Terrafugia flyinig car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrafugia flyinig car

This should result in a couple of extra threads here over the next few years. http://www.physorg.com/news197094248.html

A flying car requiring only a sport-plane pilot's license... And who investigates accidents? Was it an air crash or a road crash?

Can a person go directly from flying to driving? Or is it necessary to find a landing strip off the highway and then drive to the highway from there?

Comment

Flying accidents will be sturdied by the NTSB, highway acidents by the NHS, although the NTSB also investigates some significant road accidents.

The makers say it's not a flying car, but a roadable airplane. Designed to be a good airplane and able to make the home-airport leg too. You will need at least a sport pilot licence to fly it, and a driving licence to drive it.

Why wouldn't it be flown by sport pilots just like any other sport airplane, if it qualifies as such?

Finally, it can legally take-off and land only at legal take-off and landing places (that is, airports).

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

A sad excuse for a car combined with a crappy airplane for the price of a much faster Ferrari.

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
          A sad excuse for a car combined with a crappy airplane for the price of a much faster Ferrari.

Why?
          I agree. Like a motorglider is neither a good airplane or glider. This will also be subject to road dings that could readily put it into no fly condition. Seems like a rich person's toy to me. Not very functional as a plane with little useful load and probably a very bad car as well. You could get a very nice true LSA for a lot less and keep your VW for driving to and from the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
            I agree. Like a motorglider is neither a good airplane or glider. This will also be subject to road dings that could readily put it into no fly condition. Seems like a rich person's toy to me. Not very functional as a plane with little useful load and probably a very bad car as well. You could get a very nice true LSA for a lot less and keep your VW for driving to and from the airport.
            It is not supposed to be a good car, and I agree that it won't be as a good airplane as if it lacked the car function, but...

- Who said that toys for the rich is not a good business?

- Will your VW be waiting for you at Sweet Monkey River landing strip when you get there?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              - Will your VW be waiting for you at Sweet Monkey River landing strip when you get there?
              No, but I doubt the folded wings and canard wing are going to do well driving the rutted roads over to Shady's house either.

Comment

Originally posted by deadstick View Post
                no, but i doubt the folded wings and canard wing are going to do well driving the rutted roads over to shady's house either.
                Right

Comment

Working...
                X