Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macbook Recommendations

Hi all,

lookiny for any MacBook Pro advice, currrntly have a 2012 MBP, with a new battery, screen, trackpad, SSD, and 16gb of ram, upgraded from the factory 4GB it came with.

looking at getting a new one, a 16 inch, to process photo editing via adobe lightroom.

is anyone using any of the new MBPs (2021-2023) and which processor are they coming with, as I believe it’s not necessary for the M3 Pro if I’m just running lightroom.

basically want as smooth run of the programme during editing

any recommendations welcome

Hi, James. I have MBA M1 2020, RAM 8GB. This is already in abundance for LR and FCXP. I didn't find any discomfort at work. Therefore, I recommend spending money on a large SSD capacity and screen diagonal. You won't notice a better processor and more RAM in LR.

Comment

Hey James. I'm on a 2021 model 14in MBP with M1MAX and the performance is more than sufficient for LR and Final Cut. I would agree with UNWW to spend money on storage, since Macs tend to create a ton of "system data" and they are extremely tedious to clean. However, I picked a smaller screen diagonal so It's more portable, so I can process photos on site of most photo shoots.
      Your feedback will always be a valuable lesson for me.

J.R.Han (Ryan)

Comment

2020 MBA M1 8GB RAM / 8C GPU / 512GB SSD.

Sufficient enough for Lightroom. Look into the 15" M3 Air, significantly cheaper than the 16 Pro. I'd suggest splurging on 1TB of internal storage for travel and another 1-2TB SSD drive for home use.
        [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by JamesDC152 View Post
          Hi all,

lookiny for any MacBook Pro advice, currrntly have a 2012 MBP, with a new battery, screen, trackpad, SSD, and 16gb of ram, upgraded from the factory 4GB it came with.

looking at getting a new one, a 16 inch, to process photo editing via adobe lightroom.

is anyone using any of the new MBPs (2021-2023) and which processor are they coming with, as I believe it’s not necessary for the M3 Pro if I’m just running lightroom.

basically want as smooth run of the programme during editing

any recommendations welcome
          i recently replaced my 2015 macbook air 13" (i5, 8gb, 256gb SSD) with a new M3 Pro Macbook Pro 14" (18GB, 512GB SSD) Space Black and im astonished with the performance of the M3 Pro macbook, but i think i bought more than i needed, i recommend you the new m3 air with 16GB of Ram, you can save some money on the storage by buying an external SSD, but if you want to spend some more money the M3 Pro is a very good macbook.

Comment

Working...
          X