LUFTHANSA LIVERY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LUFTHANSA LIVERY

Am i the only one that thinks the old 2000s lufthansa blue and yellow livery was better than the new blue and white livery?
    Attached Files
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

Yeah I like the yellow and blue it looks nicer

Comment

Originally posted by Sergant potato View Post
      Yeah I like the yellow and blue it looks nicer
      My dear new friend!
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post
        Am i the only one that thinks the old 2000s lufthansa blue and yellow livery was better than the new blue and white livery?
        No. By this Sunday morning, we obviously are already 3 .

And I assume that we can also count the current Lufthansa CEO as friend number 4. Without him, this jetphoto wouldn't have happened:
        D-ABVW. Boeing 747-430. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

PS: If I can still trust my now again 1 year older eyes, the good grandfathers eyes (no glasses until the age of 51... hu ha.... ... ), which I obviously have inherited, let's see what I can make with them...
        Isn't in this beautiful jetphoto more than only one 747?! Above the LH-B744, I can see a UPS jet, and next to that... an Atlas Air B744?
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2024-03-17, 10:16. Reason: No glasses since 1978.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

No. By this Sunday morning, we obviously are already 3 .

And I assume that we can also count the current Lufthansa CEO as friend number 4. Without him, this jetphoto wouldn't have happened:
          D-ABVW. Boeing 747-430. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

PS: If I can still trust my now again 1 year older eyes, the good grandfathers eyes (no glasses until the age of 51... hu ha.... ... ), which I obviously have inherited, let's see what I can make with them...
          Isn't in this beautiful jetphoto more than only one 747?! Above the LH-B744, I can see a UPS jet, and next to that... an Atlas Air B744?
          But why did they remove the gold/blue livery? It was a such loved livery, and it made Lufthansa easily recognizable. It was, almost iconic. Lufthansa was a very important part of my life. I immediately recognize the gold/blue livery every time i am at a airport. It is easier during day/night or during fog to spot a golden circle on a blue backround. When i was in amsterdam last year. It took me a while to spot a lufthansa plane. Even though it was in the same terminal as me.
          Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
          If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
          ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by TRTPUwU View Post

But why did they remove the gold/blue livery? It was a such loved livery, and it made Lufthansa easily recognizable. It was, almost iconic.
            Harr. Good to have you here "LIVE on TV".

I only quote you as far as that, and I already love it. I just wonder if you like the long story. It's sunday. Why make a good story shorter than it is good.

To begin with your assumption

the old 2000s lufthansa blue and yellow livery

that's only a little mistake, but what you think is 'old 2000', indeed is very much older. You probably shouldn't call me a Lufthansa expert, for this topic you better ask the Lufthansa CEO.

But you can call me a LH-B744 addict, which includes almost all German 747s, the Lufthansa 747 history since April 1970,

the Aviation Chief Engineer Joe Sutter of Boeing (March 21st 1921 - August 30th 2016) , who in 1965 invented the 747, and who used his wife to mark the 3090 m point

where until today all LH-B744 lift off.

Let's see not only for pictures, but for jetphotos:

View of Lufthansa Boeing 747-230B(M) D-ABYS at Tullamarine in January 1980. (The tail of a Trans Australia Airlines (TAA) Boeing 727-276 is at rear-right.) After completion of Lufthansa service she was stored at Pinal Airpark (Marana) in Arizona in 1993. She was later operated by Polar Air Cargo as N508MC in 2004. Low res photo.. D-ABYS. Boeing 747-230B(M). JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Lufthansa in Australia, December 1979, type LH-B747-230B, reg D-ABYS, airport YMML Melbourne Tullamarine, the livery where everthing began:
            black nose, a chromed (yes the 1970s were chromed) fuselage below the windows, a Lufthansa 1970 nightblue window line, and the Lufthansa 1970 nightblue tailfin who we all love so very much.

To be continued...

PS: Somebody asked, ... don't tell me my answer were too long...

Comment

... So. What you prefer to call 'Old 2000', that's what I'd call the Original LH-B744 nightblue of 1997. But even that's not completely true. Because ..

the LH-B744 nightblue of my avatar (KSFO 2007 or 2008_) already existed before the Star Alliance in 1997 was founded. As with the help of the jetphotos database can easily be shown:

The only time I managed to get onto the ramp and shoot at Kai Tak. D-ABVC. Boeing 747-430. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Lufthansa auf Kai Tak. With not really my avatar, but with exactly (!) the same livery of my avatar, June 1994, type LH-B744, airport VHHH Kai Tak, the 35 year B744 anniversary livery, because,
              as far as I know, the first LH-B744 ever with Lufthansa crew took off in the year 1989. Too much? But I have more!

Between 89 and 97, all LH-B744 took off without a sign which today you'd miss on a LH-B744: The Star Alliance sign, only since 1997 between the 1R door and the cockpit window area.

... I always call it the Lufthansa 747 Star Alliance 1997 Original nightblue tailfin.
              Although it is at least 6 or 7 years older: light grey lower fuselage and nacelles (!), and the beloved 1997 Original nightblue tailfin.

But why has somebody tried (with emphasis on try) to change the 1997 Original nightblue tailfin?

Good question. I can only tell that far, once there must've existed an order by Lufthansa to find new Original Lufthansa colors for the LH 747 fleet.
              Who thought that would be necessary is a thing which I don't know. But the order was executed, and it was executed with one major error.

The Original 747 nightblue tailfin also in the new 747 livery should stay the same, namely the 1997 Original nightblue.

But somebody was not really able to make it. So, since then we have both, a "too dark" nightblue 747 tailfin,

and the Original 1997 nightblue 747 tailfin , as seen in the jetphoto above.

PS: I hope this answer isn't too long. But you really asked MY question, and so I did my very best to answer.

Comment

Working...
              X