No announcement yet.

Quality and unusual lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does need to be higher in the frame. There is more fuselage below your centreline than there is above.

Here's a little tip...Sit in your normal position looking at the picture. Look at the centre of the picture.

Now move backwards fairly quickly to at least double the distance you normally sit from the screen.

Notice how you almost immediately see what looks like more dead space above the aircraft ? In this type of shot you need an equal amount of space between the highest part of the fuselage and the top of the frame and the lowest part of the fuselage and the bottom of the frame.
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
      It does need to be higher in the frame. There is more fuselage below your centreline than there is above.
      The aircraft has a tail too though (!) and should be considered in the composition, surely? Certainly many framing-related posts I've read on various forums in the past have always emphasised that an aircraft is more than its fuselage. If it weren't for the dust spots I'd be appealing this one, I feel.

Thanks for the feedback thus far - helpful!
      Tom Collins

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
        Here's a little tip...Sit in your normal position looking at the picture. Look at the centre of the picture.

Now move backwards fairly quickly to at least double the distance you normally sit from the screen.

Notice how you almost immediately see what looks like more dead space above the aircraft ?
        Nothing to add!!!
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
        X