Spammers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammers

Hi fellow Jetphotos photographers, i want to talk about these type of people who always spam links on other sites such as facebook in order to be always at the top screen, this personally frustrates me and other friends because this people just don't leave an opportunity for special photos to be shown at the top screen, not just the regular type of photo we always see because of these spammers.
    This photographer is a very clear example of what im saying and there are many other examples.
    Attached Files

Hi, totally agree with you! More and more often there are so many boring and even bad quality shots under the todays most popular. just because some guys share the links on social. Thats pretty annyoning. The easiest way is to remove the "Today Most Popular" box and replace it with the newest registration box or the random photos box.

Comment

We sometimes contact them with a request to temper down with linking on social media . But we cant forbid it.
      “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

I'm more annoyed with like spamming and seeing the same people liking most of my photos. Then, when I look at their accounts, I see that they average 20+ 'likes' per photo.

Comment

i really don't care and it is not spam.
          They do what they enjoy, and others apparently like it too because they are clicking their links on social media.
          I do not really see the problem here. Everyone is interested in different things; don't call them spammers and click somehere else if you don't like it!

Comment

For many people who likes aviation and airplane photography it is normal to spend time everyday on social networks instead of jetphotos, maybe some doesn't even know jetphotos. So the photographer is only sharing his work with a community that may be interested in the channels he knows will reach them. Same happens in websites like Twitch where lots of people that may be interested in your content are usually not there searching streams but they are checking their social media few times a day...

You should consider start your own photographer fan page so new people that may be interested in your photos can come to jetphotos thru your page profile and that will also increase the chances of other photographers to have their images seen by them too
            https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/315324

Comment

Originally posted by sanderzwart View Post
              i really don't care and it is not spam.
              They do what they enjoy, and others apparently like it too because they are clicking their links on social media.
              I do not really see the problem here. Everyone is interested in different things; don't call them spammers and click somehere else if you don't like it!
              I personally think that a good photo doenst need spam to get to the top

Comment

Originally posted by MarkosVicioso View Post
                For many people who likes aviation and airplane photography it is normal to spend time everyday on social networks instead of jetphotos, maybe some doesn't even know jetphotos. So the photographer is only sharing his work with a community that may be interested in the channels he knows will reach them. Same happens in websites like Twitch where lots of people that may be interested in your content are usually not there searching streams but they are checking their social media few times a day...

You should consider start your own photographer fan page so new people that may be interested in your photos can come to jetphotos thru your page profile and that will also increase the chances of other photographers to have their images seen by them too
                I already have my own social network pages and i sometimes share my jp photos but not like other people who do this in an excessive manner.
                Also, why would you want a boring photo at the top?

Comment

Originally posted by MARK0 View Post

I already have my own social network pages and i sometimes share my jp photos but not like other people who do this in an excessive manner.
                  Also, why would you want a boring photo at the top?
                  If you find a picture boring it's completely valid but that doesn't mean that's the true or the only valid opinion, for some people they may be interesting... all those pictures you marked with an X i find them pretty interesting for different reasons... it's a matter of prespective

Comment

If you find a picture boring it's completely valid but that doesn't mean that's the true or the only valid opinion, for some people they may be interesting... all those pictures you marked with an X i find them pretty interesting for different reasons... it's a matter of prespective
                    I marked them with an X because i consider that those did reach the top view section in a legitimate way
                    Maybe its me but i prefer a to see a creative photo or a rare aircraft in the top view section rather than a simple airbus that we see everyday.

Comment

I marked them with an X because i consider that those did reach the top view section in a legitimate way
                      Maybe its me but i prefer a to see a creative photo or a rare aircraft in the top view section rather than a simple airbus that we see everyday.
                      I totally agree with you. An exception can be made on a rare occasion, but there are a lot of too standard photos pushed to the top spots on the most viewed page of JP. Luckily We have the (on most occasions, because those can always be debatable) screeners choices ans photos of the weeks.
                      On the other hand, it's indeed not forbidden. Every photographer has the possibility to show his photos where he or she wants to. With or without JP-link.

Comment

Why do these people not uploading their work on the social media channels direclty? All possible on IG, Twitter etc... Why are they waiting two weeks until the photo is screened and then posting the link to it. I don`t get it.

Comment

Originally posted by CO777/200 View Post

Why do these people not uploading their work on the social media channels direclty? All possible on IG, Twitter etc... Why are they waiting two weeks until the photo is screened and then posting the link to it. I don`t get it.
                          This is something I have always hated, people doing that, but in my opinion, it's a way for them to cheat their view numbers on the uploaded images, and get to the Top 5 of the day - again, that is just my opinion, which I am entitled to.

Comment

I'm from a small airport where the biggest aircraft landing is an a320. Check "SKSM" AIP Charts if you have a chance..

( https://www.aerocivil.gov.co/servici...%20BOLIVAR.pdf )

an A380 special scheme still's really cool for me. Still a matter of prespective... Still valid your opinion...

Comment

There it goes another clear example
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X