Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MH370, The Search May Resume

The NY Times today:

Oliver Plunkett, the chief executive of Ocean Infinity, said in a statement that the company was now in a position to search again about six years after its previous effort returned no answers.
    Not sure if they have some new tech, new ideas, or just need another $150M. But there's still a bit of Indian Ocean left to scan.

Originally posted by Evan View Post
    The NY Times today:

Not sure if they have some new tech, new ideas, or just need another $150M. But there's still a bit of Indian Ocean left to scan.
    A bit? “A bit” is probably the size of texas or more, and i cant imagine the new budget, with inflation and less people willing to search for the flight that will actually take the job. And it has been almost 10 years since it vanished (in 2 days it is the 10 year anniversary of the vanishing). And do black boxes even last that long? Under 4km of water? Wouldn’t they have corroded? AF447s were from 2009 to 2011 if i remember, and if i remember well they were not in good shape when they found it. And do they even know where to start the search? Pick it up from the last point? I am sure ocean currents would have scattered the wrecage even more after 10 years. And do you think they have new technology, maybye a better ocean topography reader?
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

Comment

Well, I'm thinking Ocean Infinity was behind it. Think about it... you disappear a plane and then get hired to find it. You know where it is so it's not going to get found until you've made a serious fortune puttering around an ocean a lot bigger than Texas. When people start to lose hope you toss them a spoileron, wait a bit, and then show up claiming to have some new submersible thing that's actually just an empty propane tank with some wires and boxes glued to it. It's brilliantly diabolical. And you get a winter tan. Oh wait, I found the blue font. Let me start over...

Comment

Well, I'm thinking Ocean Infinity was behind it. Think about it... you disappear a plane and then get hired to find it. You know where it is so it's not going to get found until you've made a serious fortune puttering around an ocean a lot bigger than Texas. When people start to lose hope you toss them a spoileron, wait a bit, and then show up claiming to have some new submersible thing that's actually just an empty propane tank with some wires and boxes glued to it. It's brilliantly diabolical. And you get a winter tan.
        Maybye it is true, but seriously, what do we already know about mh370? and i also hope the forum does not run out of blue font. And do we honestlly belive that after 3652 days there will be any breakthrough? Or a new discovery that will help with the investigation of a 10 year mystery of the vanishing? Are they serious? Or is it a publicity/marketing stunt that will end after 4 months with nothing discovered?

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

Maybye it is true, but seriously, what do we already know about mh370? and i also hope the forum does not run out of blue font. And do we honestlly belive that after 3652 days there will be any breakthrough? Or a new discovery that will help with the investigation of a 10 year mystery of the vanishing? Are they serious? Or is it a publicity/marketing stunt that will end after 4 months with nothing discovered?
          I am serious about the opportunism part. Sometimes the reason you do something is because there's money to be had. I'm sure there is also a genuine desire to solve this mystery, but many of us feel the mystery has been solved enough from an aviation safety perspective. Unlike AF447, I don't expect to learn something very different from the valid theories that the known evidence has formed. The best we can learn from this is to screen pilots as carefully and as frequently as possible.

Comment

I am serious about the opportunism part. Sometimes the reason you do something is because there's money to be had. I'm sure there is also a genuine desire to solve this mystery, but many of us feel the mystery has been solved enough from an aviation safety perspective. Unlike AF447, I don't expect to learn something very different from the valid theories that the known evidence has formed. The best we can learn from this is to screen pilots as carefully and as frequently as possible.
            Of course im optimistic (even if i dont show it too well). i just have my doubts about the point of searching further, or if we even can...

Comment

or if we even can...
              After all, in just a few hours the 10 year aniversary of mh370 will come. Of course i want answers, for my curiosity and for the families of the victims, it just seems as if they wont come, not after 10 years submerged in over 4km of water.

Comment

After all, in just a few hours the 10 year aniversary of mh370 will come. Of course i want answers, for my curiosity and for the families of the victims, it just seems as if they wont come, not after 10 years submerged in over 4km of water.
                Just finding the wreckage would be a huge closure for the families, and a huge shut the F up for all the other crazy theories.
                Also, you may be able to determine for example if the captain was in the cockpit and the FO was outside, or was inside with a bullet through his head.
                If if both the captain and FO had bullets in their heads and someone else was in the cockpit.
                Physical evidence of the wreckage can help confirm no pre-impact breakup or fire.
                And it is very possible that you may be able to obtain data from the black boxes.
                The black boxes from AF447 were 2 years under the sea. 2 years is not 100, but If the containers of the memory modules remain watertight, there is hope.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                  Also, you may be able to determine for example if the captain was in the cockpit and the FO was outside, or was inside with a bullet through his head.
                  If if both the captain and FO had bullets in their heads and someone else was in the cockpit.
                  Or three people in the cockpit with bullets in their heads and two guns. Etc.

The lack of motive doesn't point to hijacking unless it was a highjacking gone very wrong, a la United 93. I'm still going with murdercide.

Comment

I'm still going with murdercide.
                    Yep. And almost certainly since the spoke the last words over the radio and the transponder went off and the plane started the turn almost immediately after that.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Just finding the wreckage would be a huge closure for the families, and a huge shut the F up for all the other crazy theories.
                      Physical evidence of the wreckage can help confirm no pre-impact breakup or fire.
                      And it is very possible that you may be able to obtain data from the black boxes.
                      The black boxes from AF447 were 2 years under the sea. 2 years is not 100, but If the containers of the memory modules remain watertight, there is hope.
                      I still remember that one theorie:
                      -i decided to go and see what aviation content NETFLIX had. I stumbled upon a mh370 series. Long story short, they invited a journalist whose aviation knowledge is, well, questionable. I would belive the only thing he knows about planes is british airways first class from Heathrow to L.A. Why? Because his explanation was, and i quote (with quite awfull memory, but still the general idea) "you know the avionics computers, the ones from fly by wire or some shit, maybye there was a hijacker who entered the avionics bay, and, using the computers, took control of the cockpit equipment , softlocking the pilots from control of their plane, and diverted it down the indian ocean, and then crashed it.”
                      If that was not scripted (which i doubt) i am surprised that he still has a job, or friends.

Honestly, at this point, it is impossible that mh370 was a mechanical failiure (just too many on such modern plane, but with boeing, who knows…). I would say it was pilot suicide, but a hijacking cannot be ruled out. It is a question now of «who had a gun against their head, and whos gun is it», or more like «who had a bullet in their brain, both pilots or the first officer». Chances also are that the first officer went to the bathroom, or to talk with the flight attendants and the door was shut behind him. Like that germanwings crash.

Comment

Yep. And almost certainly since the spoke the last words over the radio and the transponder went off and the plane started the turn almost immediately after that.
                        Again, i am going with pilot suicide, it just makes sense. After all, who wouldn’t want to fly a large metal tube into the ocean for hours until it runs out of fuel, and commiting mass murder for your own heartbreak, instead of going to a psychiatric?

Comment

Working...
                        X