Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
    Paul Nichols.....you're the guru here, comments ?
    I prefer the term geek!

For an image to be good at a reasonable size then the quality has to be there in the first place, and I just don't think it is here. You could get a sharp 600 pixel wide edit from both but I really don't think it's possible to correct this amount of softness and underexposure and still have an image of high enough quality at an uploadable size. The A320 has a much higher chance of being improved but still, I think it's best to just learn by them and avoid the flaws when taking the photo next time. That's my honest opinion anyway.

Originally posted by MoBL View Post
    Could you help me?
    Sure! It needs counter-clockwise rotation. If you use the nearest corner of the green tent in the background nearest the frame then you should get reasonable results.
    Last edited by PMN; 2010-11-09, 17:02.
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by PMN View Post
      Sure! It needs counter-clockwise rotation. If you use the nearest corner of the green tent in the background nearest the frame then you should get reasonable results.
      Thank you for help! I rotated CCW and attached to this post, but it looks that the green coach in background will tumble to the left ;-( But if pic in attachment is correctly leveled, then OK

Comment

• Originally posted by MoBL View Post
        Thank you for help! I rotated CCW and attached to this post, but it looks that the green coach in background will tumble to the left ;-( But if pic in attachment is correctly leveled, then OK
        That looks a lot better to my eyes to be honest!

My images on Flickr

Comment

• OK, thanks for your help!

Comment

• Not sure where the horizon might be taken from - I took if on the left vertical of the hangar at the edge of the picture - suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
              Not sure where the horizon might be taken from - I took if on the left vertical of the hangar at the edge of the picture - suggestions?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3213443
              Needs CCW, use th edge of the hanger opening.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                Not sure where the horizon might be taken from - I took if on the left vertical of the hangar at the edge of the picture - suggestions?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3213443
                I have to be honest, the verticals I can see look perfectly fine to me! If it needs anything then I'd say perhaps a very slight touch of CW rotation to level the ramp (even though I still think the verticals look fine), but I'm absolutely not seeing how this needs CCW in any way. You've confused me there, Ryan. What references are you using that make you think it needs CCW rotation?

By the way, Ryan, it's great you help but at least write in a way that makes it seem like you genuinely want to help. Such short, single line replies come across more like you're trying to prove a point than be genuinely helpful, whether the content of them is right or wrong.
                Last edited by PMN; 2010-11-11, 15:11.

My images on Flickr

Comment

I have to be honest, the verticals I can see look perfectly fine to me! If it needs anything then I'd say perhaps a very slight touch of CW rotation to level the ramp (even though I still think the verticals look fine), but I'm absolutely not seeing how this needs CCW in any way. You've confused me there, Ryan. What references are you using that make you think it needs CCW rotation?

By the way, Ryan, it's great you help but at least write in a way that makes it seem like you genuinely want to help. Such short, single line replies come across more like you're trying to prove a point than be genuinely helpful, whether the content of them is right or wrong.
                  Thanks Paul - I looked at it again, and couldn't find a vertical that wasn't straight so I have appealed it - lets see what happens with that.

Comment

• Goodmorning,

I got this rejected for horizon unlevel.

Can someone help me with it as i found this image difficult to unlevel. Or is it leveld and can i try an appeal ?

Best regards,

Bjorn

Comment

• Difficult to say. I would try an appeal and correct only if the appeal is rejected as well.
                      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• hi guys, this is my last rejection: i don't think it's so soft. does it need more sharpening?

thanks all
                        piero

Comment

Hiya Paul,
                          The verticles looked like they were leaning very slightly to the left, it is possible my eyes were off (Thursday is their day off)

hi guys, this is my last rejection: i don't think it's so soft. does it need more sharpening?

thanks all
                          piero
                          Hiya Piero, the photo does indeed look a little bit soft(ish) to me. I would be consdering adding about 4/5 passes of 50% USM at 0.2 radius and see what happens.
                          Hope that helps.
                          RYan

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                            Difficult to say. I would try an appeal and correct only if the appeal is rejected as well.
                            Okay thanks Gerardo, will appeal it.

Comment

• The Appeal was succesfull, got it accepted. Thanks to the screeners

Comment

Hi there,

I think they're both too soft to sharpen unfortunately. The rear end of the second one doesn't seem too bad, but I think the front is too soft to recover effectively. Probably two for the personal collection.
                                Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                                Both are soft and will benefit from 3 or 4 passes of USM at 50_0.2_0....but they are also underexposed quite a lot. Look at the histogram graph and you will see that the right side (Highlights) has absolutely no detail in it. Adjusting the histogram helps but it also introduces a significant amount of grain due to the massive contrast difference.
                                You may be on a bit of a loser with these two, especially the Air France.

Paul Nichols.....you're the guru here, comments ?
                                Thank to you !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X