X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W7PSK View Post
    Just a minor adjustment.

The first press of G/A will give you a 2000 FPS climb

the second will give you full rated power.
    Just a major adjustment, 2000 FPS is 120,000 feet per minute!

MCM is correct, first press gives you 2000 feet per minute.

Cheers.

Comment

AJ, I'm sure that the 2000fps vs 2000fpm was a mistyping and not the intent of the "minor adjustment", which seems to have been adding the first press vs second press cases that were missing in MCM's explanation.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

i do appreciate the answers folks. thank you for taking the time. i now understand if i am correct, that a missed approach does not necessarily need full TOGA thrust or max thrust.

so is the "mystique" of the 757's takeoff/climb ability busted? or does it have some calculable advantage over other aircraft?

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post
          Well, it is something of a rocket ship...
          KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Originally posted by AJ View Post

MCM is correct, first press gives you 2000 feet per minute.

Cheers.
            Mistyped, meant 2000FPM

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              Well, this answers one of the questions I was about to ask: How does the airplane "knows" if you want a smooth go-around or if you want to escape from a windshear or a CFIT.
              The Throttle is what I know, It reacts to various flap, gear, Altitude Settings depending on Mode you are in. There are set procedures in the FCOM for Wind shear.

The airplane also has a lot of sensors and black boxes that work together to give the pilot and the aircraft vital information on Location, speeds, altitudes. Most are double and triple backed up to give a required 10 to the minus 9th error margin.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                Gabe, you're such a kill-joy! I'm sure you are correct though...informative as always.

So, today, i was onboard AA# 599 (LGA-MIA), it was absolutely a gorgeous day in mia, perfect for flying and landing. For some unknown reason, we missed the approach and flew around for a second try. Interestingly, as loud as the 757's engines are, the increase in power at go around was barely perceptible, it was as if the pilot barely advanced the throttles. heck, gear up was more noticeable.

since i'm not a techie and dont understand boeing's technical manuals on their website, is it just that the 757 has a really good power to weight ratio, better than most other aircraft?
                can you post a link of the manuals? or send me a link?
                Once maintained: CS-TTQ, OO-SFM,SFN,SFO,SFV,SFW,VEK, VES, VEH, VEX, VEN, OO-TCI,J,O,R,P,H,N. F-GYAI, F-HCAO, F-GPEJ, F-GPEK, F-GSTS, F-GSTR, LX-N20199, OO-TNG

Have a nice flight!

Juul

My pictures on Jetphotos.net

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X