TWA Flight 800 "Cover Up" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guamainiac View Post
    An error? Go back to the history of flights in Finland.
    Which airline?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post
      Did any terrorist group claim responsibility for downing TWA 800?
      NO! It was believed to be sikh terrorists, but they never claimed responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by phoneman View Post
        Okay you tell me how that can happen.
        This is a little known fact but the wings of an aircraft actually generate a small amount of lift that supplements the primary lift that comes from the nose.

Also you need to explain the photos and radar track of the climbing arc. It's there. It happened. Less importantly is how does this help a cover up?
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Well it's time to take a 747 from the desert in Arizona or California and blow it up over the ocean and collect data to see what really see what happens as an experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            This is a little known fact but the wings of an aircraft actually generate a small amount of lift that supplements the primary lift that comes from the nose.

Also you need to explain the photos and radar track of the climbing arc. It's there. It happened. Less importantly is how does this help a cover up?
            Please check these out.

http://youtu.be/V0h3hXvZ7Cc

Comment

No... As you ask us for explanations (and we have provided)

YOU provide explanations.

I SAW THE PHOTOS....A DAY OR TWO AFTER THE CRASH.

The flames/smoke trail show an arc- first it goes up, then it goes down.

Your one link said that ~250 people saw the arc.

Your turn:

Explain why it didn't actually arc even though it sure as hell looked like it arc.

Explain why THIS is significant to the investigation.

I don't want to hear that the CIA cartoon isn't realistic. DUH, it's an expeletive CARTOON to DUMB IT DOWN JUST A LITTLE for simplistic folks like you who can't handle more complex concepts like center of gravity, lift, angle of attack, stall, and how streamlining is blunt in the front and pointed in the back, so that the lack of a nose, while a little bit more draggy is not going to slow the plane that much.

YOU explain. I'm waiting.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

lol... Wait, you mean the majority of the lift comes from the nose of the plane and not the wings?

Page 95 of the NTSB report has the analysis of why such a plane would climb after losing some 80,000 lbs of weight (i.e. the nose) from the front of the plane.

Comment

justLOT787, thanks but you can do that on your dime after you've shown that the Polish crew didn't screw the pooch but it was the work of fog generators, bombs and perhaps a "fourth coulmn" inside the TU. Most of us really believe that things mechanical do bring down aircraft in some cases.

As Kalstrom said, the ac is there so have a go at it.

And yes, capitalism is a bitch. You just don't want to pull apart and rewire each and every Boeing because there are some sporadic failures. Like it or not all of the government agencies operate on something that may be defined as "within the limits of acceptable risk".

What kind of car do you drive?
                  Live, from a grassy knoll somewhere near you.

Comment

No... As you ask us for explanations (and we have provided)

YOU provide explanations.

I SAW THE PHOTOS....A DAY OR TWO AFTER THE CRASH.

The flames/smoke trail show an arc- first it goes up, then it goes down.

Your one link said that ~250 people saw the arc.

Your turn:

Explain why it didn't actually arc even though it sure as hell looked like it arc.

Explain why THIS is significant to the investigation.

I don't want to hear that the CIA cartoon isn't realistic. DUH, it's an expeletive CARTOON to DUMB IT DOWN JUST A LITTLE for simplistic folks like you who can't handle more complex concepts like center of gravity, lift, angle of attack, stall, and how streamlining is blunt in the front and pointed in the back, so that the lack of a nose, while a little bit more draggy is not going to slow the plane that much.

YOU explain. I'm waiting.
                    Did you see the video from the 747 captain?

The CIA is claiming that the plane arc'd upwards to explain that what people saw was the plane and not a missile streaking upwards. That's why it's significant to the investigation! Me simplistic? Anytime you believe that the nose provides more lift than the wings, you are simple. Oh by the way, the 747 lost it's left wing after the explosion! Other pilots in the air at the time who saw the explosion, didn't see the plane arc up, but go straight down. What are you, a govt. agent trying to spread false information?

Comment

Okay you tell me how that can happen.
                      The usual way, except no nose.

You are the one claiming that it was impossible, so the burden of proof is on your shoulders.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I have already provided it! Check the video link! At this point I'm over it!!

Comment

........... Oh by the way, the 747 lost it's left wing after the explosion! ...............
                          I had not read this before but losing a wing can happen should the wing's angle of attack approaches 90 degree. Plus of course the Center Wing Fuel Tank is integral with the Wing Carry Though Structure, so an explosion of the fuel could cause loss of structural ingrity of the wing attach points.

Comment

Originally posted by Highkeas View Post
                            I had not read this before but losing a wing can happen should the wing's angle of attack approaches 90 degree. Plus of course the Center Wing Fuel Tank is integral with the Wing Carry Though Structure, so an explosion of the fuel could cause loss of structural ingrity of the wing attach points.
                            The reason you haven't heard is because the ntsb didn't allow any.witnesses to testify at the hearing, which includes professional airline pilots who witnessed the explosion at altitude.

Comment

To all those claiming a missle, please explain where it came from and also cite the medical evidence confirming this.

Comment

I have already provided it! Check the video link! At this point I'm over it!!
                                I did. I also have a video to offer:

The TWA plane not only had a strong shift of the CG as in the video above. It also lost a significant part of its wight and it was going more than twice as fast.

Again, I am not saying that it DID climb. I am questioning the statement that it was impossible for it to do it.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
                                X