This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE On the Comments on KSAviation's Spotting Place Photo

Hello. I want to raise a concern regarding the comments on KSAviation's spotting location photo [link to the photo in question: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/10948158] because the comments there range from criticism to the photographer to using profane words in comments to screener accusations (the latter two should not be allowed in the comments). I hope the site admin/screeners should take a look at this before it gets worse. Thank you.

Yeah we are keeping an eye on those and will do a clean-up later on.

And to reply to some of the negative comments:
    The photo fits all the needs of a spotting location image.
    All the negativity is really sad there (and sometimes borderline racist...)

But hey, it got 107 likes (and counting) so there's also a lot of people enjoying the image.

Cheers and relax

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alex - Spot-This ! View Post
      The photo fits all the needs of a spotting location image.Alex
      Does it? Let's analyze together?

3.4.2 Spotting location
      For spotting locations, the following minimum requirements apply:
      ◦ photo must show a public location regularly used for spotting - OK
      ◦ photo needs to cover a wider view of the area - It just shows a wide view of the fence.
      ◦ the airport area should be in view - There's no airport area in view. You can't even tell if it's the airport or not behind the fence.
      ◦ at least one aircraft should be in view - OK, but it's important to consider that it is soft/blurry and obstructed by vegetation and the fence.
      ◦ little description of the spotting location in the remarks field is mandatory, mainly the name under which the location is known, what can be seen from here (e.g. which runway, morning/afternoon light, ...) - A bit short on information but OK.
      Alex, people are venting out their opinions. They are strong opinions, that shows how much disappointed the users are with the site. We all want the site to get better, more consistent. The double standards are a widespread known issue, hidden by the fact that no criticism is accepted towards the screeners' decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympus593 View Post

Does it? Let's analyze together?

Alex, people are venting out their opinions. They are strong opinions, that shows how much disappointed the users are with the site. We all want the site to get better, more consistent. The double standards are a widespread known issue, hidden by the fact that no criticism is accepted towards the screeners' decisions.
        The problem is, it hurts literally nobody that this photo is in the database. And the place to air out concerns is in DMs to the site admins and screeners, not in the comments on the photo itself.

Comment

Originally posted by jakerepp View Post

The problem is, it hurts literally nobody that this photo is in the database. And the place to air out concerns is in DMs to the site admins and screeners, not in the comments on the photo itself.
          For one this photographer has been notorious for being very highly competitive plus driving very haphazardly on the road just to spot an aircraft hitting all the humps on the road until the car actually underwent some damage(Yes the same car you see on the photo). Last time we had regular families with kids watching planes in the area, this is the only crazy fella with the audacity to inform them to vacate the spot so he could setup his ladder to spot. We don't do that, if anyone is there already that's their spot.

The last time we confronted him verbally a few times to take a long deep breathe and take it easy as a hobby not to be too aggressive. He say that's his attitude he does not care. His antiques have already irked local aviation security as well that has affected other planespotters from conducting in the area. The last time i entered airside i had to be questioned by security why do planespotters act that way when it is not.

KSaviation if you're reading this take it easy slowdown and be respectful to others especially non aviation enthusiast folks in the vicinity of that spot. Its sad that it has come down to a unideal topphoto(Mind to screeners i still find the photo unacceptable Olympus593 pointed out above) and the forum to get this out.
          Last edited by chinjh; 2023-05-11, 03:10. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

Honestly, i don’t know the person nor his background and it doesnt matter to me. What I know is that for a long time now we have a queue up to 18 days where the reason given is the high amount of unnecessary „hot“ pictures, appeals and pictures not meeting the upload guide criteria.

Therefore I totally understand the discussion going on, because solely based on facts and the own jetphotos criteria this picture is not acceptable by jetphotos own means.

Just my two cents

Comment

CCitizenspotter
              I agree with Olympus593 comment on the forum, which by the way was blocked for replies.
              The photo does not conform to the spotterguide, but Alex did not take this into account and even to try to stay at the advantage he uses the term “discrimination”.
              Let's please admit mistakes and also admit that you choose the photo you want to be accepted. spotterguide is only there for beginner users and for whom you think spotterguide should be used. There are no racist or discriminatory comments on the photo, and yes, there is a photo that does not comply with jetphotos standards. That's if jetphotos still has a pattern. you no longer respond to the appeals, and when you do, you are rude, just like Alex is being in Olympo's response, he responds thinking he is a god, it seems that we are committing a crime when we appeal to a photo that most of the time you are wrong. users have to wait forever for a photo to be simply rejected for bullshit where you could give a simple answer as well. It would be interesting for administrators to review their rules and the screeners they evaluate. if we send the photos it's because the hobby is cool for us, even therapy, but for you at jetphotos it has become something above any level.

Detail that so far they have not commented, which further reinforces the lack of education of the administrators.
              But as I said earlier, it's easier to punish those who criticize than to correct the mistakes of those who make mistakes (I'm talking about the screener and the administration).

Comment

Originally posted by ccitizenspotter View Post
                CCitizenspotter
                I agree with Olympus593 comment on the forum, which by the way was blocked for replies.
                The photo does not conform to the spotterguide, but Alex did not take this into account and even to try to stay at the advantage he uses the term “discrimination”.
                Let's please admit mistakes and also admit that you choose the photo you want to be accepted. spotterguide is only there for beginner users and for whom you think spotterguide should be used. There are no racist or discriminatory comments on the photo, and yes, there is a photo that does not comply with jetphotos standards. That's if jetphotos still has a pattern. you no longer respond to the appeals, and when you do, you are rude, just like Alex is being in Olympo's response, he responds thinking he is a god, it seems that we are committing a crime when we appeal to a photo that most of the time you are wrong. users have to wait forever for a photo to be simply rejected for bullshit where you could give a simple answer as well. It would be interesting for administrators to review their rules and the screeners they evaluate. if we send the photos it's because the hobby is cool for us, even therapy, but for you at jetphotos it has become something above any level.

Detail that so far they have not commented, which further reinforces the lack of education of the administrators.
                But as I said earlier, it's easier to punish those who criticize than to correct the mistakes of those who make mistakes (I'm talking about the screener and the administration).
                I agree with you. Plane-Spotting is a cool Hobby and i don't agree with some "bullshit" rejects because you load a photo in more databases. At the End the only database, who reject the Pic is Jetphotos.

Comment

It would be so much easier, if people would consider the difference between: "must", "needs", "should" and "mandatory".

And in the end jetphotos just provides free service, that you can use or not.If you do not like ther service provided, nobody is forcing you to up-load.

Comment

Ah ok, Seahawk, let me get this straight. The service is free, but the site creates rules, the rules are broken by the site itself (broken by a screener), users who collaborate, waste their time and even jetphotos profits from our lost time - because you profit from the photos, the photos are posted on FR24, which charges subscriptions - does that mean that I as a user use it if I want to or not? Do I accept what you want or not just because it's free? The internet has limits and apparently you are ignoring the rules of the internet. Improve your argument my friend because this site is getting ugly. THIS COMMENT OF YOURS JUST SHOWS THAT YOU GUYS FROM JETPHOTOS DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE USER. "IF YOU WANT TO UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT OUR WILL, KEEP IT" At one time this could be costly for the site.

Comment

No rules were broken.

The must have requirements:
                      photo must show a public location regularly used for spotting: Street view image attached says yes
                      photo needs to cover a wider view of the area: about 2,5 car length - street view shows nothing more than a small parking lot at a fence
                      little description of the spotting location in the remarks field - has been added, Google map coordinates are correct

The "should" requirements - meaning at least one must be met
                      the airport area should be in view
                      - street view confirms the fence belongs to the airport and "should" means this is optional
                      at least one aircraft should be in view - there is plane in view
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by seahawk; 2023-05-13, 14:45.

Comment

one photo is different from the other. there is an aircraft obstructed by vegetation, railings and a lot of garbage. you want to defend the indefensible. stop it's getting ugly.

Comment

Please show me the "no garbage" rule

Comment

Jesus……

Comment

yes fleckemann that's how they treat platform users, making fun of all of us. It just shows how much they don't care. they are so weak that they deleted comments on the photo on jephotos.

Comment

Working...
                              X