No announcement yet.

China to build their own jets of 150+ Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, anyone who has not been to China, please shut up about things you have no idea over.

I hate the western media and the way it misinforms its viewers. First, we are not shot when we say bad stuff about the government. Second, there are no curfews. Third, we do not eat snails, cats, or dogs. Fourth, we do not live in shabby straw houses. Fifth, we do not earn 2 cents an hour. I should know, because I lived there, and visit regularly. Too bad, half the Canadians/Germans/Americans I know all think China is exactly what I just said it is not.

If you guys actually go live there, you'd be surprised to find out living in China is not all that different from living in the States, Canada, or Germany.

Sorry I went a little off-topic there. But the all-too-common narrow-minded arrogance was really pissing me off.

Back to the topic, like mentioned above, Boeing and Airbus use Chinese parts. Embrarer and MD all manufacture(d) planes in China. So, it's a lie to say that Chinese built planes aren't safe.
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Out of this China vs Brazil vs USA vs Japan vs Russia semi war...

I think that a Chinese aircraft could be feasible and even succesful.
      Maybe US carriers won't buy it, but I think China's inner market is big enough to make it profitable.

Besides it could sell outside China....in some Asian countries maybe.

I hate the western media and the way it misinforms its viewers. First, we are not shot when we say bad stuff about the government. Second, there are no curfews. Third, we do not eat snails, cats, or dogs. Fourth, we do not live in shabby straw houses. Fifth, we do not earn 2 cents an hour. I should know, because I lived there, and visit regularly. Too bad, half the Canadians/Germans/Americans I know all think China is exactly what I just said it is not.
      I know that for experience, Colombia is not as the paint it!. And China must not be like the media says either.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Did you know 35 MD-80s were assembled by Aviation Industries Corporation of China (AVIC) under license from McDonnell Douglas?

Scary thought, huh?

Be sure to avoid the Chinese MD-80s people!

This American Airlines MD-83 was the 30th Chinese MD-80 built!
        [photoid=30451]
        Think twice next time you fly on an AA MD-80.......it might be a cheap Chinese one!

Lebanon - The Land of Milk & Honey
        Home to the Magestic Cedars
        Beirut, Lebanon - Paris of the Middle East
        Middle East Airlines (MEA) - Lebanon's Ambassador to the World
        Like No Other

Comment

I am curious as to where you go your information. You have not posted one credible link...

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
            I am curious as to where you go your information. You have not posted one credible link...
            That's true. I'm sure you/I/he could find one on the internet. But I saw that in a book I have.
            Will F.

Comment

Exactly their is a big difference in building a complete aircraft and making certain parts under US regulations, Chinese regulations are far different and putting those pieces together is a different thing.

Do you seriously think the Chinese government and its people are a stupid bunch? Just look at the last attempt by China putting people on the space, they put so much pressure on their team to get things right. Things have changed so much in China and putting man on space has been a matter of national pride. If China is to pride themselve again this time, then they will probably apply the same strategy to get things right.

Many standards in China is still not comparable to the west, this is because they are still a new player and for people like yourself give them no chance at all. If China does not have a standard now, they are probably working for one in the near future. I wouldn't look down on countries like India as well, they also have so much potential.

Just for you jokers out there who don't know, I was told by older generations that in the 1960s, people look down at "Made in Japan" goods because they are of low quality. But Japanese goods have changed so much since then. Now people regard Japanese products as a superior product even better than the best the Western world can make. Today we are looking at Chinese products with the same attitude as our forefathers did. So who can tell, there is a possibility out there that the Chinese might manufacture some superior products in the future.

Which is why I don't buy Nike's...

I'm glad you are so filled with hate against the U.S. that you have to try and attack anyone who states their opinion.

Maybe you can find a nice cave complex in Afghanistan where people share your views...
              Sorry but a lot of people in your countryand mine still buy Nike's despite they knew that Nike exploited slave labour.

1st of all, I only attack those who have stupid and sometimes arrogant opinion here. I do not attack every single one.

Why would I need to go to Afghanistan? I shall look no further than the West, France, Germany, New Zealand and even some in the USA. We in the west, especially Uncle Sam, often bark at other developing nations about their human rights and other stupid stuff and expect them TO CHANGE OVERNIGHT. They are still miles away from where we are today and we don't have the same pressing social problems that they are facing.

Airbus_A320, since you like Japan so much, I shall teach you something about Japan. Read the history and you will find that Japan is a lapdog of the west since their Emperor Meiji. They copied everything from the west and they still do copy from the Americans. They will copy from whoever is currently the most influential. Japan served American interest so well that the US painted a good picture of them so well that Americans had forgotten what they did in the WW II. The two atomic bombs were not dropped without a good reason. China on the other hand were once a US ally in WW II against Japan. But since the Communist do not have the same ideology as the Americans, the US government painted bad pictures on them. You on the other hand is the victim of this, too stuck in your Nintendo and PS2 without looking at the reality. The Chinese had become an enemy just because it does not serve the US interest right. Taiwan on the other hand won the support from US because the US uses it as a stepping stone and the US frontline in Asia together with Japan and S. Korea to keep the commies busy.

Chinese and French!?!?!?!? What's the world coming to!
              Greg, I can smell the air of racism from you. At least the French knew better than you of how to accomodate the Chinese. Yes, you'd be surprised, there are many companies out there who are willing to do a joint-venture relationship with China. Even in America, McDonnell Douglas and Boeing (manufacturing components). Thats right the Chinese and Americans.....

As for cars, German carmakers, Japanese carmakers, US carmakers are also flooding their way into the Chinese market. Their cars are manufactured in China too.

Be really scare dude.

Some people.........

Airliners_2000, good work, I was going to mention the AE31X series aircraft. Yes you are correct. A few Asian nation had expressed their willingness in purchasing those Airbuses before, but the plan was scrapped as you said and also it was due to the downturn in Asian Economy in the late 1990s, I think?

Comment

While I do know many cars are built in China, NONE of those currently make it to the US. Many companies build cars here in the US.

While I would not feel comfortable flying on a wholly built from the ground up aircraft made in China. The original point that I was trying to make was the fact that this is a big money looser for the government, many of the airlines in China are owned by the government, which means that these planes would be built for them meaning no profit for the government. However the quality of these wholly chinese aircraft will only be known in time, however China is not typically known for "high quality" products.

Comment

Why don't we just end this stupid discussion right now before someone gets banned. Which is the direction this thread is heading. This is my last post on this toipic. No hard feelings to anyone here who disagreed with me, we both made our points. And as we can see there are 2 different ways of looking at the situation. Both with good and bad points. So lets just agree to disagree .

Comment

I read somewhere that the US places restrictions on import cars to protect the US carmakers isn't that correct? I need someone to back up on this. This is why you don't see cars made in China in the USA. In Asia, I saw Honda Accord made in Thailand, it even get shipped to Australia and New Zealand.

Foreign car makers in China are mostly joint venture with Chinese companies to allow Chinese companies to absorb foreign technology. Who knows, in the future Chinese foreign car makers might ship Chinese made cars internationally. This is what Sony is doing, closing down their homeland plant in Japan and manufacture in China. Then it gets shipped back to Japan to sell. Sony HQ also saw Sony Chinese product as good as the one they can make in Japan, I assume tney contol the quality in China.

Then perhaps you should ask Boeing why they chose China to manufacture components of their aircraft if it is not of high quality. Yes you are right Chris, as of today, I still see many Chinese products of inferior quality, but only time will tell.

Comment

gotta love the xenophobia of this thread .... and I wanted to read about airplanes...
                      ________
                      Roll A Joint

Comment

The problem with flying on a Chinese aircraft is that an hour later, you'll be wanting to fly again!

Comment

Originally posted by 9M-MRN
                          I read somewhere that the US places restrictions on import cars to protect the US carmakers isn't that correct? I need someone to back up on this. This is why you don't see cars made in China in the USA. In Asia, I saw Honda Accord made in Thailand, it even get shipped to Australia and New Zealand.

Foreign car makers in China are mostly joint venture with Chinese companies to allow Chinese companies to absorb foreign technology. Who knows, in the future Chinese foreign car makers might ship Chinese made cars internationally. This is what Sony is doing, closing down their homeland plant in Japan and manufacture in China. Then it gets shipped back to Japan to sell. Sony HQ also saw Sony Chinese product as good as the one they can make in Japan, I assume tney contol the quality in China.

Then perhaps you should ask Boeing why they chose China to manufacture components of their aircraft if it is not of high quality. Yes you are right Chris, as of today, I still see many Chinese products of inferior quality, but only time will tell.
                          Regarding your restrictions on cars, the answer is yes and no, many cars are still imported from overseas, however several automakers have plants here because it is actually cheaper to build them in the states rather then build it overseas and then ship it. I do know that my new Mazda 3 was built in Japan, and my moms 4 Runner was built in Japan, however our Mazda truck we used to have was built by ford in Minneapolis, our Honda Accord was built in Ohio, and our 323 was also built in the US. But taxes typically are higher for cars shipped in from elseware, it is to protect our Auto makers so we can keep jobs here, no jobs here effects the rest of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
                            The problem with flying on a Chinese aircraft is that an hour later, you'll be wanting to fly again!
                            Expand on that please...I'm kinda slow...
                            Will F.

Comment

I hate the western media and the way it misinforms its viewers
                              I think that is called "Orientalism" Looking at the world from the prespective of a white person - which often represent what is it NOT. Started by arrogance and ignorance, then interpret what they are without knowing what it is suppose to be.

Unfortunately, you will find a lot of that in the US movies and media.

Comment

Originally posted by 9M-MRN
                                I hate the western media and the way it misinforms its viewers
                                I think that is called "Orientalism" Looking at the world from the prespective of a white person - which often represent what is it NOT. Started by arrogance and ignorance, then interpret what they are without knowing what it is suppose to be.

Unfortunately, you will find a lot of that in the US movies and media.
                                Yeah OK that is why we are nothing like the media in the middle east, oh and I don't think a lot of us would like that "white person" comment, so tell me if our media is based on what really happens, yes movies are full of crap, DUH, then what is your media?

Comment

Working...
                                X