Screen Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    ... and you would not believe, how many times we see the exact same rejected photo again, with no changes at all, sometimes even within minutes!
    Really?
    is there no way to block those photogs or something like that?
    It really sounds like people who don't listen to anybody or read any guidelines. They don't belong here. Just my 2 cents......

Comment

• Originally posted by wrxflyer View Post
      Really?
      I think the current winner has reached his 7th rejection of the same photo.

Comment

• ... and with the same photo we mean the EXACT SAME photo. No changes whatsoever!

Apart from that bloke, there are many photographers with this behaviour. I don't know, what they are thinking.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post

Apart from that bloke, there are many photographers with this behaviour. I don't know, what they are thinking.
          Really, many? That's surprising. It looks like they're just being lazy & instead of putting in the effort to re-edit the photo they hope eventually the picture will be accepted by a different screener with different standards than the one who rejected it in the first place. Very wishful thinking & they obviously don't know how the system works!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
            I agree. And seriously I've never seen so many under average photos. My acceptance ratio (when screening) has dropped from around 70% to 55% - So again I think it's quiet sad to see that many people, instead of helping us keeping the queue low, are sending all their pics without even a basic self prescreening.
            Yes that's true but I'm not the least bit surprised you're seeing your acceptance ratio drop when you screen. Many uploaders would be very excited by the very small queue & super quick screening times they're just anxious to get as many photos into the db as they can before the screening time normalises. As such they don't properly edit and/or pre-screen their photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by aviationhk View Post
              Really, many? That's surprising. It looks like they're just being lazy & instead of putting in the effort to re-edit the photo they hope eventually the picture will be accepted by a different screener with different standards than the one who rejected it in the first place. Very wishful thinking & they obviously don't know how the system works!
              What they don't realise is that 1./ we know about their rejections and can look back on them and ...2./ we have a very easy way to find out that nothing has been done to correct the fault.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                What they don't realise is that 1./ we know about their rejections and can look back on them and ...2./ we have a very easy way to find out that nothing has been done to correct the fault.
                If this hasn't already been done, perhaps this should be mentioned in the upload guidelines to deter uploaders from this practice.

I've always wondered, who designed the screening software you guys use? Was it created by someone from the team/management or did you guys hire a software developer to design it?

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawk View Post
                  I think the current winner has reached his 7th rejection of the same photo.
                  There should be a rule that someone who does that will go straight to the "Wall of Shame" (and of course, a Wall of Shame should be created in the forums)
                  [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

• The queue is up again
                    When I uploaded the Yangtze 737 pic, the pic was around #737 in the queue or something, now its up to 777(did somebody just upload a pic of a 777?). So upload more AIRBUS!!! that'll get the queue down to 300!!!!!(Just kidding guys, if it really works by this logic, everyone should be uploading B-1 Lancers)

Comment

• ...and PLEASE folks, keep your upload numbers down to reasonable levels and choose only your best images with plenty of prescreening on your part.
                      If no-one uploads more than 20 shots a day we should be able to keep the queue low. Remember, the Christmas holiday season is over, we have to go back to work and will therefore have less screening time.
                      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

• well, it was fun as long as it lasted.
                        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thanks to all for the hard work anyway. It was a pleasure to have the pictures screened within a day or so.

Comment

• Hi
                            I did my first re-upload photo today. How long usually is the re-upload photo queue? Should I expect it to be reviewed in a few hours or a few weeks?
                            Not in a hurry or anything, just curious to find out approximately when will the new photo be screened.

Comment

• There is no re-upload waiting to be screened.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                                So you DO use PrisM

Comment

Working...
                                X