No announcement yet.

Malaysia Airlines Loses Contact With 777 en Route to Beijing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC reporting that French satellites have seen debris the same size and shape as the Chinese one, but 930km north of the Chinese/Australian debris. Can't see it being the same piece unless there are some very strange currents around there.

New satellite data from French authorities show potential debris in the "southern corridor" being searched for flight MH370, Malaysia says.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post
      We keep getting blurry ufo-hoax style pictures and yet the P3 has sophisticated magnetic anomaly detection capability. We have heard NOTHING about detection of floating or subsurface metallic objects via these on board sensors, just dumb pictures of floating detrius. I'm pretty sure a P3 can drop to very low atitude and 'paint' these objects. Why are we hearing nothing about that. Or is the most sophisticated thing on a P3 really someone's iPhone camera?
      Those "floating detrius" could be organic materials, such as human bodies....or whatever is left from them.
      A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

• Originally posted by AVION1 View Post
        Australian P-3 Orion, just found something:
        It really seems algae

Comment

Those "floating detrius" could be organic materials, such as human bodies....or whatever is left from them.

There really is something very wrong with you! I recommend you seek professional help.

Comment

• Originally posted by pacoperez View Post
            It really seems algae
            I agree with you 100%. It looks like a large patch of Sargassum weed to me.

Comment

• i like this forum...i fly a lot for my job and i hate flying....i'm fearful every single time....and i found this forum while surrounding myself with knowledge to try and get over my fear of flying....which i've mostly got the better of....but i have to say a few things following me reading this thread every day for the last few weeks.
              1. people dont read this forum...they just post links and try to be the first with news that we've all already seen on sky!!
              2.people dont read this forum....i've asked questions on 2 or 3 occasions.....to just be ignored
              3. 'experts'...you're a bunch of sarcastic...pedantic....and condescending cocks!!! why dont you try being nice boeing bobby??? you're an arse!!! just because somebody doesn't know doesnt mean you are better....tell me the db budget for a gpon port on a PON?? cant?? doesnt mean i'd be an arsehole to you because i know what it is....and if i ever fly on your plane i'll tell you your a cock to your face!!...and that goes for all you other 'experts'
              4.....and my last point....if you want to discuss the 'incident' stay on topic ....somebody suggested this place is even better than other forums.......blimey they must be bad.

start being nice people...a bad thing has happened....lets not make it worse by being twats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by andyb99 View Post
                i like this forum...i fly a lot for my job and i hate flying....i'm fearful every single time....and i found this forum while surrounding myself with knowledge to try and get over my fear of flying....which i've mostly got the better of....but i have to say a few things following me reading this thread every day for the last few weeks.
                1. people dont read this forum...they just post links and try to be the first with news that we've all already seen on sky!!
                2.people dont read this forum....i've asked questions on 2 or 3 occasions.....to just be ignored
                3. 'experts'...you're a bunch of sarcastic...pedantic....and condescending cocks!!! why dont you try being nice boeing bobby??? you're an arse!!! just because somebody doesn't know doesnt mean you are better....tell me the db budget for a gpon port on a PON?? cant?? doesnt mean i'd be an arsehole to you because i know what it is....and if i ever fly on your plane i'll tell you your a cock to your face!!...and that goes for all you other 'experts'
                4.....and my last point....if you want to discuss the 'incident' stay on topic ....somebody suggested this place is even better than other forums.......blimey they must be bad.

start being nice people...a bad thing has happened....lets not make it worse by being twats!!

Oh I am crushed, especially coming from a Nigel.

Comment

• Attention boys and girls, there is a website showing satellite pictures of the Indian Ocean, and they need your HELP, trying to find any possible objects. I already found two new possible objects. Here is the website.

Good luck in your search.
                  A Former Airdisaster.Com Forum (senior member)....

Comment

Attention boys and girls, there is a website showing satellite pictures of the Indian Ocean, and they need your HELP, trying to find any possible objects. I already found two new possible objects. Here is the website.

Good luck in your search.

I think you found it, here is the close up.

Comment

A passive optical network (PON) is a telecommunications network that uses point-to-multipoint fiber to the premises in which unpowered optical splitters are used to enable a single optical fiber to serve multiple premises. A PON consists of an optical line terminal (OLT) at the service provider's central office and a number of optical network units (ONUs) near end users. A PON reduces the amount of fiber and central office equipment required compared with point-to-point architectures. A passive optical network is a form of fiber-optic access network.

In most cases, downstream signals are broadcast to all premises sharing multiple fibers. Encryption can prevent eavesdropping.

Upstream signals are combined using a multiple access protocol, usually time division multiple access (TDMA).

If you like I could spend an additional 30 minutes and get the db budget for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dispatch Dog View Post
                        Um... And why does that mean items which float do not get carried along with the ambient current???

Ok 1500 is an unrealistic theoretical max due to average currents as the currents in that area are no constant nor linear.

However, the pictures are of floating objects and they will certainly be far from the place they landed. Other objects like engines will be fairly close to the impact point and then there are a whole variety of objects that will sink at varying rates and will therefore be spread by the current.

The assumption is that the aircraft broke up on contact with the water which is likely even if a careful ditching was attempted as sea conditions are rarely flat and at night almost impossible to gauge.

Surprised we have yet seen close up shots of the items in the satellite photos.
                        No. To the original question. How widely did the AF447 wreckage spread in the Atlantic?

Comment

• Interesting angle in this article. http://www.mprnews.org/story/2014/03...d-jet-mystery- If self-reporting means end of your employment, are you really going to report yourself? Testing at entry may make sense, but relying on an honor system is pretty naive, to my way of thinking.

Comment

• i like this forum...i fly a lot for my job and i hate flying....i'm fearful every single time....and i found this forum while surrounding myself with knowledge to try and get over my fear of flying....which i've mostly got the better of....but i have to say a few things following me reading this thread every day for the last few weeks.

I don't normally, but OK andyb, lets do this.

1 - Yes, some people do that. Including you, I might add. Is it pointless, possibly. But its mostly harmless. I refer you to Post #208, #121, #101 - Pure uninformed speculation,

2 - You haven't been ignored. I've answered some of your questions, as have others. However, some questions you ask simply don't have answers.

can somebody tell me what that unthinkable truth is please?? i thought that plane went down in a bad storm.
                            The unthinkable truth was that the accidents were as a result of pilot error.

on topic of this mystery......how low would the aircraft need to fly at to be undetected by radar??
                            Too hard to answer as it depends on where the aircraft was.

i cant imagine its been stolen cause i dont see where it could land undetected...but my thoughts are that maybe this was the plan....and it just flew too low/or a struggle ensued thereafter like on 9/11.
                            i'm no aviation expert like you lot so english is best please?
                            Total uninformed speculation again

Question in #429, despite your dig at the people here, was answered.

#571 - Speculation once again.

this was DEFFO one of the pilots....and i dont think it was suicide.....i think he's been paid a lot of money to make this happen......and that plane landed somewhere in the middle east........i dont know if the passengers are dead or alive...but there would now be nothing they could do (they might not have even known) once the pilot takes it elsewhere....and only the pilot could do this.
                            its no coincidence....its no crash!
                            This is just offensive, and another one of your "statements of fact" based on your opinion.

#719 - Again, speculation based on your opinion. No question.

Question in 994 - Answered.

As for point 3 - Professionals and Experts aren't so callous as to blab off at the mouth with speculation that is not only ignorant but highly offensive to those in the industry. If you were simply asking questions, learning, and participating in reasoned discussion, you wouldn't come across bluntness. But I, BB, and others simply have no time for more and more ridiculous claims and assertions by those who simply hear something on the tele, and think 'that can't be right', and then demand answers on a public forum. By all means, ask, but there's no reason to fill that with insults and wild, ridiculous assertions.

And as for
                            start being nice people...
                            , thats pretty damn rich after launching a tirade of the most offensive language I've ever seen used on this forum at another member.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                              A passive optical network (PON) is a telecommunications network that uses point-to-multipoint fiber to the premises in which unpowered optical splitters are used to enable a single optical fiber to serve multiple premises. A PON consists of an optical line terminal (OLT) at the service provider's central office and a number of optical network units (ONUs) near end users. A PON reduces the amount of fiber and central office equipment required compared with point-to-point architectures. A passive optical network is a form of fiber-optic access network.

In most cases, downstream signals are broadcast to all premises sharing multiple fibers. Encryption can prevent eavesdropping.

Upstream signals are combined using a multiple access protocol, usually time division multiple access (TDMA).

If you like I could spend an additional 30 minutes and get the db budget for you!
                              But admit it Bobby, until you googled that, specifically when you copied and pasted direct from Wikipedia you didn't have a clue did you ? !!
                              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Here's the thing Andy—no doubt about it, Boeing Bobby can be a ballbusting prick. He is also a genuine line pilot flying the latest technology and we are grateful to have him and his expertise here. This isn't a social wankoff forum. It's a special interest forum. We come here to learn as much as discuss.

But you, the generation spawned by the internet, seem to have a unique quality whereby you believe your vastly uninformed and novice imagination of any arcane and technical subject to be as valid as the well informed knowledge that only comes from a devoted study and/or practice of a subject over time. In other words, you seem to lack respect for real authority and expertise. Therefore you fail to realize how annoying your entirely uninformed questions are to a forum shared by those who seriously study the subject matter.

But there is hope Andy: this is how a technical forum works:

First: you learn by following the forum for a year or two. You do some other research on your own. You gather more factual information about aircraft, piloting and the industry. You can find FCOM's, QRH's, AD's and plenty of legitimate aviation media online. You learn Andy. You just don't post anything.

Second: You take all you've learned by listening and studying and use this to contribute an informed an intelligent question or comment to this thread.

Third: If #1 and #2 have been done well, you are taken seriously and your questions and contributions are welcomed and maybe even respected. That is something you have to earn in any field.

This forum IS better than most BECAUSE it is not a mainstream forum, it is populated by knowledgeable members (including some commercial airmen) and not simply ignorance-based populist theories (yes, we always have a few exceptions). People aren't just being impolite here. Modern aviation is a very technical field. You are pestering them by invading a forum of knowledgeable people without having any technical understanding. A bit of humility will tell you this. Without that, no one can teach you anything.

If you are being ignored, take that as a sign. When your contributions become valuable, you will know.

Comment

Working...
                                X