Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you need any Pre-Screening? - Limited to CREW reply ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronen,

#1 - Aspect Ratio will do you in.
    #2 - Dark
    #3 - Soft..maybe motive..Not enough aircraft in shot. It's showing the de-ice process more than the aircraft. If you have a look at other de-ice shots in the DB there is always a bigger emphasis placed on the aircraft.

Will,

#1 - Should be uploaded as a wing view. I personally would like to see more wing in the shot....
    #2 - Soft, Heat Distortion and the engines are over exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Billsville
      Ronen,

#1 - Aspect Ratio will do you in.
      Aspect ratio? Is that equal to bad crop?

Comment

• Yep, your photo is just scratching the minimum requirements of 1024x681. However, #1 lacks motive for me and is also soft.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Originally posted by RonenB
          Aspect ratio? Is that equal to bad crop?
          Yep, like Gerardo said. You might find this useful: http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=40085

cheers, Pamela

Comment

• Hi,

Will this have a chance regarding size and so on ?

Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

• It looks, as if you simply stretched it vertically.... How did you resize the photo?

In addition, it looks fairly dark as well.

Gerardo

Comment

• Hi Gerardo,

I went into resize - Image size and wrote 1024 in width and 768 in height.

Here is a pic of it in 1024*650

I know it still dark, but it is the size that gives me worries.
                Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

• Exactly what I thougt.... you can't resize a 1024x650 photo to 1024x682. You have to start with the original again. As you have a D70, the original file will have a 3:2 ratio already.

Comment

• Hi all,

Just going through some of my old photos from the 2005 RAAF Pearce Open day, and thought I would re-edit some.

Both shot with Canon 300D and a crappy 90-300mm plastic lens.

Do these photos have any chance of being passed?

Cheers

Carsten

Comment

• Little dark don't you think carsten? The Airborne one lighten it up a tad and see how that is. For the one on the ground, a bit backlit don't you think?

Comment

• Horizon Question

Hello,

I've this photo in the 'Q'. Does anybody else think the Horizon is crooked and if so, which building would you use? They all seems to have a different 'lean' to them. If I use one building, it just makes the others seem off. If somebody has the time, could you take a look? Thanks...!

N675AW

Take care,
                        Brad

Comment

• Brad, it is a bit borderline, seems to need a wee bit ccw rotation, but acceptable for me.
                          Btw I always take the vertical lines of a building or pole in the middle as a reference because of possible barrel /pin cushion distortion.

cheers, Pamela

Comment

• Brad, I would agree with young Pamela a small amount of CCW rotation but not much. Just to let you know what it would look like in screening world when I look at it in the 'level' view.

Comment

• I recently uploaded this one to the Q but I'm having second thoughts. What are your opinions?
                              JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

-Chris

Comment

• Your second thoughts are correct

Comment

Working...
                                X