Airplane Crash over Tripoli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on the CVR??

I think it will un-fold important information.

GOD bless their soul

Comment

• Air crash's boy survivor arrives home

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands — The 9-year-old Dutch boy who survived the plane crash in Libya arrived back in the Netherlands on a medical evacuation flight Saturday as Dutch, U.S. and other investigators worked in Libya to determine the cause of the crash.
      Who's on first?..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadi Saeed View Post
        Hello everybody, I'm new here and just wanted to say that Aviation disasters investigations is one of the most interesting things to me and I'm glad to be among you ...

Well, the last thing I've heard about the Afriqiyah Airways crash is that, they found 105 bodies while 104 were reported aboard and they also found some car debris among the aircraft drbris itself .... So I suppose that means there might be an external reason for why the plane crashed ... terrorists or whatever ....

Another suggestions is that, the plane was flying too fast during approach and nose hit the ground first so that the plane directly rolled over and crashed into pieces and the reason why the pilots might have underestimated the speed of the plane is the speed measurement system (pitot tube) ... where I remember that long time ago, an aircraft crashed because of something blocked the pitot tube and caused wrong readings of the speed of air flow ...
        In our case, Volcanic ashes from Iceland might have reached the pitot tube and caused its blockage .. Yes that geographic scientist said that ashes haven't reached Tripoli at the time of crash, but they meant visible patriculates that might cause lack of visibilty for the pilots, but never for the invisible particles that can make a huge trouble in the case of very small measurement system that we are talking about ....

Please If what I'm saying sounds stupid, just tell me ...
        I accept all comments, wheather good or bad

Yours, Shadi
        Volcanic ash can have damaged the pitot tube earlier during flights to europe.
        As for 105 bodies do you mean that someone on the ground has been killed or someone has sneaked onboard, like stowaways?
        "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

• Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
          Volcanic ash can have damaged the pitot tube earlier during flights to europe.
          As for 105 bodies do you mean that someone on the ground has been killed or someone has sneaked onboard, like stowaways?
          I totally have no idea about whether the extra body was for someone aboard or on the ground .... but in both cases it has only one meaning, this body might be the key for the whole story !!
          Aviation Disasters
          http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112925902080462
          Join On Facebook

Comment

I totally have no idea about whether the extra body was for someone aboard or on the ground .... but in both cases it has only one meaning, this body might be the key for the whole story !!
            I used to work for an airliner, and we used to transport people in our "jump seat" all the time, administration personnel, quality control guys, mechanics, instructors, etc. So, it is possible this extra "passenger" was an airline employee flying in the "jump seat".
            VNAV probably has an answer to this too...
            A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
              I used to work for an airliner, and we used to transport people in our "jump seat" all the time, administration personnel, quality control guys, mechanics, instructors, etc. So, it is possible this extra "passenger" was an airline employee flying in the "jump seat".
              VNAV probably has an answer to this too...
              Wouldn't such a person be listed on the passenger manifest?

If there was a 'wheelwell stowaway', an autopsy should reveal that, as this person would have signs of hypothermia.

Comment

Hello everybody, I'm new here and just wanted to say that Aviation disasters investigations is one of the most interesting things to me and I'm glad to be among you ...

---Off Topic---
                Shadi, have you seen any local updates on the status of the investigation of the Yemenia 626 crash last year? If so, please post any news on the Yemenia 626 thread on this forum.

Thanks.
                ----------------

Comment

Well, Shadi - one thing is for certain: one more body than people on the plane's manifest doesn't do ANYTHING to find out what went wrong with the Afriqiyah flight.

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                  ---Off Topic---
                  Shadi, have you seen any local updates on the status of the investigation of the Yemenia 626 crash last year? If so, please post any news on the Yemenia 626 thread on this forum.

Thanks.
                  ----------------
                  Evan - why do you think somebody from Yemen might know more about accident investigation of the 2009 Yemenia crash than somebody in the rest of the world?

Oh - and before I forget: I'd be VERY surprised if the volcano in Iceland turned out to have anything to do with the Afriqiyah accident
                  Last edited by Peter Kesternich; 2010-05-15, 22:32.

Comment

I just read on internet that, One of the security guards at the airport died after he rushed into the crash location and saw all the bodies of the victims. He had diabetes and was old and couldn't stand the dreadful scene and he died instantly.

This explains the extra body I was talking about ...
                    so the additional body (105th body) was for this security guard at airport..

On the other hand, latest news about investigation has revealed that no fire was originated on the plane before the crash and the fire started after the plane hit the ground ... also the CVR is going to be analyzed in one of the following countries (France, UK or United States). they haven't decided yet where they will send it but France will be the most likely option due to the fact that the airplane was manufactured in France ...

This is the latest news I've heared, if anyone has any important news please update us ///

Shadi
                    Aviation Disasters
                    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112925902080462
                    Join On Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post

Oh - and before I forget: I'd be VERY surprised if the volcano in Iceland turned out to have anything to do with the Afriqiyah accident
                      x2

Comment

• cnn just posted an update:

Low visibility caused by mist and sand created poor flying conditions for the pilot of an Afriqiyah Airways flight that crashed just before landing in Tripoli, Libyan sources with knowledge of the investigation said Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by KurtMc View Post
                          I'm in a very speculative mood today so please keep that in mind when I ask: "You guys ever seen that movie, Die Hard 2?" . . . You know, the one where terrorists re-program the ILS to change the landing altitude to be 150 feet below ground level and planes slam into the ground following the ILS approach?

1. Plane carrying basically an entire nation's governmental body crashes on approach, no survivors.

2. Plane carrying European nationals crashes on approach in country known for terrorist activities.

(3. Plane carrying European nationals, after terrorist threats, disappears without a word into the mid-Atlantic.)

Yeah, I know . . . a little out there. Peace
                          I once quoted someone else on the Polish President Accident some time ago, and thought he was just asking the same questions along the same ideas you suggest ...basically that it could be probable to use a plane to assassinate a person or persons in the most obscure and undetected matter... but it seems when it comes to presidents, such a scenario is not plausible and some investigators here will probably tell you to go read more novels as they they did with that idea.... the forums here are not as open minded as you would sometimes like it to be...but I accept your line of questioning as a possibility still. In the presidential air crash, the reason "suggested" or "speculated" was the idea the Polish president not conforming to new world order regimes. In this crash however, I have not received any "conspiracy" agendas yet. My opinion at this stage leans more towards ATC & pilot error. There are various reports of bad visibility. Some real good questions I gathered was:
                          a) Why did ATC clear the aircraft to land into the glare and with a tail wind?
                          b) If there were mist/fog/sandstorm? Why did the captain-pilot not initiate a go-around (in time)? Could this be instrument failure (by electronic or die hard2 scenarios?)
                          c) Could it be the plane was indeed low on fuel, and could not initiate a change of runway landing direction, causing the pilot(s) to choose to continue to land with the "suggested" tail wind.
                          d) Another persons had tried the approach using his Flight Simulator and he was surpeised to find the GPS co-ordinates a bit off.. "could this be a factor, or just because it is a flight sim error"?.. was his question. Since I cannot verify it, I guess I would also like to know if it is so or not since an ILS-approach was not followed.

But on the other hand, the reports from the Italian pilots/media are all suspicious again...first the plane crashed on the runway, then it didn't...first there was no fog, only sun-glare, then a sandstorm....what next? in all the least, the media seems to manipulate the stories again as time passes and if it was for the investigative work onthe forums, the real/exact location of the crash-site would not even yet be known....as with 9/11 and the polish plane crash the media is not straightforward or they are grabbing at straws as we..which makes we wait to see who/what was on this plane. With fog/sandstorm, no eyewitness could give a clear account anyway. Let us see what comes forth in time...especially the testimony of the sole survivor, when the time is ready for that.

Comment

• Please, everybody - cut the stupid talk about conspiracies and and media trying to fool us. When everythig is analyzed about the Afriquiyah crash it will have turned out to be just a plain accident - and I'd be extremely surprised if the reason for the accident is not one of the following: pilot error, ATC error, mechanical failure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
                              Please, everybody - cut the stupid talk about conspiracies and and media trying to fool us. When everythig is analyzed about the Afriquiyah crash it will have turned out to be just a plain accident - and I'd be extremely surprised if the reason for the accident is not one of the following: pilot error, ATC error, mechanical failure.
                              i agree, stop the "stupid" talk.
                              a) I said the media is grabbing at straws.
                              b) Give everybody a chance for interpretation, no matter how far-fetched it may be.
                              c) You will note the majority speculate pilot error, what is the real fuss when one person offer an alternative?
                              d) how is your talk less stupid than the rest if one idea cannot be as extreme as the other?

Now offer a perspective and stop shooting other perspectives in the foot.

Thank you kindly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vnav View Post
                                Actually, I have no answers whatsoever....which is why I'm not making a fool out of myself by randomly throwing accident causes out there just to amuse myself. However, just to play along with everyone else, here's my theory: A passenger onboard was illegally transporting poisonous snakes which escaped and bit both the Captain and F/O....from the evidence we have so far, my guess is as good as the others I've seen
                                Indeed and Concur.

And Avion....if you are going to offer wild-haired theories of how it's Delta 191 over again- how about putting in an actual recreation of Delta 191- Aside from the livery on the L-1011, there wasn't a whole lot of accuracy in that lame Youtube video.
                                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
                                X