Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thing to store pictures on while in other cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LX-A343
    Had an X-Drive, but this one is broken now. Got a VP6210 now, which is currently beeing fixed (hopefully).

Gerardo
    Er, I hate to say this Gerardo, but why do you keep breaking these things?

Andy

Comment

That's talent ....

Gerardo
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

I use the X-Drive Pro 60GB. It takes it all JPEG, RAW, TIFF.... Works great and is fast when loading pictures on to it. It can also be used as a MP3 player! And its was not that expencive, I think I payed about 300 USD for it.
        Last edited by CPH Aviation; 2005-12-30, 14:44.
        Regards
        Soren Madsen

Spotting guide to CPH www.cphaviation.dk

Comment

I've rented a P-2000 by Epson, works pretty good

Comment

I'm looking at picking up the Nikon image tank myself. I've heard the new Epson 4000 was just released so this could make the Epson-2000 cheaper if you can find them.

One of the pluses I read about the Nikon is the size, pretty portable compared to the Epsom.

Comment

I had the ipod card reader - what a total waste of money!!!! It drained the battery like there was no tomorrow and it was faulty and only ever copied half a cf card.
              Changed to a 40gb x-drive, which is loads better. Touch wood, it's been good so far although it can be a bit worrying not seeing what you've stored already, battery life is not too bad and it's reasonably quick transferring from card to HD. Once it's plugged into the pc it's like any other HD attached to my pc.

Comment

Couldnt you just go into a photo shop and get them put on a disk Or is that crappy!?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hampson
                  Couldnt you just go into a photo shop and get them put on a disk Or is that crappy!?
                  A place like Kinko(s?) can transfer the data off your card and onto a CD for you. That'd work for any data, not just photos.

Comment

Running to Kinko's isn't always an option, and to tell you the truth; not economical.

If you want something, save up for it, and purchase it; it'll save money in the long run.
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

I use 10+GB of CF cards. That was always enough. Don´t want to have all my pics on one single source - ever.

Comment

Has anyone tried any of those portable hard drives like these? I just came across an article on these and it seems quite useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                          Has anyone tried any of those portable hard drives like these? I just came across an article on these and it seems quite useful.
                          How do you transfer the data from your memory cards to this HD? Tha last I want is to carry my Notebook to the airport Unfortunately, at the time I still have to do so

Gerardo
                          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343
                            How do you transfer the data from your memory cards to this HD? Tha last I want is to carry my Notebook to the airport Unfortunately, at the time I still have to do so
                            I'm not 100% sure if you can. From some things I've read, it seems like you can transfer data to it (as well as similar devices) with the camera in PTP mode. (You'd need an AC Adapter though - So a car or other source of power is needed)

I found one from Seagate has one that definitely works.

Comment

I have a JOBO portable HD. It can display raw images ok and can also function as an mp3 player etc.

You can get an external battery pack for it was as well

Comment

I got an X-drive as well. About 80gb on it, but this can be changed. Any PC hard drive can be installed in the X-drive. I use it not only as a way to store pictures while "in the field" but also as a complete back-up of my photos.

Only problem could be the battery life which is about 2 hours (about 7/8 gb). However, the batteries are can be recharged so as long as you remember to bring your power plug you should be fine. When you buy a X-drive without display they can be rather cheap. Under 150 euros, when compared to similar storage capacity in memory-cards that's a real bargain.
                                Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Working...
                                X