CL-415 Down in Karystos Greece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL-415 Down in Karystos Greece

The plane banks after a water drop into a steepening and descending turn. Neither pilot survived.

The Greek air force pilots had been responding to a wildfire near Platanistos on the island of Evia.

Originally posted by Evan View Post
    The plane banks after the right wing smashes through bushes shedding the wingtip float, visibly damaging the leading edge and possibly the aileron too, into a steepening and descending turn. Neither pilot survived.

The Greek air force pilots had been responding to a wildfire near Platanistos on the island of Evia.

Fixed

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      Fixed
      I finally got to see it on a desktop screen. I couldn't make it out on the mobile screen. I wonder how common it is to drop water in a bank like that. Not a great idea at such low altitude above trees. I suppose there are terrain challenges that make these risks inevitable. This isn't a job for the faint of heart.

Gut wrenching to watch. But mystery solved.

Comment

Working...
      X