No announcement yet.

Total Newbee needs Advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very interesting...a bit strange that a new business venture would be considering buying its own aircraft--several million $ at minimum, building its own airport--many more million dollars, and all presumably to fly executives to and from the site.

i have zero experience in building runways or buying jets, but i have several clients that own jets and a friend that flies one. the common denominator i think is a very established business with a real need to be free from the constraints of commercial aviation's schedules. other than that, owning a jet is not a cost saving measure utilizing anyone's math.

there are two international airports in Guatemala that are fairly well serviced by commercial carriers.

anyway, have fun...

Comment

Yeah, and we're OLD too.
      Each of us has accomplished many of the goals that we thought important earlier in life.
      Now, we've decided to "have fun," as you have suggested.
      The business plan includes a line entry for transportation, and it was 'designed' to include the purchase of a medium size jet and construct an appropriate landing strip.
      And yes, our clients will definitely benefit from it.
      So will we.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
        just curious but did you ever consider the Piagio Avanti? There are several based near me and their owners say thay prefer them to regular jets.

One problem with dirt/gravel/grass runways is debris getting kicked up into the engines (perhaps a problem with turbo-props also). Perhaps the Hondajet configuration overcomes this problem.
        Or even a Pilatus PC-12.

It lacks the glamour of a twin jet, but being a single engine turboprop you will save millions in aquisition costs, oprating costs and in runway (you can start with a 3000ft gravel runway). It will be only a few minutes behind a small jet in a typical mission, and it's still an excellent and luxury plane, plus it's a work horse at the same time which can be converted from executive to cargo in minutes.

It is NOT a medium jet, but could compete well with a small jet.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Thank you, I'll be sure to pass this information on to my partners.
          HEY LUKA, you still checking in?
          This group has done GREAT THINGS, don't ya think?

Comment

i see all....

Yeah i'm here man! Giggling over the careful questions your receiving....
            Private Jet
            Private airstrip
            "Collegues"
            Operating out of a small bush town...
            Million dollar budget
            Heck, even i'm wondering what your running!

You keep telling people that your not on the jet side of things and yet still get opinions! Ha!
            (I thought the HondaJet was a good idea).
            You DO sound interesting...So, how does one get to be in your position? (I'm presuming your all legit here).
            None of my business of course...

Comment

I'm the last in of three. Actually last in of about six, but just three locally. We three dings of construction are, from one of the places considered so far, as strange as it seems in Costa Rica we met, on some Guatemalan finca our sites are set.
              So yes, we are legit. The two "principles" live in the mountains of a canton called Heredia, I live in the same canton but closer to the central valley of Costa Rica (not quite as cold.) I met one of them through the Internet. He had taken a interest in my hobby, (metal fabrication) and short time later, he reportedly came to understand that my MA in education might serve him well in his upcoming launch of this metal fabrication company. His plans include a highly varied product/service line, and I am slated (somehow) to fit into all of this. But I ramble (my bad.)

Comment

Not at all.

So your Costa Rican? Perhaps your MA in education would explain your great English. Aint the net grand? Might put myself on the net if this is what it gets you...

Professional wanker, can fanarcle, any reasonable offer...
                Something like that?

Actually, might get a bunch of misguided responses from that hey!?

Comment

I just live in Costa Rica, born and bred in New Jersey. But that only exemplifies the need to be 'on guard' at all times. I could just as easily present as a young woman. Wouldn't
                  want to,... but I could.
                  Where are you at?

Comment

I could just as easily present as a young woman. Wouldn't
                    want to,... but I could.
                    I read that as you are a little effeminate looking??? Have a got that wrong?
                    I'm from steamy Darwin, Australia.
                    Noo Joisey cops a bit of flak from Noo Yorkers doesn't it? Is it a suburb yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Luka View Post
                      i see all....

Yeah i'm here man! Giggling over the careful questions your receiving....
                      Private Jet
                      Private airstrip
                      "Collegues"
                      Operating out of a small bush town...
                      Million dollar budget
                      Heck, even i'm wondering what your running!

You keep telling people that your not on the jet side of things and yet still get opinions! Ha!
                      (I thought the HondaJet was a good idea).
                      You DO sound interesting...So, how does one get to be in your position? (I'm presuming your all legit here).
                      None of my business of course...
                      Luka, you're not implying there are posers around these parts, are you? Speaking of metal fabrication, isn't that something that requires a fair amount of raw materials to do (ore and such)? How are those materials getting there?

None of my business either, of course....

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Malone View Post
                        Luka, you're not implying there are posers around these parts, are you? Speaking of metal fabrication, isn't that something that requires a fair amount of raw materials to do (ore and such)? How are those materials getting there?

- We're all posers.....Thats too deep for the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Luka View Post
                          I could just as easily present as a young woman. Wouldn't
                          want to,... but I could.
                          I read that as you are a little effeminate looking??? Have a got that wrong?
                          I'm from steamy Darwin, Australia.
                          Noo Joisey cops a bit of flak from Noo Yorkers doesn't it? Is it a suburb yet?
                          I don't know bout effeminate, but I got us noo yok rite heyah. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Malone View Post

Yeah, I agree, we all posers to some extent. I fabricate metal, I don't manufacture it. Your right to 'make' metal takes a ton more knowledge than i have.
                            I'm jus a old white yankee from da nort east.

Comment

Working...
                            X