No announcement yet.

China to build their own jets of 150+ Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese and French!?!?!?!? What's the world coming to!

Can't help but need to say this.

It is coming to the world of honkies, negros, afros, chinks, japs, gooks and whatever you like to call it. Is this what you'd like to know?

It is also coming to the world of international cooperation.

If you can't bear it then KKK (an IATA destination code) might be the airport for you.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
      Yeah OK that is why we are nothing like the media in the middle east, oh and I don't think a lot of us would like that "white person" comment, so tell me if our media is based on what really happens, yes movies are full of crap, DUH, then what is your media?

But of course...that was exactly what I expected. That's why you are misinformed. If you realized that you were misinformed, then you wouldn't be.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Chris,

The term "Orientalism" is a scholarly term which is what I said what it was. If you don't like it, too bad.

My media is western based New Zealand media, that's if you'd like to know.

I suppose at the end every media in every corners of the world are somewhat twisted. Why do you think the media protray the communists as a false ideology? A lot of us are constantly brainwashed by our media unconciously, we can't help it. Governments are using media as the way to propagade their propagandas. Things like that happens in China, Middle East and the West. No exceptions here, it is not about comparison.

Comment

Well I don't really watch TV and I never read the newspaper. Our paper here sucks anyway's. I for the most part, go to school, play hockey, check out stuff here, and hang out with my girlfriend. However I do find it very interesting to compare and contrast news stories from everypoint of view, middle east, US, Britian, New Zealand, China, Russia etc and piece together each bit. It is difficult because even if it is western based, their are a lot of differences, for example SimpleBoy stated that an article in New Zealand claims that the United States Government was behind 9/11 however they supported no valid facts. Not to mention, I would highly doubt that our government would ever do something so stupid as that, that basically kills our economy and looses jobs etc. But I am open to any point of views.

Comment

Chris,

That is just a theory about the 9/11 thing. There are many others. For sure, the US govt is quite secretive about their stuff. They are not as open as the NZ govt. You'd be surprise to find out the US government actually cover up many things. For example, the Roswell UFO case and many decades later they exposed this secrecy and claim that the were experimenting with new type of aircrafts.

The US government do have their own propaganda, that is also found in many governments around the globe.

Comment

Come on cut the crap and focus in the topic, this is not a political forum, is an aviation forum.

Actually I believe that if the chinese want to build a good aircrfat they sure can, they have the knowlegde and the technology, even more, they have the capacity to do it cheaper than their western counterparts.

Also that could be good for the aircraft industry, if they can made a good and reliable aircraft that would force Boeing and Airbus to made better planes, and for some of you in this forum, competence is what capitalism is about, so don't be afraid we should encourage this kind of initiatives, is the only way to have a healthy aircraft market rather to let boeing and Airbus to hold the monopoly of it, and yes I know that Bombardier and Embraer also build aircraft, but I'm talking about aircrafts over 100 pax.

just my 2 cents
              Film & Aviation, can't live without them

Comment

*Sigh* And I thought jp.net was immune from all the biased China-bashing found on the net...

I do enjoy political debate, but since this is an aviation forum, I'll just give you all a single fact: by the year 2040, the combined economies of Brazil, China and India are expected to be larger than the whole of the G8 (the US, UK, France, Germany, Canada, Italy, Japan and Russia).

Anyway, a lot of you forget that the main target of this development is to cater to the demands of a domestic market growing at about 7.6% annually (doubling time: 9.47 years), which is set to become the second-largest aviation market by 2020 (all based on published estimations by international organisations).

And kudos to Airliners_2000 for his extensive knowledge of the Chinese aviation manufacturing industry.

To all who have warped views of China, its people and government: I suggest you to not rely on American media and propaganda - alternative viewpoints are extremely important in developing your understanding of the outside world.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Brushstroke

To all who have warped views of China, its people and government: I suggest you to not rely on American media and propaganda - alternative viewpoints are extremely important in developing your understanding of the outside world.
                  Nice try, but the "American media and propaganda" are not all to blame. And what do you mean by "alternative viewpoints"? Please expand on that without trying to hide your opinions in small letters.

I for one gleaned my opinions on China from visiting the place on business and vacation. While I acknowledge that the place has advanced a great deal, it still has a long way to go economically and politically. Maybe this new airliner is a step in the right direction. Brazil builds their own planes, for instance and they make damn good ones at that too.

I do enjoy political debate, but since this is an aviation forum, I'll just give you all a single fact: by the year 2040, the combined economies of Brazil, China and India are expected to be larger than the whole of the G8 (the US, UK, France, Germany, Canada, Italy, Japan and Russia).
                  Please cite the source. As much as I love Brazil, go back and forth and am preparing to move there in the very near future and would LOVE to see this country be a major player, I don't see the economy there expanding all that much to make it a huge global player with the current levels of government corruption. Such a shame to see so much potential wasted. India is a country I see going in the right direction. China? I see India and China competing against eachother and I see India winning this battle for a variety of reasons. India's gain will come at China's (and the rest of the Western world's) expense.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman
                    Nice try, but the "American media and propaganda" are not all to blame.
                    Yes, I recognise that that is part of the problem and not the only reason for it. However, I believe the mass media has a major role in shaping the general public's perceptions.

Originally posted by iceman
                    And what do you mean by "alternative viewpoints"?
                    By this I mean looking beyond local sources of information and gleaning all you can from other perspectives around the world. Analysing situations and issues from multiple viewpoints obviously makes one's deductions much more objective, but I do acknowledge that one's background and beliefs will have a significant effect on this.

If I'm not mistaken, the estimations I posted were stated in The Economist some time ago (in the wake of the failure of the WTO Cancún talks last year) and by a number of economic analysts and newspapers. While the date given is pretty far off, I also believe that the three nations listed have enormous potential, and only time will tell whether these predictions were correct.

Cathay Pacific - The Heart of Asia

Comment

Potential and realization of that potential are two totally different things. I guess we will wait and see if those predictions do come true. I sure hope they do in Brazil's case. No other place I have seen has as much potential as that country.

Yes, I recognise that that is part of the problem and not the only reason for it. However, I believe the mass media has a major role in shaping the general public's perceptions.
                      You're changing tunes now. "Mass media" is global. This also includes European and other outlets like the BBC and TV5 are just as guilty as distorting facts and figures as Fox news and CNN. Of course, it all depends on your "perspective". But it's awfully arrogant and wrong of you to paint "American" media as the sole culprit here as you did before.

Comment

my HKD 0.02 on this...

This is an interesting topic for me, as an American who immigrated from Hong Kong a good dozen years before the handover to the commies (now you know which way I lean...)

I'd like them to fail, mainly because the commies (and thats fairly in-accurate now since most of them are just as greedy as your common capitalist) need to embrace not just capatalism/free market reforms, but political reforms as well. They've made themselves rich through shell companies, heck, CX is partly owned by the Chinese military if you trace back far enough. I understand why the commies are doing this though, to keep money inside China (see their own CPU design "Dragon", or video disc standard "EVD", or their own wireless tech TD-SCDMA and WiFi Security protocols). They either want to buy "made in China" and/or not pay foreign royalties when they make something. The commies are more about staying in power and profiting through all this. And a previous post was right about absorbing tech as well by "partnering" with companies from outside China. They've already done this with auto manufacturing. By "partnering" with the world's established automakers, Chinese automakers are building plants that they have a joint, but majority stake in, with 1st world car companies. The majority stake for the Chinese companies is a mandate from the commie govt, so that once they absorbed enough tech and know how to operate an efficient car plant, they can ditch the "partner" and bam, we now have Chinese auto plants that can build cars with pretty much the same quality and technology as any other car built in the 1st world countries.

Anyway, lets see how fast they can come up with a flying prototype. I'm sure all the mainland China airlines will be launch customers

Comment

Originally posted by 9M-MRN
                          Chinese and French!?!?!?!? What's the world coming to!

Can't help but need to say this.

It is coming to the world of honkies, negros, afros, chinks, japs, gooks and whatever you like to call it. Is this what you'd like to know?

It is also coming to the world of international cooperation.

If you can't bear it then KKK (an IATA destination code) might be the airport for you.
                          Man, your fun to mess with. I don't give a crap about Chinese jets. it's just fun to snipe at folks who take everything so serious.

Grow up.

Comment

I couldn't have said it better myself, Greg.

You know why there's a problem here? Because people can't shut up when they need to. Instead of finding a reason to argue over speculation, which is a stupid thing to begin with, take a deep breath and remember that this is the internet, no one is really going to care what you think. You're wasting your time and energy, guys. Thought I'd let you know. Maybe you realize that already but sometimes people just need to hear it.

Re: China making airplanes. Power to 'em

Comment

OK OFFICIAL END TO THIS TOPIC NO POST AFTER THIS!

Comment

Man, your fun to mess with. I don't give a crap about Chinese jets. it's just fun to snipe at folks who take everything so serious.

Grow up.

Greg, Ignorance and Arrogance are two words that sums you up. Yes you might not give a crap about Chinese jets, think twice before you flying Boeing and Airbus, it is not pure American or pure European.

Yes you need to grow up in order to understand this world a bit better. Go and hide like a little kid that's because you are full of crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X