Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
    Here is the DHL cargo jet mid air collision with a russian jetliner full of kids !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5I9yVEZWmw

Did not hear anything about a "dead" transponder. There are 2 on board all transport category a/c by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by fors43 View Post
      What are the odds MAS370 is intact and on a remote Indonesian air strip? I'd say high
      This has also been my thinking for some time now, except that I was initially thinking somewhere such as Borneo (before the latest information surfaced).

Maybe an abandoned small island off the coast? Somewhere destroyed in the 2004 Tsunami?

Something in the cargo that they wanted?
      Last edited by James Bond; 2014-03-11, 21:46. Reason: Spelling
      AirDisaster.com Forum Member 2004-2008

Originally posted by orangehuggy
      the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

• Originally posted by James Bond View Post
        This has also been my thinking for some time now, except that I was initially thinking somewhere such as Borneo (before the latest information surfaced).

Maybe an abandoned small island off the coast? Somewhere destroyed in the 2004 Tsunami?

You need to stop watching so much television!

Comment

• Wouldn't an aircraft of this size, with that amount of fuel on board require a very long runway? Would there be that many places they could land other than large primary airports?

Comment

• Depends whether they dumped excess fuel in the sea to form slicks to distract rescuers!

But if it was flying at low altitude wouldn't that burn up a lot more fuel than at cruising altitude?

Comment

Therefore my earlier question(s):
              - would this be a (realistic) possibility?
              - how far could they go?
              - where would be suitable aerodromes/landing strips?

I wasn't aware of N844AA so far ... but actually underlines the - at least theoretical - possibility.

Somehow again - like a couple of days ago - I feel reminded of the sinking of the MS Estonia in the Baltic Sea: conspiracy hereover never ended! Did some cargo 'had to' disappear?

Originally posted by James Bond View Post

And: in the case of MH370 ... maybe not only cargo but pax?

Comment

• Originally posted by eTang View Post
                - how far could they go?

Based on approx. fuel on board

the most dangerous part of a flight is not the take off or landing anymore, its when a flight crew member goes to the toilet

Comment

That would be at cruising altitude of 30-35K ft, right?

What would be the range flying down at 3000 ft?

Comment

• Seems unrealistic that not a single cell phone wouldn't have transmitted at least a message by now. Washington Post story says US Officials now seriously looking at intentional pilot crash, similar to SilkAir 185 in Indonesia.

Comment

• Originally posted by fors43 View Post
                      What are the odds MAS370 is intact and on a remote Indonesian air strip? I'd say high
                      Do quote some and I'll probably bet against you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueMax View Post
                        Seems unrealistic that not a single cell phone wouldn't have transmitted at least a message by now. Washington Post story says US Officials now seriously looking at intentional pilot crash, similar to SilkAir 185 in Indonesia.

A possibility?

Comment

• According to CNN, Malaysian airforce tracked it for 1 hour 10 minutes after radio and transponder broadcasts stopped, until it was lost above a tiny island in the Malacca Straits..

Missing Malaysia Airlines flight way off course, not sending ID code when it vanished, Malaysian Air Force official tells CNN

Starting to sound like Oceanic Flight 815 now..

Comment

• Guys, please stop with this nonsense about cell phones ringing.

There are lots of things that puzzles me about this accident. But there is one that doesn't:
                            There is no cell phone ringing and no dark had cutting the calls before someone answers the phone.

I have not heard of one single witness who heard a cell phone from a passenger ringing.

What they heard was THEIR cell phone with the CALLING TONE, which is not the same that the other cell phone RINGING.

Happens to me on a daily basis. Call someone. One or two "rings" from my side. Then "Call terminated". When I eventually reach the other person, they never got my call. Happens in the other way too with me not receiving calls from someone else despite their cell phones making a couple of calling tones.

End of the story.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

• If the CNN info is true, then the a/c flew right over Langkawi International Airport, with a pretty good 3.2 kilometers long runaway.

Comment

• It appears flight crew had a habit of letting passengers visit cockpit during flight. It's possible they may have let someone sit
                                in one of the pilots seat who may have done something unintended to cause an upset which they could not recover, like the Russian captain did by allowing his children to sit in the pilots seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X