New to JetPhotos - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to JetPhotos - please help

Hi everyone, I am new to JetPhotos and I would like to get some advice if I may. This photo got rejected for dust spots but when I tried to visualize spots in LR nothing appears. Also, can someone please identify where exactly the halos are in this image? I cannot find any as far as I know. Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	964
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1172897
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7991-2.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	541.7 KB
ID:	1172898

P.S. Please tell me if this image has any form of JPEG compression, as my other image got rejected only because of that issue so I would like to avoid that and perhaps re-upload. thanks!

There is a spot right above the starboard wingtip (right side of image).

Comment

Hi, not a screener, but brought up an equalized view for you. (the "check for dust" option on the upload page)
      As you can see there is a spot above the left wingtip, that's a dust spot. Should be easy to remove with the spot healing tool.
      As for halos, the area around the cockpit and front of the fuselage has an obvious whiteish glow, while the areas around the engines/landing gear/back of the fuselage are glowing dark. That strange glow is the halo that contributes to bad postprocessing. Try not to play around with the highlights/shadows/clarity settings too much as that often causes halos. Also turn off any settings like clarity enhancement, D-lighting, automatic sharpening etc. on your camera, those are the worst troublemakers.
      Not sure about JPEG compression, perhaps a crew member or senior member will be able to answer that.

Happy spotting!
      Regards from Shanghai
      Attached Files

Comment

Not a screener but happy to try & help. When I check for dust spots in Lightroom, I turn Texture, Clarity & Dehaze all the way to 90 or even 100 & then scan for dust spots, I tend to find more doing it this way than just the spot remover by itself.

As with the editing halos, I try to never touch the highlights tool & only adjust shadows if absolutely needed. My go to is exposure, contrast & sharpness & then tends to be it.

Good luck & hope that helps!

Comment

Thank you all for your help! This is only like my 6th time spotting, so I did not turn off active d-lighting (which according to many causes the halos). I've turned it off from now on and hopefully that makes a difference. Still hoping that someone can answer my question about the JPEG compression. If you all do not mind, could you please provide feedback on this photo (rejected solely for jpeg compression)? Thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AMGEnthusiast63 View Post
            Hi, not a screener, but brought up an equalized view for you. (the "check for dust" option on the upload page)
            As you can see there is a spot above the left wingtip, that's a dust spot. Should be easy to remove with the spot healing tool.
            As for halos, the area around the cockpit and front of the fuselage has an obvious whiteish glow, while the areas around the engines/landing gear/back of the fuselage are glowing dark. That strange glow is the halo that contributes to bad postprocessing. Try not to play around with the highlights/shadows/clarity settings too much as that often causes halos. Also turn off any settings like clarity enhancement, D-lighting, automatic sharpening etc. on your camera, those are the worst troublemakers.
            Not sure about JPEG compression, perhaps a crew member or senior member will be able to answer that.

Happy spotting!
            Regards from Shanghai
            Thank you for pointing that out. I did not see that at all. Maybe I'll just use the equalizer tool built into JP from now on.

Comment

Working...
            X