AirVi - Prescreening / Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AirVi View Post
    Yes, taken it with phone. Compression and overprocessed visible in the sky correct? For overprocessed means halos?
    Yes.

Comment

• Hi Dana, i have just rejected two photos with some my dubts. First is A380, already saw by you 2 moths ago and it was soft. Today rejected for obstructing and heat distortion. The railing is underneath the plane and doesn't cover it at all. It could be slightly annoying but I don't think so much given its position very low and far from the plane. Distortion from peat jets is normal, it distorts the view of the sky behind but does not affect the aircraft itself and therefore should not be a problem.
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The second is this A320 for undersharpened and overexposed. I re-look and it not seem soft, but with a good sharpen. Also not seem overexposed enought to be rejected even looking to the histogram, there isn't too light in the right side.
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

What do you thing?

Comment

Hi Dana, i have just rejected two photos with some my dubts. First is A380, already saw by you 2 moths ago and it was soft. Today rejected for obstructing and heat distortion. The railing is underneath the plane and doesn't cover it at all. It could be slightly annoying but I don't think so much given its position very low and far from the plane. Distortion from peat jets is normal, it distorts the view of the sky behind but does not affect the aircraft itself and therefore should not be a problem.

The second is this A320 for undersharpened and overexposed. I re-look and it not seem soft, but with a good sharpen. Also not seem overexposed enought to be rejected even looking to the histogram, there isn't too light in the right side.

What do you thing?
        1. heat hazed/soft.. usually the same thing so no surprise. foreground clutter is subject as to whether it's too distracting; in this case whoever screened it decided it was.
        2. look more like harsh contrast than overexposed, but definitely soft, probably even blurry. not fixable.

Comment

• Hi Dana, can i have more explanations about reasons of rejection? I have difficult to understand them. No for chromatic aberrations because i have just anderstood it. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11618079

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11618115

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Dana, can i have more explanations about reasons of rejection? I have difficult to understand them. No for chromatic aberrations because i have just anderstood it.
            Which part are you having difficulty understanding?

Comment

• Why both two images would be over-processed? I don't see any paticular problems. Contrast are harsh? The first is soft? Before it was rejected for overshapen and now i don't think that i exaggerated with decrease of sharpen. All for me seem good.

Comment

Why both two images would be over-processed? I don't see any paticular problems. Contrast are harsh? The first is soft? Before it was rejected for overshapen and now i don't think that i exaggerated with decrease of sharpen. All for me seem good.
                Halos/banding in both. Both also blurry/oversharpened as well. Dust spot missed on the second one.

Comment

• Halos/banding on the sky? I never knew banding, can you tell me what is that and how to see it in the photo?

Comment

Halos/banding on the sky? I never knew banding, can you tell me what is that and how to see it in the photo?
                    Halos = areas of the sky closer to the aircraft darker/brighter than other areas of the sky
                    Banding = harsh transitions between light/dark/colors in the sky, often in repeated patterns

Comment

• Hi Dana, why this photo was rejected for over processed? I don't see any particular problem with it. Also the sharpen is still soft?
                      https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11646009

Comment

Hi Dana, why this photo was rejected for over processed? I don't see any particular problem with it. Also the sharpen is still soft?
                        https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11646009
                        Halo/outline around the whole of the aircraft. Pretty bad edit, and quality doesn't look great overall.

Comment

• Hi Dana, i request an information about this photo rejected. Is the light in the sky very hard?
                          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 6 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi Dana, i request an information about this photo rejected. Is the light in the sky very hard?
                            Yeah, don't think that's fixable.

Comment

Working...
                            X