Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel rejected

Hi all.
    I submitted my first photo to JetPhotos 9 days ago. It was of ZK-KLH, a CFM Shadow BD (one of only 5 Shadow microlights in New Zealand).

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZK-KLH Shadow_BD @ LX 2196 (1200px).jpg
Views:	815
Size:	529.1 KB
ID:	1183558

Before I submitted the photo, I read all the photo guidelines and FAQ on the JetPhotos website.

I was very surprised when my photo was rejected because of:
    - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
    - Dark / Underexposed
    - Too much or too little contrast
    - Categories wrong or missing

How can I make this photo acceptable to JetPhotos?
    Any help would be appreciated.

I am amazed by JetPhoto's decision - my photo is much better than the one that is currently on the JetPhotos website (see below).

Name:	JetPhotos 0048061 ZK-KLH @ NZAS.jpg
Views:	1263
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	1183557

Very flat light due to weather conditions. Don't take it personally, but also, don't disparage someone else's photo.

It took me a while to get my first acceptance and many 'poor quality' rejections.

Comment

I think I got about 30 rejections before I got my first accepted. It's not about the current photo at all. Plus as I have discovered & continue to discover, images shot on an overcast day have a small chance of getting accepted.

- Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered) - center the aircraft properly, have even gaps left & right & use the center tool to get it centered top & bottom. This image has a big gap at the front & very tight at the tail

- Dark / Underexposed - image is very dark, best to always try to shoot with the sun behind you or edit the photo to increase the exposure and or shadows

- Too much or too little contrast - images shot on overcast days always struggle with contrast, try best to avoid

This is just some friendly advise, keep it up, take the advice on board & you will get there eventually

Comment

Record this in your mind bro. Do not upload photos taken on cloudy, rainy, or low-sunlight days. Also, do not take photos with the sun in front of you. Personally I think that this kind of pictures don't look bad at all, your photo looks acceptable for an average user, but lately JP and many other platforms like this don't like pictures with low contrast and the absence of sun. Take a look at the homepage and you will see 90% of the pictures there are taken on sunny days.

Comment

Originally posted by BHC2000 View Post
          Hi all.
          I am amazed by JetPhoto's decision - my photo is much better than the one that is currently on the JetPhotos website (see below).
          Mmmm..nope, your photo is definitely not much better than the one currently 'on the JetPhotos website', and is in fact significantly worse. Might be difficult to look at things objectively, but doing so will accelerate the process of being able to get images accepted.

Your photo cannot be made acceptable due to the poor weather conditions. You need to try again with better light.

Comment

Hello

To improve your photo for JetPhotos, consider addressing the following:
            1. Ensure the aircraft is well-centered in the frame.
            2. Adjust exposure to avoid being too dark or underexposed.
            3. Fine-tune contrast for a balanced look.
            4. Double-check and correct the category settings.
            Compare your photo with JetPhotos' standards and make necessary adjustments. Your effort will enhance the chances of acceptance.​

Comment

I tried improving your photo, but there is very little room, the weather was not good and there was too much dead space do the left .
              Since contrast is not fixable, i fixed everything else: exposure and centering. As you see the aircraft is now well centered between the left/right borders. And i also added more exposure and now it looks better.

Name:	IMG_4533.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	416.5 KB
ID:	1183591
              Everything that say is in my opinion, a screener might dissagree
              If you are dissapointed of yourself, look at me and feel better.
              ——————————————————————————

Comment

Originally posted by BHC2000 View Post
                Hi all.
                I submitted my first photo to JetPhotos 9 days ago. It was of ZK-KLH, a CFM Shadow BD (one of only 5 Shadow microlights in New Zealand).

Name:	ZK-KLH Shadow_BD @ LX 2196 (1200px).jpg
Views:	815
Size:	529.1 KB
ID:	1183558

Before I submitted the photo, I read all the photo guidelines and FAQ on the JetPhotos website.

I was very surprised when my photo was rejected because of:
                - Bad Composition (bad framing / aircraft not centered)
                - Dark / Underexposed
                - Too much or too little contrast
                - Categories wrong or missing

How can I make this photo acceptable to JetPhotos?
                Any help would be appreciated.

Name:	JetPhotos 0048061 ZK-KLH @ NZAS.jpg
Views:	1263
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	1183557
                I do agree on the decision. I used to submit these kinds of images before. Indeed that never submit a photo on a harsh lighting conditions. Better take a photo on a sunny day or has a contrasty environment. I believe practice makes it permanent, so practice skills on editing and consider such environment before spotting planes for Jetphotos.
                Neil Patrick John Dariagan
                Camera and Lens: Nikon D5300 - Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR - Nikon 18-55mm VR AF-P
                Instagram: @lodimaster.pat
                Facebook: Lodimaster Photography by Patrick D.
                Member of Philippine Aviators

Comment

Originally posted by xcharliex25x View Post
                  Record this in your mind bro. Do not upload photos taken on cloudy, rainy, or low-sunlight days. Also, do not take photos with the sun in front of you. Personally I think that this kind of pictures don't look bad at all, your photo looks acceptable for an average user, but lately JP and many other platforms like this don't like pictures with low contrast and the absence of sun. Take a look at the homepage and you will see 90% of the pictures there are taken on sunny days.
                  The first thing is to know your gear, and take advantage of it, I have pictures on JP even in worst weather conditions than this one of the guy cloudy + sunset time and they got approved, the thing is to learn, and take the advises form other, look for prescreening, polish your technique and create your own style.

Comment

Working...
                  X