and want a senior or admin have a second look at the photo. The result you hope for is an accepted photo.

Gerardo
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• If you are not sure how to find the dust spots The easiest way is to "equalise" the photo in Photoshop or whichever editing tool you use. In Photoshop you go to Image/adjustments/equalise.
                      (And I think you possibly have several dust spots.)

In my opininon Its good to see pictures from your part of the world so please be patient and keep them coming!

Comment

• This equalised image shows where the dust spot is. I couldn't find any more but that background doesn't make it too easy.

To make the finding and deletion of dust spots easier use this process. (Assuming you are using Photoshop)

1. Create a duplicate layer (background copy) .

2. Press F7 to bring up the layers window.

3. Make sure "background copy" is selected/highlighted.

4. Go to Image....Adjustments.....Equalise.

5. In the layers window select "Background" and close the layers window.

6. Use either the Heal or Clone tools and cover and click on any dust spots seen. You won't see anything happen at this stage.

7. Press F7, select/highlight "background copy" and with the cursor hovering over the highlighted words, right mouse click and select "delete layer". You will now see the fixed image.

8. Answer "yes".

9. Close the layers window.

(This method courtesy of information from Jid Webb)

Using this method allows you to fix multiple dust spots in one operation rather than having to keep switching between equalised and normal for each spot.

Comment

• Thumbs up for you Brian. I see a lot of elaborate and useful answers around here from you, like the one above. That is really great, I just wanted to say that.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

• Aw' shucks, Pamela. You'll have me blushing ! Such kind words.

Seriously though, happy to help.

Comment

• Can someone help me with this one. Ive leveld it so the upright behing the cockpit is straight and it gets rejected for unlevel, i cant guarantee those uprights are dead straight behind. Would someone also tell me what categorys i need, im sure i ticked Warbird/vintage and flight deck. I realy wish i could see the categorys i ticked espesialy on rejections.

Comment

• Ollie, it wasn't rejected for categories!

The hangar support at the centre of the frame needs to be vertical.

Comment

Working...
                                X