Name:	_DSC0006.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	1045943Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	1045944
    These are some nice shots I took of a Netjets citation 560XL. I would like to know if these photos meet the screeners requirements. if they do not please let me know what I can do to edit them so I can make them look more appealing.

Thank You,

Benji Gordon
    Photographer & Aviation Enthusiast
    Racine, WI

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew:

1. If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice"
    2. Prescreening is offered only for images not in the queue currently. Please ask for advice/prescreening before submitting the images to the queue
    3. Please limit your prescreening requests to a maximum of 5 images per 24 hours (not calendar day)
    4. Please post any further requests in the same thread, whether it's a week, a month, or even months later
    5. Please be as specific in your request as possible, and don't simply post images with no comments
    6. Try to attach the exact images you plan to upload to your post (i.e. don't upload unedited image unless asking for general advice). Links to images that require too many click-throughs will usually be ignored
    7. Realize that the opinions of the crew offered here are just that, their opinions. They are no guarantee that other crew will come to the same conclusion when the images are screened
    8. Don't use the advice given here in the forum as justification for acceptance either when first submitting the photo, or when appealing a rejection. The argument "xyz crew member said it was ok in the forum" will not be taken into account during screening or appeals
    9. You don't have to follow any advice given here, but... we're also volunteering our time, so when we see someone not following that advice, we can also decide to simply stop giving it in order not to waste our time

A couple of general requests: if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it. Finally, please try to learn from the advice. It's quite discouraging when some members keep coming back time and time again with the maximum number of requests, seemingly not have learned from previous advice. On the other hand, it's a great feeling when people who started out with lots of issues are able to progress and eventually need little to no advice. The idea here is not really just to get a fast pre-screening of your images, but rather to learn what works and what doesn't, and apply that to your photography so you can progressively learn and improve.

Edit: to be clear, these suggestions apply mostly if you are seeking feedback from crew. Non-crew are of course welcome (and encouraged) to offer advice as well, and if you are not seeking crew advice, there is no requirement to follow these suggestions.

Originally posted by riojako View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]22620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22621[/ATTACH]
    These are some nice shots I took of a Netjets citation 560XL. I would like to know if these photos meet the screeners requirements. if they do not please let me know what I can do to edit them so I can make them look more appealing.

Thank You,

Benji Gordon
    Racine, WI
    I moved your post in a new topic, as described in #1:

1. If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice"
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

A couple of coarse non-screener observations only to start with:

Not centered / too much ground (both)
      Too much noise especially in the sky (both)
      Middle cone too destructing plus unecessarily obstructing the main landing gear view all of which kind of ruin/disturb the composition (1st photo)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22621[/ATTACH]

Thank You,

Benji Gordon
        Racine, WI
        Images are similar. Please pick the one you plan to submit if you would like feedback.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0006.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	1033652

Ill choose this one.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22646[/ATTACH]

Ill choose this one.
            Soft and dark, the pylon is too obstructing and easily to avoid.
            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

The tail seems to be blurry/out of focus, specifically looking at the registration.

Comment

Could I edit it and possibly fix it? any editing advice?

Comment

Could I edit it and possibly fix it? any editing advice?
                  Removing the cone by editing would be considered manipulation, and is not allowed.

Comment

I have a new photo here id like to get some feedback on it. let me know what you all think.

Name:	B-2010.jpg
Size:	332.4 KB
ID:	1033680

Comment

I have a new photo here id like to get some feedback on it. let me know what you all think.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]22679[/ATTACH]
                      Borderline for centering, but otherwise quality looks ok.

Comment

what do you mean by borderline?

Comment

what do you mean by borderline?
                          Borderline = just as much chance for rejection as acceptance.

Comment

I have another photo here and id really like to get your feedback on it.

LOT 787-8 SP-LRB

Name:	SP-LRB 3.jpg
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	1033711

Comment

I have another photo here and id really like to get your feedback on it.

LOT 787-8 SP-LRB
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]22717[/ATTACH]
                              Borderline for centering, otherwise ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X