X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good post Taliesin.

Originally posted by Taliesin View Post
    The high reputation is a result of research done by professors and students working for a PhD, not because of an awesome "Basics of material science" class taught to engineering students in their first or second year.
    The university I did my basic studies at has the biggest material science institute of any german university, I did a 2 semester material science class and a 40 hour material science lab. It covered the basics of what material science is about and if you think otherwise you are very sadly mistaken.
    Being a civil engineer myself, with similar educational experience in the UK, I agree completely.

He had no theory to connect the dots and played on anti-french prejudices and the everpresent "Fear of the Airbus". His motives were ill and his theory pathetic. He played on bigotry and got his ass banned and I hope it stays that way.
    Agree 100%!

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
      This is my position: I like reading his posts and most of the time he contributes here and on other forums. Block him if he annoys you & carry on
      It's not about being annoying - this is an on-line forum after all and each member has his/her own character and personality, and I guess that to a certain extent we are all more or less happy and content with that. It's about being arrogant, condescending, degrading and insulting to whomever disagrees with his theories. And that, my friend, makes a huge world of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
        It's not about being annoying - this is an on-line forum after all and each member has his/her own character and personality, and I guess that to a certain extent we are all more or less happy and content with that. It's about being arrogant, condescending, degrading and insulting to whomever disagrees with his theories. And that, my friend, makes a huge world of difference.
        Makes a world of difference to whom? Do you really thing this is the place to find and/or post scientifically accurate information? I think not, this is a banter joint, nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
          Makes a world of difference to whom? Do you really thing this is the place to find and/or post scientifically accurate information? I think not, this is a banter joint, nothing more, nothing less.
          I fundamentally agree with you- BUT, just for the sake of banter:

Nothing more? Oh, it could be a whole lot of fun, and moderately informative...but as to why it isn't- I think you understand perfectly.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
            Makes a world of difference to whom?
            To those members who expect to be respected for their views and opinions.

Do you really thing this is the place to find and/or post scientifically accurate information?
            No, we all know where we are when visiting an on-line forum and take what we read with a healthy dose of skepticism.

I think not, this is a banter joint, nothing more, nothing less.
            I do think you're being a bit unfair to the large number of members who are taking the time to share their experience and knowledge with other members on this forum. But then again, that's just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
              No, we all know where we are when visiting an on-line forum and take what we read with a healthy dose of skepticism.
              That skepticism includes of course ripping everyone to shreds who says he's a pilot in real life, because it's absolutely inconceivable any real pilots would sign up on here except ITS.

Comment

That skepticism includes of course ripping everyone to shreds who says he's a pilot in real life, because it's absolutely inconceivable any real pilots would sign up on here except ITS.
                Oh, the drama! Nobody got ripped to shreds, some posers got exposed, some people got banned. Big deal, it's part of life.

Comment

I was refering to the way BoeingBobby got treated as well. There certainly is a trend. If I were a pilot I certainly wouldnt mention it on here

Comment

If I were a pilot I certainly wouldnt mention it on here

Fortunately for us, BoeingBobby mentions it every chance he gets. Without even looking back at any of his posts, I can tell you that he has flown for 40 years and is a 747 Captain because it is indelibly burned into my brain from his constant repetition.

I will say this again, if you don't like what someone is posting, then you have the choice of challenging their assertions, coming back with something witty and funny, or simply ignoring them. But when you pansies call for anyone's banning, you are preventing everyone from reading the post. Please don't do my thinking for me....allow me to decide what I want to read and who I want to put stock in.

By the way, did you know that Boeing Bobby is a 747 Captain and has been flying for 40 years?
                    Parlour Talker Extraordinaire

Comment

• Originally posted by Taliesin View Post
                      I was refering to the way BoeingBobby got treated as well. There certainly is a trend. If I were a pilot I certainly wouldnt mention it on here
                      I wish you would have warned me before I got started! LOL

BB

Comment

• Originally posted by Vnav View Post
                        Fortunately for us, BoeingBobby mentions it every chance he gets. Without even looking back at any of his posts, I can tell you that he has flown for 40 years and is a 747 Captain because it is indelibly burned into my brain from his constant repetition.

I will say this again, if you don't like what someone is posting, then you have the choice of challenging their assertions, coming back with something witty and funny, or simply ignoring them. But when you pansies call for anyone's banning, you are preventing everyone from reading the post. Please don't do my thinking for me....allow me to decide what I want to read and who I want to put stock in.

By the way, did you know that Boeing Bobby is a 747 Captain and has been flying for 40 years?
                        I am assuming that is a current picture of you as your avatar?
                        You now have an excuse for your attitude.

BB

Comment

• And by the way PDiddy, What ever happened to your statement about all passenger jets having RAT's installed on them? You never came back and either admitted your error or backed it up with some facts.

See I know how to be a D.H. too!

BB

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                            And by the way PDiddy, What ever happened to your statement about all passenger jets having RAT's installed on them? You never came back and either admitted your error or backed it up with some facts.

See I know how to be a D.H. too!

BB
                            Fantastic you win, the 747 isn't equipped. Here's a list of some airliners that are:

CRJ-All series
                            ERJ-170/175/190/195
                            Boeing:
                            Airbus:
                            -A318/A319/A320/A321
                            -A330
                            -A340
                            -A380
                            McDonnel Douglas:
                            -DC-10/MD-11
                            Lockheed:
                            -L1011

Based on that list it was a safe assumption (although an incorrect one) on my part that they were fitted to every commercial airliner. But, since you are clearly of the superior intellect, I should just quit aviation now before my inferior knowledge gets someone hurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Diddy! View Post
                              Fantastic you win, the 747 isn't equipped. Here's a list of some airliners that are:

CRJ-All series
                              ERJ-170/175/190/195
                              Boeing:
                              Airbus:
                              -A318/A319/A320/A321
                              -A330
                              -A340
                              -A380
                              McDonnel Douglas:
                              -DC-10/MD-11
                              Lockheed:
                              -L1011

Based on that list it was a safe assumption (although an incorrect one) on my part that they were fitted to every commercial airliner. But, since you are clearly of the superior intellect, I should just quit aviation now before my inferior knowledge gets someone hurt.

I think you also forgot about all of the Boeing 707 variants 727 & 737 and all of the DC-8’s DC-9's and MD-80 series as well.

But we will consider this an acceptance of your letter of resignation. Please return your Company I.D., your manuals, and pick-up your last pay check. Then don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

BB

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                                I think you also forgot about all of the Boeing 707 variants 727 & 737 and all of the DC-8’s DC-9's and MD-80 series as well.

But we will consider this an acceptance of your letter of resignation. Please return your Company I.D., your manuals, and pick-up your last pay check. Then don’t let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

BB
                                According to everything I've read, 727 and 737 don't have RATs.

I believe I'll be keeping my company I.D. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X