Clear All

• PreScreening advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	Test March 29th.jpg
Views:	900
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	1187019

Hi Guys,

Above is a photo that I took recently and wanted to get some advice on what I can do to make it better and if this photo is acceptable for JP. If it isn't what can I do to make it acceptable?

The photo was taken at a width of 6000px it is now at a width of 1280px. When I resized the photo I used "Preserve Details 2.0".

Let me know what I can do.

Thanks,
    Ari

P.S I use adobe photoshop 24a

Not a screener but definetely centering needs to be fixed cause the airplane is too small in the frame

Comment

It's soft, being too far away from you, and the crop needs to be tighter around the aircraft. Not-fixable image. So don't upload

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

Name:	Test March 29th.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	490.6 KB
ID:	1187019

Hi Guys,

Above is a photo that I took recently and wanted to get some advice on what I can do to make it better and if this photo is acceptable for JP. If it isn't what can I do to make it acceptable?

The photo was taken at a width of 6000px it is now at a width of 1280px. When I resized the photo I used "Preserve Details 2.0".

Let me know what I can do.

Thanks,
          Ari

P.S I use adobe photoshop 24a
          Hi I'm not a screener but, Subject is too far away (aircraft) picture has a lot of dead space, image looks a little soft too and has some visible halos on the main landing gear, contrast will be another issue (too little).

Comment

Hi guys,

Can I get the photo below pre-screened and let me know what can be done if it is not good for JP?

Thanks,
            Ari

Name:	F-HLBK test.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	397.9 KB
ID:	1187190

Comment

Crop/Ratio, soft, contrast.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

I'll see what I can do to make it better.

Comment

and with regards to the contrast are you meaning that there is too much or not enough?

Comment

and with regards to the contrast are you meaning that there is too much or not enough?
                    Looks like it was a cloudy day, so there is a lack of direct light on the aircraft. That said, the overall quality is quite poor, so probably best to move on to another image.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

I have some good photos that I took for an art class. However, I can't use them because they are evidence for my school work, and some of them have obstructions in the way. Once I can use them I will ask here but until then I will need to get more photos.

Thanks for answering my questions thought.

Comment

Hey guys,

I am hoping to go to my local airport DUS/EDDL later this week.

It looks like it is going to be cloudy with a chance of rain.

I shoot with a Nikon D3400 body and switch between an 18-200mm lens and a 70-300mm lens.

I wanted to know if people here have suggestions for shots during a cloudy and/or rainy day. specifically for ISO, shutter speed, and aperture settings as during the day I use auto and I only use shutter priority for motion-bluer photos.

TIA,
                        Ari

Comment

Hey guys,

I am hoping to go to my local airport DUS/EDDL later this week.

It looks like it is going to be cloudy with a chance of rain.

I shoot with a Nikon D3400 body and switch between an 18-200mm lens and a 70-300mm lens.

I wanted to know if people here have suggestions for shots during a cloudy and/or rainy day. specifically for ISO, shutter speed, and aperture settings as during the day I use auto and I only use shutter priority for motion-bluer photos.
                          Depends if you're shooting for fun or with plans to submit the images for screening.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Depends if you're shooting for fun or with plans to submit the images for screening.
                            For screening.

Comment

For screening.
                              1. don't expect much if shooting in poor weather. acceptance rates for images in poor light are very low.
                              2. if you decide to try anyway, as low ISO as possible. Too much noise is a reason for rejection.

Comment

Working...
                              X