Lack of screeners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of screeners?

Wow guys, we really have to be patient these days!
    Can we make a start by screening our own pictures now?

We are already on 18 days before screening take place!
    Upload one item and you are about number 18.500 in the queue!
    It really makes me a bit

Tell us, what is going on?
    Lack of screeners?
    To many uploads, by to many members?

PlaneCatcher,

I agree, the wait is not good but we are trying to reduce the queue whether it seems that way or not. At the moment we have screeners on holiday and also away due to other commitments.

Sam

Comment

So perhaps limit the queue for regular members or make it 30max to upload more photos but at once.

I have many photos from Europe and don't feel like uploading anymore when I think of 18 days screening.
      Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Originally posted by J.Louwen View Post
        .....Tell us, what is going on?
        Lack of screeners?
        Nope...not a lack of screeners, just absolutely shedloads of uploads as JP becomes more and more popular !
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

And it is a fact that there are a few screeners, who have left the scene.

Paul Nichols started up his own website, and- correct me if I am wrong- Gianluca Reinartz jumped ship as well.
          Two screeners who have done a lot for this site have left, on a moment when we actually need more help with screening this massive queue.

Hopefully time will change soon.

Comment

hey guys i too feel the same dismay (how do yuo make a sad face emoticon?). Because of the wait times and because 90% of mine are rejected. I usually put mine on myaviation,net but it doesnt have the traffic that a.net or this place does...

are you hiring or do you need help with screening??

my 2 cents
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenvox
            http://www.jetaircraftmuseum.ca

Comment

Originally posted by darrenvox View Post
              ...90% of mine are rejected....

are you hiring or do you need help with screening??
              ehhhh good spirit, but

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
                And it is a fact that there are a few screeners, who have left the scene.

Paul Nichols started up his own website, and- correct me if I am wrong- Gianluca Reinartz jumped ship as well.
                Two screeners who have done a lot for this site have left, on a moment when we actually need more help with screening this massive queue.

Hopefully time will change soon.
                And to compensate we have hired 4 new trainee screeners. We are just discussing to hire even more, but 4 is the practical limit you can train at once.

And do not forget that we all do the screening in our spare time. And I must say that due to changes at work doing 4000+ each months is simply not possible at the moment.

Comment

correct me if I am wrong- Gianluca Reinartz jumped ship as well.
                  Thank God, this seems to be not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                    JP becomes more and more popular !
                    Well, we all could keep our mouth shot from now on about this TREMENDOUS site of ours!

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                      And do not forget that we all do the screening in our spare time. And I must say that due to changes at work doing 4000+ each months is simply not possible at the moment.
                      Which is perfectly understandable. Heck, there's days I don't even have time to upload 5 pics.
                      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

correct me if I am wrong- Gianluca Reinartz jumped ship as well
                        Whoa there! Since when?! Please tell me that's not just an assumption, Freek? I'm not at all aware that he's left JP.

Paul

An addition... Being a blind git (ironic for a photographer) I've only just noticed your earlier reply saying this isn't true. Might be an idea to be a bit careful before saying things like that though mate!
                        Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

[quote=PMN;585538......An addition... Being a blind git (ironic for a photographer)......[/quote]

blind DRUNK git ?

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

blind DRUNK git ?

-hic-

Nah, I'm just about sober now after last night!
                            Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

blind DRUNK git ?

Was wondering what exactly a "git"was...so I looked it up in that fountain of knowledge aka..Wikipedia and it states.
                              "Git is mild profanity with origins in British English for a silly, incompetent, stupid, annoying, senile elderly or childish person." But it continues..." It is usually an insult, more severe than twit or idiot but less severe than wanker,arsehole or twat" Brian surely this "git"word cannot refer to Paul N.

Comment

Working...
                              X