Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got a camera that can shoot in 2304 and 1280...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a camera that can shoot in 2304 and 1280...

As the title suggests, I just got a camera that can shoot in 2304 and 1280. Specifically 2304, 1600, 1280, 640, and 1920. Should I take it in the correct size for uploading, 1280, or a higher one? What would be the best in the end?

For editing photos I have Lightroom for iPad (Free) so if I do shoot in a higher one will it compress/resize ok?

The camera is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 from 2003, I got it as a gift from someone who wants to support my plane spotting photography adventure as I am a beginner.

Thanks in advance,
    Beans Aviation

The question was too long to fit in the title

Comment

Use the largest size possible and highest quality possible in the camera and then use your software to crop and re-size. If you take an image at 1280px for example in your camera and you need to crop it after levelling it etc, then you will end up with an image less than 1280px in size which is not ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Beans_Aviation View Post
        As the title suggests, I just got a camera that can shoot in 2304 and 1280. Specifically 2304, 1600, 1280, 640, and 1920. Should I take it in the correct size for uploading, 1280, or a higher one? What would be the best in the end?

For editing photos I have Lightroom for iPad (Free) so if I do shoot in a higher one will it compress/resize ok?

The camera is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10 from 2003, I got it as a gift from someone who wants to support my plane spotting photography adventure as I am a beginner.

Thanks in advance,
        Beans Aviation
        Honestly, unless you get really close to the subject, those resolutions probably won't be enough to get something of good enough quality for acceptance here. Still good to practice with, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for getting images accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
          Use the largest size possible and highest quality possible in the camera and then use your software to crop and re-size. If you take an image at 1280px for example in your camera and you need to crop it after levelling it etc, then you will end up with an image less than 1280px in size which is not ideal.
          Thank you mate.

The charger is broken so I'm getting a new one so once I get that I can practice and use it to get some good photos.

Ande dlowwa I think it'll be fine as the airports I'm going to I get reasonably close.

Comment

Originally posted by Beans_Aviation View Post

Thank you mate.

The charger is broken so I'm getting a new one so once I get that I can practice and use it to get some good photos.

Ande dlowwa I think it'll be fine as the airports I'm going to I get reasonably close.
            As long as your expectations aren't too high and you are willing to learn, you'll be fine

(close in this case means <50 meters. if you can fill the frame from a close distance, then the lower resolution might not matter as much)

Comment

Working...
            X