Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milan Witham editing help

Evening,
    NOT a prescreening request. Just wondering if you should sharpen before or after resizing, my gut tells me before but I ask many spotters who upload here and they sharpen on photoshop after resizing to lets say 1920px for example. Below I will attatch 2 files, 1 is 1600px the other 1920px both are sharpened after resizing and I am curious which would be rejected for oversharpening or if both would be. (only a quick edit so I havent removed dust etc) p.s- just noticed I have opened a new thread by creating this post, can either my old thread or this current thread be deleted please (preferably the old one)
    Attached Files

Hello, I'm not a screener. Personally, I always sharpen after resizing but both these ETD 78Xs would be considered oversharpened imo.

Comment

Do it also after resizing.

Comment

Originally posted by nsxr_ View Post
        Hello, I'm not a screener. Personally, I always sharpen after resizing but both these ETD 78Xs would be considered oversharpened imo.
        Hmmm okay thank you, strange that you reckon even the 1920px shot to be oversharpened as all I did was use (Filter, Sharpen, Sharpen) in Photoshop but I guess I will wait for a screeners comments on this, thank you anyway.

Comment

Not a screener either, I normally do 2 waves of sharpening. 120% 0.6 pixels with the raw image, then once resized to 1920 I do another wave of 70% 0.3 pixels. Seems to do nicely, obviously editing the percentages depending on how it looks.

Comment

I'd vote to add the 1920px one, but the 1600px on is over-sharp imo around the aircraft. I tend to sharpen on a layer by copy and then use the eraser tool to run over the jaggies and then flatten the image.

Comment

Hi all, quick question for you all regarding the screening process at JP. I had previously uploaded the 3 photos below as hot photos and they were accepted and added to the database. The other day I realised I had exported them all in 1200px instead of 1600px.. not a biggie but wanted to get the correct size onto JP so I deleted the 3 photos and re uploaded them again as hot photos as they still warranted being marked as hot as no other photogs had uploaded a photo of the aircraft since myself. Although I had not edited the file any further other than exporting this time as 1600px instead of 1200px all 3 were rejected for underexposed! Makes me wonder about the levels of consistency but I thought I would ask the question here before either appealing or uploading further images. TIA for any replies

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Originally posted by MilanWitham View Post
                Hi all, quick question for you all regarding the screening process at JP. I had previously uploaded the 3 photos below as hot photos and they were accepted and added to the database. The other day I realised I had exported them all in 1200px instead of 1600px.. not a biggie but wanted to get the correct size onto JP so I deleted the 3 photos and re uploaded them again as hot photos as they still warranted being marked as hot as no other photogs had uploaded a photo of the aircraft since myself. Although I had not edited the file any further other than exporting this time as 1600px instead of 1200px all 3 were rejected for underexposed! Makes me wonder about the levels of consistency but I thought I would ask the question here before either appealing or uploading further images. TIA for any replies

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11486599
                All images are quite dark. If you decide to delete and and resubmit images they will be screened again from scratch, so yes, you risk receiving a different outcome than the original submission.

Comment

Hiya, bit of a long shot but just wondering if someone is able to change my jetphotos account name from "Withamm5" to "Milan Witham"

TIA

Comment

Working...
                  X