How many A300 does AA have left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CathayPacific View Post
    So AA has solved the issue of the need for cargo capacity to the Caribbean? I thought they kept the A300 flying for so long on the Caribbean routes is because they need the large belly-cargo capacity of the A300. 757 definitely would not cut it for cargo. Even the 767 cargo space is smaller than the A300. But the 777 is too large for passengers operations. So has anything changed? I would think cargo demand for the Caribbean was less affected by the economic downturn?
    on my most commonly flown routes to the caribbean and latin america, i can honestly say that i have not noticed a decease in passenger load or demand. and there does not seem to be a decrease in time for loading/unloading cargo/baggage. there may have been a few flights canceled which my be making up the difference though. several of my clients do ship back and forth to latin america and the gross tonnage has reduced dramatically for some of them. two clients operating in the free zone in nicaragua have shuttered operations for now.

Comment

American's last A300 flight is Monday Aug 23rd. So long to this old workhorse!

Comment

Sad day as an aviation fan, to see the last Passenger Operated A300 service in the USA.

I flew on one MCO-MIA September 11th, 2007. I was heading MCO-MIA-STL and jumped at the chance to grab an A300 when I saw it was scheduled in my itinerary. Short flight, but glad I got to ride it when I did.

My ride was on N14056

Take Off at MCO...

American Airlines Airbus A300-600 N14056 taking off from Orlando International Airport on the way to Miami International Airport on. Sep 11th, 2007. American...

The Landing into MIA

Alex
        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Working...
        X