No announcement yet.

Understanding Rejections (Leoanrd Damm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding Rejections (Leoanrd Damm)

Hi guys,

today I got this photo rejected for Heat Distortion: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewreject_b.php?id=11492761

Can anyone help me find the visible heat distortion on the airplane because I can't find any?

Kind Regards
    Last edited by bleuair; 2024-03-10, 15:23.

In the lower/right part of the photo, heat distortion comes out from the engines, not really fixable
    Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
    If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
    ——————————————————————————

Comment

Hey TRTPUwU,

thank you for the answer! Where exactly do you see the heat distortion on the airplane? I can see it coming out from the engines and being visable on the terminal building

Comment

I didn't know that it isn't allowed that heat distortion is visible on buildings aswell, that's why I am asking

Comment

The whole frame looks a bit off to me, particularly in the text on the aircraft.

Comment

Hey jakerepp,

so it is probably not fixable in general and I will not upload the photo again.​

Comment

When there is heat distortion teat close to the aircraft it will automatically be rejected, if the distortion is far enough it might get accepted. The aircraft has visible heat distortion if you see close enough.
              Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
              If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
              ——————————————————————————

Comment

Alright, thank you!

Comment

I can not see any heat distortion across the whole image looking at the buildings behind. The heat distortion coming from the engines is not an issue at all. If this would be the case half the images already on JetPhotos should have been rejected.

But as Jake Repp already said, I believe there might be something wrong with your export settings as the compression does look a little off.

Maybe appeal worthy but that is your choice though.

Comment

Thanks Aaron!

Comment

Yes seems to be more of a compression issue making the whole plane soft

Regards
                      Alex

Comment

2 and 3 just have bad lighting, that's what the contrast reject is referring to. 1 looks like it might have a little haloing going on - usually caused by heavy editing.

Comment

Originally posted by derizu View Post
                          2 and 3 just have bad lighting, that's what the contrast reject is referring to. 1 looks like it might have a little haloing going on - usually caused by heavy editing.
                          I agree with this assessment. 2 and 3, the light is too flat.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer guys. I do understand the rejection of photo 2 and 3 now but on photo 1 and in all my photos in general I don't edit much at all. I tried to put the original photo into the 'Check for dust' tool and it looks almost the same, so it can't be because of heavy editing. Could it be the case that the effects in the Dust tool are visible due to the contrasty background?

Comment

Working...
                            X