This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post

Footnote: There is nothing wrong with Gabriel's theory- there's almost always some unanswered questions, and the more specific you get, the more questions there are. How does a top flight crew do CFIT? It seems unconscionable! Well, 1) it's happened before, and 2) Well, maybe they botched their go around- it only takes a brief lapse in attention- hit the GA button, look away from the altimiter for a second...
    I have one question for you. In most CFITs are the pilots aware at all times during the last phase of the flight how far they are from the ground, almost to a single foot?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      It's not a matter of sidetracking the conversation. Everybody knows that it is possible to induce fog, given the right atmospheric conditions. But with all the elaborate planning that would have gone into bringing the plane down, it was still impossible to create these atmospheric conditions for the arrival window of the flight. So, it would all together have been possible to plan the crash and the plane would have arrived under clear skies with visibility of 100km, doing a visual approach and there was nothing anybody could have done about it, no matter what electronic and ATC distraction from the ground they had planned.
      I would not be surprised if during April in Smolensk almost every day would have right atmospheric conditions, given some help. But look at this statistical information. It is startling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwester View Post
        I have one question for you. In most CFITs are the pilots aware at all times during the last phase of the flight how far they are from the ground, almost to a single foot?
        I believe I was clear- it's often an attention lapse where they were NOT aware of their altitude.

Perhaps you will now attack my assertation- but it doesn't change the fact that this is not the first time someone busted minimums (and busted them grossly) and hit the ground (especially with someone "powerful" on board possibly exerting pressure to get there at all costs.)
        Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

I would not be surprised if during April in Smolensk almost every day would have right atmospheric conditions, given some help. But look at this statistical information. It is startling.
          So, now you are telling us that the Russians also made the weather fit their conspiracy plans? Wouldn't it have been easier to create some kind of scandal to force the Polish president to resign, if they wanted to get rid of him in politics (which I doubt they wanted in the first place, because he just wasn't that important)?

Comment

So, now you are telling us that the Russians also made the weather fit their conspiracy plans? Wouldn't it have been easier to create some kind of scandal to force the Polish president to resign, if they wanted to get rid of him in politics (which I doubt they wanted in the first place, because he just wasn't that important)?
            Get over the weather, Peter. They had that dynamite on board as the backup plan.
            Les rčgles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
              Get over the weather, Peter. They had that dynamite on board as the backup plan.
              *lol... right... why bother with the weather?

Comment

*lol... right... why bother with the weather?
                LOL, the fog did not work so you come up with WHAT!? dynamite? yeah, right...

Comment

LOL, the fog did not work so you come up with WHAT!? dynamite? yeah, right...
                  LOL, right. Dynamite, sure!

Everybody knows it was TNT.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                  --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• An interesting perspective from a paraglider who tried to follow the approach path. You can watch it here:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeUEsA7NUUUздесь не стабилизированое видеоэто то чти видели бы лётчики в отсутствии тумана тока скорость полёта на 50км\ч мень...

If in fact the plane was flying at about 5m above ground and clipped the birch (red outline of the plane), then it would have had to also clip the tall trees directly behind the birch. But the trees are untouched. So either the plane was flying higher and it could not have clipped the birch, or, if in fact it was flying low, it had to be flying more to the right (blue outline) in order to miss the tall trees and then it would have also missed the birch. Either way impossible to reconcile with the official reports.

Comment

You speak German, right?

I will post the English version when it is available.

Comment

• Right-wing, ultra-conservative, pseudo-catholic fanatics don't carry much weight in a serious discussion

Comment

Right-wing, ultra-conservative, pseudo-catholic fanatics don't carry much weight in a serious discussion
                          What??????
                          What does this have to do with the witnesses statements in Smolensk?

Comment

What??????
                            What does this have to do with the witnesses statements in Smolensk?
                            What makes you think that their witnesses are any more trustworthy than the rest of those people who produce a website like that?

Comment

What makes you think that their witnesses are any more trustworthy than the rest of those people who produce a website like that?
                              Because they are local Russian people that don't have any interest in not telling the truth.

This is interesting too:

Comment

Because they are local Russian people that don't have any interest in not telling the truth.
                                Hmmmmmm... and how do you know that they are plain simple Russian country folk? Did you speak to them yourself? A few rubels might help them to make the story more interesting. The most reputable person is a useless witness in the hands of a disreputable "news service"...

Comment

Working...
                                X