JP Site Redesign: Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAS931 View Post
    Also I like the design,,just have to getting used to it.
    On the old design, you could to to other pages,,now it seems like you just go to the bottom and the next photos comes up.
    Will you make a "page buttom" again ?
    Rgds Ole
    I agree with you. I don't like scrolling.

Maybe you could make a mobile version with scrolling and a PC version with pages.

Comment

Any upload quota limitation like the old design (20 for all & 10 per day) ?

Comment

yes those should remain

Regards

Comment

Overall, great job on the new site!

I do agree, having a "page" function for photos would be nice. If you click a photo, your "scrolling" progress is lost, so you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to pick up where you left off.

I noticed that my spotting map (great feature, btw!) is missing lots of smaller airports I've shot from. Is there a way to add lat/long data for airports not currently on the map?

Comment

Originally posted by KPWM View Post
            Overall, great job on the new site!

I noticed that my spotting map (great feature, btw!) is missing lots of smaller airports I've shot from. Is there a way to add lat/long data for airports not currently on the map?

Thanks for the positive feedback.

We currently only show airports with IATA codes on the map (Currently just under 8000 airports). Any airport that has only and ICAO code will not be shown. This is on our list of things to look into in the future but it could be very difficult to get coordinates for every small airport. Also photos marked as "in flight" will not appear on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by lweight View Post
              I usually searched the photos by the resolution before, such as 1920px and larger etc. and I can't find the option now, it's uncovenient for me, could you provide the search option like before?
              We currently don't have this as a search option but it is something that we may consider adding in the future.

Comment

Well done, everyone; the site looks a lot better.

A few comments I would make (one also made by someone else previously):

- There should be a link to the homepage at the bottom of each page (or better still, links to other pages)
                - The "x photos added since your last visit" seems to have gone. Is this available anywhere?
                - I'd also like to see a news ticker, as someone suggested earlier? Possible on a later update.

Overall, however, a real improvement; it looks a lot better (loads a bit slower, though - maybe this will improve over time?) and it's certainly a lot more successful a change than that attempted on another major site recently!!

Comment

Dear Admins please DON'T remove the endless scrolling on the homepage for the newest photos. It's a great feature especially if you use a mobile device. And I bet there are more visitors using a smartphone or tablet than a desktop PC.

I don't really understand why some people want the page navigation back. It's absolutely outdated and I can't see an advantage compared to endless scrolling which makes sense especially for the new regs. I watch way more pics than before where I had to click through plenty of pages.

The only bug you should fix is when I click on a pic and use the back button of the browser. I always return to the top of the new photo section no matter how far I have scrolled down. But I guess this is no problem for the programmers

Comment

Is there any chance of adding an option to sort photos by date (either from oldest year to newest or vice versa) like on the old website? There are only three options as it stands, Newest (uploaded), Oldest (uploaded) and Most Popular.

Can't imagine it would be too hard to add from my personal understanding of coding search results.

Comment

Dear Jetphotos crew,

First of all congratulations on the results on the renewed website, at first sight i like it !
                      There is more focus on the most recent top shots, being displayed big on the home page.

The endless scrolling down on the home page isn't that bad of an idea, for certain enthusiast it will be nice to kill some time

However i spent some time on the website to check and get used to it as being a frequent user and uploader, i discovered while using the mobile version to check my photos in the queue that i won't show the queue number the photo is at, that's probably a bug that will get fixed in the near future, its visible while using my computer.
                      A second thing i'm curious about, i go through my own photo collection on the web frequently to check and show family and friends what i have seen a the last 8 years, but selecting my name to show all photos put's me scrolling down through the last 50 photos i uploaded but after that it stops. I really hope that it will be possible to view them all again selecting my name to show the ones uploaded earlier too.
                      Will this be visible again later on or will the option to select a certain amount of photos per pages be coming back? (at least an option to it).

Personally that's all i'm really wondering about and hope to see it being returned.

I'm looking forward to all the future developments.

Best regards,
                      Ricardo de Vries

Comment

Ricardo,
                        Both these issues should be resolved in the near futur.

Best regards
                        Alex

Comment

Well done! I really like the new design

However I'm missing the 'photo management' option (or perhaps I just cannot find it?). Just to clarify - I'm not a date cheater, but I simply like to add the flight no. and routing to those of my pics that have been accepted.

Brgds TK

Comment

I am missing big time the "**** photos added since your last visit" feature... Any plans on bringing it back, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasz View Post
                              Well done! I really like the new design

However I'm missing the 'photo management' option (or perhaps I just cannot find it?). Just to clarify - I'm not a date cheater, but I simply like to add the flight no. and routing to those of my pics that have been accepted.

Brgds TK
                              You can find it on the top right menu drop down (underneath your name) select "Photos".

Comment

Originally posted by DSC View Post
                                I agree with you. I don't like scrolling.

Maybe you could make a mobile version with scrolling and a PC version with pages.
                                Good point. I really don't like scrolling either. I will go to any given page with one mouseclick, not after scrolling for minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X