China to build their own jets of 150+ Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China to build their own jets of 150+ Seats

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.

Looks like another brilliant move by the Chinese government

oh yeah...

Comment

What's wrong with that?

How are you so sure they aren't going to succeed this time?

At least they don't make stupid spelling mistakes
      Che chances of local ...
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I didn't say they wouldn't succeed, but honestly who is going to buy a Chinese plane. Certainly not any US airline, they are going to lose money on this because almost everything in China is state owned, they would build them and give them to their own airlines, so where is the money going to be made.

Comment

Won't say China will succeed or not. A decade ago, people are more likely to refuse buying Chinese made goods, but nowdays you cannot escape from Chinese made products.

Looks like another brilliant move by the Chinese government
          China is definitely at her young days in terms of technology, but it is better late than never!

but honestly who is going to buy a Chinese plane. Certainly not any US airline
          Really? What made you so sure of it? Only time will tell. I can see US airlines buying Airbuses.

Comment

But airplanes are not cheap little plastic army men that you can replace by going down to Wal-Mart, not to mention you can't replace 150+ lives

Comment

Errm... are you all missing something here or is it I that is missing something?
              www.acairport.com

Comment

Who said aircrafts can only be manufactured by Industrialised nations? Embraer is made in Brazil and the Russian made planes too.

I didn't see all Chinese made MD-82s and 90s in the 1990s falling off the sky. Why do you think the Chinese wanted to locally manufacturer the Russian planes in the early days and locally assemble the MD-82 and 90s and the Embraers where they could have just purchase it straight from the West?

They absorbed technologies from the West by locally assembling foreign planes. You'd be surprised how government in some developing countries think. They are not stupid as what you'd like to think them to be.

But airplanes are not cheap little plastic army men that you can replace by going down to Wal-Mart, not to mention you can't replace 150+ lives
                Then perhaps you should stop flying Boeings. I read somewhere that some parts were made in China (or Wal-Mart as you'd like to call it)

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
                  My gosh..............I can't believe the arrogance..........what is this world coming to.......

Chris, do you realize that Boeing and Airbus aircraft contain MANY Chinese made components?

Aviation Industries of China (AVIC) is a MAJOR supplier of aircraft components for aircraft manufacturers around the world INCLUDING Boeing and Airbus!

That's right.....be afraid.....you are flying on planes with "cheap little plastic."

Lebanon - The Land of Milk & Honey
                  Home to the Magestic Cedars
                  Beirut, Lebanon - Paris of the Middle East
                  Middle East Airlines (MEA) - Lebanon's Ambassador to the World
                  Like No Other

Comment

And Russia is going build the russian regional jet .

I for one wont fly on anything built in China or in Russia.

However it would be cool if the Japanese were to build an airplane. Japan is very technically advanced and their products last a long time and are made with quality. For example many video games systems start out in Japan and then are releasd elsewere and Japan has highspeed bullet trains and they were able to build Kansai airport. So if a Japanese company were to build an aircraft that would be very successful .

Comment

My gosh..............I can't believe the arrogance..........what is this world coming to.......
                      Airliners 2000, yes you are right.........

I can definitely sense the smell of arrogance and ignorance in the air.

Boeings are time-bombs as they contained Chinese made components.....

Comment

However it would be cool if the Japanese were to build an airplane. Japan is very technically advanced and their products last a long time and are made with quality. For example many video games systems start out in Japan and then are releasd elsewere and Japan has highspeed bullet trains and they were able to build Kansai airport. So if a Japanese company were to build an aircraft that would be very successful
                        Oh my gosh....baby on board. Watch out!

Airbus_A320, please stick to your Nintendo and Sony PlayStation at home, it is more fun in the other dimension than the world of reality.

Comment

However it would be cool if the Japanese were to build an airplane. Japan is very technically advanced and their products last a long time and are made with quality. For example many video games systems start out in Japan and then are releasd elsewere and Japan has highspeed bullet trains and they were able to build Kansai airport. So if a Japanese company were to build an aircraft that would be very successful

Oh my gosh....baby on board. Watch out!

Airbus_A320, please stick to your Nintendo and Sony PlayStation at home, it is more fun in the other dimension than the world of reality.

Comment

mmmm china, mmmm outsourcing
                            on a serious note, I dont see US airlines buying a chinese aircraft b/cthe yuan is fixed against the dollar.... could lose a bunch in the transaction
                            europe on the other hand.....
                            ________
                            Mflb vaporizer

Comment

I think you fail to realize that I also mentioned Kansai. Also cars (the ones actually made in Japan) are very reliable too.

I don't have anything against China. I just think the situation there is not suited to building something as advanced as a complete aircraft as much as Japan is. I'm not being arrogant like chris saying only boeing and/or airbus is good. I'm just saying I have more confidence in the Japanese. I mean how much faith would you put in a government that kept SARS a secret untill it became a big problem and there was no way to keep it in . If it was reported promptly many lives could have been saved. Do you really think it would be any different if some big problem was discovered with a chinese government sponsored aircraft .

Comment

Working...
                              X