X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrosswindPhoto
    replied
    Hey Alex,

Many thanks for your speedy reply and I'll leave the CRJ in the archives.

Attached below is a photo of the imposter 707. It's painted RCAF, and the only photos of it in this state are interior shots (which also makes it eligible for priority?) with "Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum" listed as the airline. Just wanted to double check that I should use FedEx as the airline?

Thanks,
    Tim

P.s: I see that my old pre-screening thread has been found. How cool :P

Click image for larger version

Name:	TL7D2199.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	615.3 KB
ID:	1181462

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Hi,
    There's not a single part of the plane visible so yes it's a correct motive rejection and it would probably raise more than one eyebrow if we would accept such image.

For your question I believe the best solution would be to use the Fedex reg and mention its fake identity in the comment

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• CrosswindPhoto
    replied
    Hey Guys!

I'm pretty sure I have some long-lost prescreening thread that I haven't used in eons, but I have no idea if it even exists anymore so I apologize if this new thread causes issues.
    Anyways, I have 2 questions for the staff.

1) I got a rejection today (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11548517) for motive that said "Airplane isn't Visible". I was just wondering if this is worth an appeal considering that, well, the plane is visible; it's just wrapped up for storage. But also considering the rarity of the photo and how the last photo in the db was from before this a/c's accident that left it hiding at a small airport in this state. I won't appeal if you don't think it's a good idea I just was wondering what a consensus was.

2) Not a prescreen per-se the CWHM in Hamilton has an Ex FedEx 727 in it's museum (nose only) that is painted to mimic an RCAF B707 but it's last civil registration is known (C-GBWA). I was wondering if it should be uploaded using FedEx/Morningstar as the airline, or the RCAF.

Thanks in advance!
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• B7772ADL
    replied
    Hi, taking a look at the screening history, the appeal screener wrote to you "If the faces were unavoidable this photo is one for your personal collection. It would also need the civil genre."

Looking at the photo there are clearly identifiable faces even if they are not looking directly at the camera. We simply don't have their permission to post their face online which can result in privacy issues. Some parents are very particular about having photos of their children posted online however innocent. We don't permit the blurring of faces and that would result in a manipulation rejection. If you have back of head shots which makes the person clearly un-identifiable then it might be ok.
    Last edited by B7772ADL; 2022-11-15, 12:58.

Leave a comment:

• CrosswindPhoto
    replied
    Hi there,

For some reason I am once again not receiving screening results emails, it's very likely that outlook is blocking it for some reason. I emailed yesterday asking for my email to be changed as well as to get some clarification on the rejection of this photo https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=10591039 but have gotten no reply.

It was rejected after appeal for motive, I stated in the upload comments that because it was a busy "open day" event that people in the background were unavoidable. Assuming the motive rejection is for people, what can I do to fix that? Blur faces? Nobody is looking at the camera so it should be ok right?

Tim

EDIT: This is my first JP forum post in a long time, the link in my signature are out of date, how do I change them? I can't find the setting.

Leave a comment:

• CrosswindPhoto
    replied
    aaronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by doublearon2003 View Post
    Does this work now?
    Yes. Image is borderline soft/low contrast.

Leave a comment:

• doublearon2003
    replied
    Does this work now?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by doublearon2003 View Post
    Hello I am looking for some Pre-Screening help. Would this photo be acceptable in the database?
    Hi, please read here when you get the chance:

Pay careful attention to #6. The image above is not uploadable, so pre-screening is not available.

Leave a comment:

• doublearon2003
    replied
    Oh okay thanks I will resize it and post it again

Leave a comment:

• Alex crail
    replied
    If you want the crew to give input on this image, you will have to size it correctly to submit to the site.

Leave a comment:

• doublearon2003
    replied
    Hello I am looking for some Pre-Screening help. Would this photo be acceptable in the database?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by CrosswindPhoto View Post
    I'm having some trouble with a Luftansa 748 I shot yesterday, which of th 2 would be better?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26049[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26050[/ATTACH]
    Don't see much difference in quality between the two.

Leave a comment:

• CrosswindPhoto
    replied
    I'm having some trouble with a Luftansa 748 I shot yesterday, which of th 2 would be better?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	_L7D5416.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	485.8 KB
ID:	1040575Click image for larger version

Name:	_L7D5418.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	597.7 KB
ID:	1040576

Leave a comment:

• CrosswindPhoto
    replied