This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying- Overseas and international flights on 757,767, A320

Delta and Continental are the kings of this. Delta flys a 767 to MOSCOW from Atlanta. This is rediculous, just another check off on the "Why i hate Skyteam" list.

I flew a 763ER from YYZ-TLV (12 hrs) Wasn't so bad, ofcourse I was only 10.

Comment

Well im just saying, im paying them a good penny to fly internationally and i want a jumbo. A real jumbo...A346, 744, 772/773, A330 even

Comment

Airlines don't care what some aviation fan defines as a "real jumbo". They use whatever aircraft is deemed most profitable on a certain route, based on its range, its capacity, and consumer demand.
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
          Delta and Continental are the kings of this. Delta flys a 767 to MOSCOW from Atlanta. This is rediculous, just another check off on the "Why i hate Skyteam" list.
          It's because DL has a very limited number of 777s. Even if they had enough 777s, if the load can't support one, why use the plane? CO uses the 757 because the routes can't support a 767 or a 777. Don't fault the airline when the pax. numbers just aren't there.
          If you want a 744 or a A330, fly NW. (Even though they are in Skyteam )
          Do you have any credible reasons that you hate Skyteam?
          Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
          ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

I flew OSL-EWR (8hrs) on a 757 and it wasn't terrible.

UA-F9 what narrowbody flights have you taken for extended periods of time, to back up your point???
            - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
              It's because DL has a very limited number of 777s. Even if they had enough 777s, if the load can't support one, why use the plane? CO uses the 757 because the routes can't support a 767 or a 777. Don't fault the airline when the pax. numbers just aren't there.
              If you want a 744 or a A330, fly NW. (Even though they are in Skyteam )
              Do you have any credible reasons that you hate Skyteam?
              Yes, Because Delta, Northwest and Continental have all been flown by myself, girlfriend, close friends, or family. 90% of these people have said that these airlines made a large mistake, baggage, reservations or otherwise and the customer service was horrible even after they messed up in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
                I flew OSL-EWR (8hrs) on a 757 and it wasn't terrible.

UA-F9 what narrowbody flights have you taken for extended periods of time, to back up your point???
                He has one... they don't use aircraft that are comfotable. Enough said.
                - Fly United -
                My photos.

Comment

Remember, this is MY personal experience with these airlines. Word of mouth is how consumerism works. I dont refer anyone to any skyteam airline, especially any of those big three. pay a little more money and take a better in my opinion better airline. Anyone who flys skyteam religiously, more power to you, best of luck trying to get to Point B from Point A conviently without any mistakes, but i wont be aboard.

Comment

Yes, Because Delta, Northwest and Continental have all been flown by myself, girlfriend, close friends, or family. 90% of these people have said that these airlines made a large mistake, baggage, reservations or otherwise and the customer service was horrible even after they messed up in the first place.
                    ...and that has to do with the topic of the thread?
                    - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
                      ...and that has to do with the topic of the thread?

Jbrewster asked me why i dont fly skyteam.

I have taken a Continental 767 EWR-LGW and believe me, it was very uncomfortable for me and my girlfriend who were originally split apart on our boarding pass seats when on the website we chose seats next to each other(another mistake they always seem to make) so we had to beg a guy to let us sit next to each other.

Comment

Oh and let me add, that was the LAST flight i ever took on a Skyteam airline. I refuse to fly them.

Comment

Jbrewster asked me why i dont fly skyteam.

I have taken a Continental 767 EWR-LGW and believe me, it was very uncomfortable for me and my girlfriend who were originally split apart on our boarding pass seats when on the website we chose seats next to each other(another mistake they always seem to make) so we had to beg a guy to let us sit next to each other.
                          Fair enough, but I don't think that's related to their choice of aircraft.

One general comment though, if airlines were to fly the biggest plane they could possible acquire, they would all be headed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection very quickly. Ultimately airlines are about profitability and returns on shareholders' capital (I know, it sure doesn't appear that way to quite a few of them).

On a personal note, I don't mind the 767s but I can see your point. Then again, you can always go by boat and get plenty of room

-Sturla

Comment

Rediculous bitching and complaining while showing no idea how an airline stays profitable is another reaosn why you are on my ignore list.
                            Sam Rudge
                            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Well im just saying, im paying them a good penny to fly internationally and i want a jumbo. A real jumbo...A346, 744, 772/773, A330 even
                              What's the problem of flying a 767 from Altanta to Moscow? Asiana even used to fly a 767 from Seoul to Seattle. British Airways is using 767 on many of its trans-Atlantic routes. Besides, a 767 is not that bad. A332 is just about the same size as a 764. So if you are OK with flying an A330, why not a 767? As long as you are flying Y-Class, the seats are more or less the same no matter what type of plane and what airline you are on. Probably you should choose an airline with better service (e.g. eatable meals, IFE, etc.). Or you can pay more to fly Business Class.
                              Next:
                              None Planned

Comment

Working...
                              X