Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
    Hello,

I've received this reject today. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10576167.
    Compared to other soft reject I've had. I have serious doubt that this one is really soft.
    Hard lines are visible, ok a little less on the belly, due to a small reflection.
    Any extra guidance would be appreciated.
    Borderline for me, but wouldn't necessarily recommend an appeal.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Borderline for me, but wouldn't necessarily recommend an appeal.
      Thanks for that Dana.
      As I found another layng of softness after another check, I will indeed refrain from appealing.

I went to a new spot for me and got some photos which make me unsure and I would like a prescreen on these.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6125.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	724.9 KB
ID:	1149209

Name:	DSC_6156.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	1149210

Name:	DSC_6231.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	520.9 KB
ID:	1149211

Name:	DSC_6273.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	349.4 KB
ID:	1149212

Name:	DSC_6275-2.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	445.3 KB
ID:	1149213

For all I could see potential issues with horizon, dust, and softness. With the China Cargo, the sun just popped out of the clouds and the grass still dark, so apparently also contrast/exposure issue.
      The final two were taken in very low light with long shadows of the fence, wires, and trees reflecting on the aircrafts, especially on the 77W so both could also have issues with that.
      And maybe there is more stuff II could have missed.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I went to a new spot for me and got some photos which make me unsure and I would like a prescreen on these.
        1-3. borderline soft (ok for me)
        4-5. soft

Contrast a bit harsh on some of them, but ok for me.

Comment

1-3. borderline soft (ok for me)
          4-5. soft

Contrast a bit harsh on some of them, but ok for me.
          Thanks for that Dana,

I've queued the first two after some slight rework.

I've received this reject lately https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10630715 and especially the arifats are striking me.
          I've only added some contrast and a bit of saturation and saved twice on the highest quality
          Online jetliner photo database, featuring thousands of high-quality photographs of jet airliners, discussion forums, and more.

I have really no idea how those white lines got there.
          I was shooting between the wires of a fence and the wires got some sharp ends at several points.
          Maybe it's something with the sun coming from the LH side here.
          At second step I've only added (apparently too much) sharpening and saved again on highest quality

At second I would like prescrreen on some photos.

Name:	DSC_5708.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	428.6 KB
ID:	1149878
          Potential issues are sharpness, horizon, glare, contrast, processing.

Name:	DSC_5680.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	384.0 KB
ID:	1149879 I think it's too soft and the is some kind of glare/reflection on the LH-side of the photo. (taken from the terminal.

Name:	DSC_6274.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	441.6 KB
ID:	1149880 Another original as the one from the previous batch.

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

I've received this reject lately https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10630715 and especially the arifats are striking me.
            I've only added some contrast and a bit of saturation and saved twice on the highest quality
            Online jetliner photo database, featuring thousands of high-quality photographs of jet airliners, discussion forums, and more.

I have really no idea how those white lines got there.
            I was shooting between the wires of a fence and the wires got some sharp ends at several points.
            If you were shooting through a fence, that's likely what was mistaken for compression.

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
            At second I would like prescrreen on some photos.
            1. soft, contrast horizon
            2. soft, contrast, borderline overprocessed
            3. soft

Comment

• [QUOTE=dlowwa;n1149924]

If you were shooting through a fence, that's likely what was mistaken for compression.

Thanks for that Dana,
              As I can;t upload the original due to the size limitiations I made a quick re-edit of it, with the upper part of the original included.
              Not for prescreeen (it's useless I Know), but only for probably clearing this up for me.

Name:	DSC_6199-2-2.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	777.8 KB
ID:	1149985

The dark spots on top are from a wire of the fence. I had no opportunity to shoot above it.
              Could this cause those artifacts/ weird shadows during editing?
              I want to know as I have a similar case from another aircraft waiting for final editing now.

Thanks in Advance,

Comment

The dark spots on top are from a wire of the fence. I had no opportunity to shoot above it.
                Could this cause those artifacts/ weird shadows during editing?
                I want to know as I have a similar case from another aircraft waiting for final editing now.
                Yes, almost certainly. It's so strong I can see it in the thumbnail.

Comment

Yes, almost certainly. It's so strong I can see it in the thumbnail.
                  Thnaks a lot for that Dana,
                  I will refrain from further attempts on this one.
                  But another question,
                  Does this photo also have artefacts/ weird shadows? As I can't see something with the naked eye..

Name:	DSC_6136-2.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	568.8 KB
ID:	1150166

And another question?

Is this one really overexposed? Or is this too harsh contrast?
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

If I lower the exposure I'm afraid it will get too dark or bad contrast also.
                  I will also double check the serial number /CN as I'm little dazed about that, but apparently it wasn't right.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thnaks a lot for that Dana,
                    I will refrain from further attempts on this one.
                    But another question,
                    Does this photo also have artefacts/ weird shadows? As I can't see something with the naked eye..

Name:	DSC_6136-2.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	568.8 KB
ID:	1150166

And another question?

Is this one really overexposed? Or is this too harsh contrast?
                    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

If I lower the exposure I'm afraid it will get too dark or bad contrast also.
                    I will also double check the serial number /CN as I'm little dazed about that, but apparently it wasn't right.

Thanks in advance.
                    1. soft, otherwise ok for me
                    2. contrast is too harsh

Comment

• Hello,

I've received this reject lately https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10676295 , but I'm a little confused about the color part in the reject.
                      I've only added some contrast, but didn't add any saturation or clarity.
                      For surance I've made a new edit, where I've toned down the contrast a bit, lowered the white balance a bit also, and tried to adress the horizon issue.

Name:	DSC_6215-3.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	465.4 KB
ID:	1151020
                      I'm curious If this version adresses the mentioned issues and if the sharpness is acceptable here.

I also have another prescreen request.

Name:	DSC_5940.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	677.8 KB
ID:	1151021
                      I'm very curious if this one is sharp enough ( i think it's not ) if there are no weird artefacts here and if there might be any other issues I might have missed

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello,

I've received this reject lately https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10676295 , but I'm a little confused about the color part in the reject.
                        I've only added some contrast, but didn't add any saturation or clarity.
                        For surance I've made a new edit, where I've toned down the contrast a bit, lowered the white balance a bit also, and tried to adress the horizon issue.

I'm curious If this version adresses the mentioned issues and if the sharpness is acceptable here.

I also have another prescreen request.

I'm very curious if this one is sharp enough ( i think it's not ) if there are no weird artefacts here and if there might be any other issues I might have missed

Thanks in advance.
                        Yellow/green tint on the rejected image. Don't see a huge difference with the newer version. Other image is soft.

Comment

• Hello ,

I've received this reject today for dirty.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10840294
                          I would appreciate a second eye over it
                          I've found a black dot between the two poles,(probably something like a bird i'didn't remove properly) so I assume it's rejected for that?
                          Because I can't find more dirt to be honest..

Also I would like aprescreen on some phoot's which I'm unsure of.

Name:	DSC_9451-3.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	1155124

Name:	DSC_9492.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	1155125

Name:	DSC_9543-2.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	1155126

Name:	DSC_6811-2.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	1155127
                          For all photos i see potential issues with contrast, sharpening and exposure.
                          There were all taken (except the fourth) with the sun peeling through the clouds not that long before sunset.

Thnaks in advance

Comment

Hello ,

I've received this reject today for dirty.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10840294
                            I would appreciate a second eye over it
                            I've found a black dot between the two poles,(probably something like a bird i'didn't remove properly) so I assume it's rejected for that?
                            Because I can't find more dirt to be honest..
                            There's that and spot to the left of the tail, according to the screener.

Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
                            Also I would like aprescreen on some phoot's which I'm unsure of
                            1-3. contrast/dark, borderline soft, noisy
                            4. contrast, color

Comment

There's that and spot to the left of the tail, according to the screener.

1-3. contrast/dark, borderline soft, noisy
                              4. contrast, color
                              Thanks Dana,

I've received this reject today. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10846406 , but don't see the contrast issue here.
                              Alsothe softness is debatable in my eyes, although I've found a few soft spots.
                              So any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Comment

Thanks Dana,

I've received this reject today. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10846406 , but don't see the contrast issue here.
                                Alsothe softness is debatable in my eyes, although I've found a few soft spots.
                                So any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
                                Contrast is too harsh. Seems a bit soft to me, especially around the tail.

Comment

Working...
                                X