TWA Flight 800 "Cover Up" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    What's their explanation for the "upward" arc that is clearly visible?

Indeed, I'm not an engineer, did not stay at a Holiday in, but I did take introductory physics in college.

If you take weight off the front of a plane it might pitch up.

If the plane pitches up, it might climb.

At least that's been my experience...what happened when that immensely heavy armoured vehicle broke loose and went to the back of a 747- it climbed like hell for a while and then stalled.

Seriously- what you say goes against a lot of common sense. They could be right- but if so- what's the explanation because it violates typical physics and aerodynamics- so please explain how it's impossible that the plane would climb and please explain the nice upward arc of smoke on the video?
    Yes the 747 climbed some, but it still had it's nose! The TWA lost it's nose which left a very big hole in front of the aircraft causing tremendous drag. That cartoon is fake, do you really think the TWA could climb 4000 ft in that condition?

Comment

Originally posted by phoneman View Post
      No way a plane could gain altitude with the nose blown off!
      Because... (?)

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        confidence in our own govt is at an all time low. discovering that the govt conspired to hide, or worse, caused, the cause of death of 230 people? holy shyte!
        Nothing compared to what they did to the WTC.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

The government does what they want to who they want and they are braking laws every day that we don't about until some one steps forward and blows their dirty games. It's to late, people no mater who runs this country it's just the cover up, real people that run this country are invisible and immune from media.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
            Look, this is really easy. The maintenance guys got the lavatory flush cross connected to the middle tank feed. Someone was sneaking a smoke, flushed, and BOOM! Thank me tomorrow when Hannity has this.
            Slightly off-topic here, but at a previous airline I worked for that flew 737-300's (the airline is now out of business), they would sometimes service the lavs "over the top" by dumping blue juice in through the toilet. The cans were marked "For Lav Use Only" in blue paint.

One of our airplanes took off and about mid-flight people started smelling fumes from the lab. Not the usual "fumes," but gasoline fumes...

Apparently the company that did fuel service for the ground equipment serviced the gas cans that were kept on hand. Unfortunately, in the dark, the "For Lav Service Only" was not readily visible when the guy was filling the cans, so he filled all of them. Some questions come to mind:

Why didn't we use BLUE water jugs instead of red gas cans?
            Why were the lav service cans stored near the ground service equipment gas cans?

Thank GOD nobody went into the lav to smoke...

Anyway.... Sorry for the quick thread hijack, but your comment brought this story to mind. And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...
            The "keep my tail out of trouble" disclaimer: Though I work in the airline industry, anything I post on here is my own speculation or opinion. Nothing I post is to be construed as "official" information from any air carrier or any other entity.

Comment

TWA Flight 800 blew up because of a bad fuse that ignited in the fuel tank. However, it was a surface-to-air missile that caused the bad fuse to ignite in the first place.

Same logic was used by the KGB after whacking someone...they would pump them full of lead from their pistols and list "lead poisoning" as the cause of death on the certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by phoneman View Post
                There is a rough cut of this video at Vimeo.com/59099154 the pass code is epix123
                I just watched this and I have to say this is very compelling information. None of these people strike me as any kind of wing nut, and I think there's enough data that this investigation should be reopened.

Comment

navy ship? not necessary. brookhaven labs were a stone's throw from where TWA went down. plenty of govt hokey pokey going on there. back in the day, people were talking about experimental lasers taking out #800 from brookhaven.

Comment

US goverment personell were not the only members of the investigation team. Boeing was involved, and no doubt being able to pin the cause on something other than the aircraft would avoid lawsuits, possible aircraft grounding, expensive aircraft modifications, and loss of reputation.

I recall that the lead FBI agent was talking about a bomb very shortly after the accident, and before facts were known, and this may have lead people to think of external cause such as a missile.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                      Because... (?)
                      Okay you tell me how that can happen.

Comment

Because after the Lockerbie incident and the rash of incidents with Chechen insurgents taking down many Soviet aircraft with shoulder held weapons anything was possible and on the table. Just as it should be.

The days of J. Edgar are past so just get over it. There was also the private sector bird hauling military troops that went down over was it "Goose Bay" that was thought to be sabotage but it was faulty wiring and insulation that burned.

The original suspects in the first WTC bombing were "Yugolavian" nationals, I forget what sect, be they Croats or Serbs but they were not the usual suspects who would have been (by the numbers), the FLN or Puerto Rican Nationalists.

Did the government hide anything with the big WTC, probably but it was the environmental impact, not who, what where or why.

As Kalstrom said, the aircraft is still in the hangar the same way they left it and if there is any advance in science that would change the findings, have at it. I know, they switched component by shattered component just to trick YOU up.

The only cover up I suspect in this century was the KAL bird and that slight course deviation.
                        Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

The only cover up I suspect in this century was the KAL bird and that slight course deviation.

SLIGHT!!! LOL

Comment

Ok phoneman

What's your take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
                              What's your take on it.
                              Well, if your are talking about KAL, the error in navigation was slight at the beginning but over the length of the flight it became major. I was just joking with you!

Comment

An error? Go back to the history of flights in Finland.

Comment

Working...
                                X