Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I can sympathize with you in some cases....
    I really wont like being on a narrow-body, single aisle aircraft for more than 4 hours, but then that busts your 767 arguement. It is a wide body and very cacpable of doing long flights!
    One more thing, lets say that you want to fly a wide-body, why dont you get all of your buddies to buy tickets and maybe that will send a message to tha airlines that they ned to up the aircraft type on that flight! LOL!
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Funny, I outwardly remember some luxury pr*cks I used to work with and who
      didn't like
      - the propeller driven aircarfts because they look old and they are the propellers spinning ....
      - the 707/Caravelle/DC.8 because they are not enough modern ....
      - the DC10 because it is horrible and always crash ....
      When this PIA A300 and TGA 3-ten carshed at KTM, I could not help myself thinking loud : "RIP for psgrs and crew members but TOO BAD MACHIN (fulani/dingsda/so&so) WAS NOT ON BOARD !!!"
      Alain
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
        FYI, getting from point A to B on Skyteam is easier the Star Alliance, since SkyTeam is now the worlds largest alliance (and no I dont mean in terms of members)
        Skyteam has an excellent network in North AMerica and Europe, but they have no presence in the southern hemisphere. I don't think company worth/passenger #s alone are fair measuring sticks.

Comment

Damn it, just when I had forgiven UA-F9 guy for his ignorant stupid coments on delta and ATL he comes on this thread and acts like a total asshole. In his opinion, any airline that doesn't treat him like royalty the very first time he flys them sucks forever...
          Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2
            Damn it, just when I had forgiven UA-F9 guy for his ignorant stupid coments on delta and ATL he comes on this thread and acts like a total asshole. In his opinion, any airline that doesn't treat him like royalty the very first time he flys them sucks forever...
            Agreed, they may want him to take a hint.
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
              You are retarded. I dont care if im on your ignore list. Have a good day loser.
              I determiend you are a useless waist of matter in a previous post so your opinion isnt even going to be listened to by me.
              Wow, perfect sentence control... I mean really... wow.

How about adding commas, and using proper syntax. You se in the first one, it's, "I don't care if I'm on your ignore list." And also, the loser was a nice touch... I hope he has since recovered from that low blow.

Now the second quote... You really screwed up the subject in this one. You see, what you say, if you read the sentence pragmatically, is that while you were physically in another post you decided he was a waste of matter. For all of the other forum readers out there, I hope you have honed your hermeneutical skills for UA-F9 guy, or you will never be able to read his posts... myabe that is not that bad of a thing though.

Seriously though, just stop the insults. So you don't want to fly skyteam, okay, so what. We all know what equipment they use, if you have a problem, e-mail Delta or whoever, or don't fly them.
              - Fly United -
              My photos.

Comment

What a rant!!!!

I would rather have any modern plane with a choice of frequencies than be stuffed onto a full "jumbo" that only flies three times a week any day.

The 767 in any series is very comfortable on long haul flights; AC for eg uses them on many trans atlantic and transpacific flights, indeed some as far as 5900 miles long YYZ-TLV. 2-3-2 with two aisles is a great combo.

As for the 320 series, very comfortable for flights up to six hours. AC was able to fly YHZ-YVR non stop a few years ago with a 319. Pax loads would not have allowed for a larger plane. I have also flown them to the Caribbean with no compaint what so ever.

757 is not my fav plane, but again would fly one in a heartbeat if necessary, and have flown westbound from Europe on one. Not a comfortable experience, but that had more to do with the puny charter seat pitch than any inherant wrongs with the aircraft.

Airlines are giving people what they want with smaller planes-frequency of service with more non stops than would be possible with larger planes. And lets not forget they are in the biz to make $$$$ not lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  Here I am up late due to the Formula 1 race at 4 am, and realise that I have missed something like this. UA-F9 Guy, I guess you need a big-time reality check, and maybe get a life. To summarize what others have said, airlines use airplanes that best fit the demand on the routes.
                  So you complain about A320s on international flights? Big deal, most international A320 flights are under 5 hours, something that can also be said for most US transcons. And those A319LR and BBJ longhaul flights operated by Lufthansa are high-quality business-class only flights, something which you will never use due to the plane, though it is proven that PrivatAir's product is superior to LH's Business Class. Not that you could afford it anyway.

So you complain about 757s on international flights? Well, load factors way above 90% on Continental's Europe flights obviously show that most pax couldn't care less about being on a narrowbody on a transatlantic flight.

So you complain about 767s on international flights? Where have you been in the last decade? The 767 is the transatlantic workhorse. And why? because it is the most suitable plane for the routes it flies. Not to mention it's 2-3-2 layout is probably the best layout there is.

So you think that airlines should use planes with at least 8-abreast seating? Very smart. Would that be the place, you wouldn't be seeing about 50% of transatlantic routes nowadays. CO's European network would be practically non-existant except for LGW, CDG, FCO, FRA, MAN and AMS. Same goes for Delta. And why? Because A300/A310s are too old and lack the range, and the A330 is too big for most of them, not to mention those are Airbus products, and CO and DL have an all Boeing fleet.

So base you, and I quote, for Skyteam on one single bad experience? Because they lost your bag? If you are that nitpicky, soon you won't have any airline to fly on, because every airline occasionally misplaces bags. Let me tell you something: KLM once misplace my family's bags, sending them to Tokio instead of Atlanta. And we still flew with them, having some great experiences. Delta has misplaced our bags, and I had my best experiences on them. Sabena misplaced our bags, but the friendliness of the employees made us forget that single incident. LH once made us the train from FRA to HAM, because they couldn't get a plane ready for the flight. Yet I still prefer Lufthansa to Air France. When it occurs that your bags are misplaced on 12 out of 15 flights, and when you're dropped of the plane for no reason and experience hour-long delays on the same airline, then you can say you will never fly them again.

To the other members: Sorry for the long rant, but when I say the title I just had to get that out.

First off, you dont know what i can afford. I fly First Class pretty much everytime i fly unless i fly a carrier that doesnt have it, like Frontier. Im not going to brag because i dont need to, but believe me im sure if i wanted to fly that service, i could afford it.

Second, It isnt just ONE time, i was using that as an example. Everytime i have flown on a Skyteam airline which is let me tally...4 I have had some kind of problem, to which they gave me NO options and horribly rude customer service agents. Believe me, i know your airline is going in the hole, but im paying you good money so you better kiss my ass. This is the way it works, you dont ignore me when you f*$! Up and you dont treat me with disrepect. Plent of Airlines have messed up, besides Skyteam alliance ones. United has a couple of times, the difference, i was given options, promptly, with a smile on their face and it was solved in the shortest amount of time possible.

Lastly, i realize that they have to use the plane that fits the route. Im sorry that i had to sadly associate skyteam with this behavior of using narrowbodies on transatlantic and other long haul routes, but i was just simply stating that it annoys me. British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, and Air France (A Skyteam Airline that i actually liked flying even though i had a slightly rude FA) all use widebodies, so i'll use these airlines. Not Delta. Not Northwest Not Continental. I said you can use who you want, so get off my back.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
                    Why do you even want a jumbo? It's not like you get more room (in economy anyway). The pitch is the same whether it's a big plane or a small plane. As for your beloved Star Alliance....UA's 747s don't have PTVs in all classes, yet their 763s do.

I dont usually fly Econ..thats why it matters to me. But thats fine. I'm begining to see the 767 as an aircraft that suits the route, but a 757 and A320 still anoys me...

Comment

Sounds like this topic was started to just have another reason to bash Skyteam. And the only Skyteam airline that uses narrowbodies is CO. And the funny part is, CO is doing much better financially wise than the two Star Alliance members in the United States.
                      Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
                      ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2

You know, Im sorry i did that honestly. It isnt just Delta, im just saying that their Customer Service absolutely blows, everytime i have had the displeasure of having to utilize their Customer Service Agent(s) They were either rude, ignored me, or both.

Comment

My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

First off, you dont know what i can afford. I fly First Class pretty much everytime i fly unless i fly a carrier that doesnt have it, like Frontier. Im not going to brag because i dont need to, but believe me im sure if i wanted to fly that service, i could afford it.
                            If you are so rich then none of this should even be a problem...

Because if ticket price wasn't an issue, you can always make sure you fly on the airline of your choice, on the aircraft type of your choice, and in the class of your choice.

If you are flying Virgin first class all the time, then why the hell do you even care what Continental uses in their economy product?

Second, It isnt just ONE time, i was using that as an example. Everytime i have flown on a Skyteam airline which is let me tally...4 I have had some kind of problem, to which they gave me NO options and horribly rude customer service agents. Believe me, i know your airline is going in the hole, but im paying you good money so you better kiss my ass. This is the way it works, you dont ignore me when you f*$! Up and you dont treat me with disrepect. Plent of Airlines have messed up, besides Skyteam alliance ones. United has a couple of times, the difference, i was given options, promptly, with a smile on their face and it was solved in the shortest amount of time possible.
                            Either you are having really bad luck, or Skyteam has a personal vandetta against you (and I wouldn't blame them).

And if you dislike them so much, just stop flying them. Remember, money isn't an issue right? Fly Singapore, Cathay, Virgin, or Emirates first class! And if they don't serve where you fly, charter your own bizjet! Stop flying on airlines that you'll just end up complaining about.

Lastly, i realize that they have to use the plane that fits the route. Im sorry that i had to sadly associate skyteam with this behavior of using narrowbodies on transatlantic and other long haul routes, but i was just simply stating that it annoys me. British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, and Air France (A Skyteam Airline that i actually liked flying even though i had a slightly rude FA) all use widebodies, so i'll use these airlines. Not Delta. Not Northwest Not Continental. I said you can use who you want, so get off my back.
                            This is how things work here. You want to make a retarded comment, you're gonna have to face its consequences. Pretend you are someone else and start reading this thread from the beginning. Can't you see how ridiculous your argument is?

And learn to spell, for Christ's sake...
                            Will F.
                            Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Jbrewster1012
                              Sounds like this topic was started to just have another reason to bash Skyteam. And the only Skyteam airline that uses narrowbodies is CO. And the funny part is, CO is doing much better financially wise than the two Star Alliance members in the United States.
                              Not to just bash Skyteam...i didnt do it for that. Find me a Star Alliance route that runs to london or just a long haul transcontinental or transatlantic or trans pacific run with a 757 or A320. There arent too many other airlines out of Skyteam that do this...

Comment

Not to just bash Skyteam...i didnt do it for that. Find me a Star Alliance route that runs to london or just a long haul transcontinental or transatlantic or trans pacific run with a 757 or A320. There arent too many other airlines out of Skyteam that do this...
                                Air Canada flies the A320 family from Canada to Central America, as well as flying them from the East Coast to the West Coast.
                                Lufthansa flies the A320 from Germany to the US.
                                Will F.
                                Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Working...
                                X