Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felipe what are you asking about this picture ?? maybe a word or two could be seen as polite ?

This picture just needs a bit more contrast and it should be fine

Regards
    Alex

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
      Felipe what are you asking about this picture ?? maybe a word or two could be seen as polite ?

This picture just needs a bit more contrast and it should be fine

Regards
      Alex
      Sorry, I should stop posting right after waking up at 7AM.

I was trying to find out if it was over or under contrasty, thanks a lot for the quick answer
      [SIGNATURE GOES HERE]

Felipe Garcia

Comment

• Smiley face because I'm happy

What should I level it off. I think I had leveled it off of one of the light poles...
        This one dd have me stuck on the levelling come to think of it...

I'm potentially thinking that this isn't sharpenable?

Thanks,
        Tui
        Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

Comment

• Tui,

the 1st one is tricky as the ramp seems to be everything but level. Nevertheless, zoom into the building and use the verticals of that building to level the photo.

The 2nd is probably repairable, if you start from scratch. You need to add more contrast, i.e. more shadows and then you can sharpen it up a bit.

A quick edit of the rejected photo shows the result. Just to give you an idea

Left: original / middle: after adding more contrast and shadows / right: after adding some sharpening.

I guess, the result will look far better, if you start with the original again.
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• I have two rejections that are in need of another set of eyes. Before and afters:

I started over from scratch and came out with the results attached.....Are they upload worthy now?

Thanks
            Last edited by hdgrubb; 2012-11-24, 02:28.

flickr

Comment

• Request for help : (René Kelleway)

Hi ya

Just had these two rejected for

Over Processed / Bad postprocessing

I think I just did the usual contrast-crop-resize-sharpen with these. Any advice gratefully recieved, thanks as always!!

-

Comment

• Originally posted by rmk2112 View Post
                Hi ya

Just had these two rejected for

Over Processed / Bad postprocessing

I think I just did the usual contrast-crop-resize-sharpen with these. Any advice gratefully recieved, thanks as always!!

-

If you equalize the images you can see dark and light halos around the aircraft, which is usually a result of incorrect use of the Shadows/Highlights tool when attempting to light up the bottom of the aircraft. And it's also a common rejection reason.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by hdgrubb View Post
                  I have two rejections that are in need of another set of eyes. Before and afters:

I started over from scratch and came out with the results attached.....Are they upload worthy now?

Thanks
                  Try a little less sharpening on the 757, and also looks like you're using something like NeatImage to reduce the noise. Try using a little less of that too, it's better to have a little noise than having all the details wiped out. Otherwise they look good to me.

Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Wolf View Post
                    If you equalize the images you can see dark and light halos around the aircraft, which is usually a result of incorrect use of the Shadows/Highlights tool when attempting to light up the bottom of the aircraft. And it's also a common rejection reason.

Cheers
                    I see what you mean, thanks for that. I'll be sure to check for more than dust spots with equalize in future

Comment

• Rejection Disagreement

Hey Crew

I'm a little confused by this recent rejection:

Ok, the bad composition is understandable; I can fix that. BUT I feel the backlit issue is an unreasonable call. Firstly, the visible side of the aircraft is detailed, crystal clear (see reflections), the levels are spot on and there is no sign of the tails shadow on the fuselage. Secondly, it was obviously an overcast day and any lighting that was available at the time was not enough to cover either side of the aircraft in full.

This is where I am confused. I have an overcast shot, in the database, with levels and lighting very similar to the rejected photo:

N834NN. Boeing 737-823. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

If the first photo was rejected, shouldn't the one in database have been rejected for the same reason? The lighting is identical in both shots. Where is the line drawn on overcast shots?

I want to appeal or re-upload, but my explanation would be too lengthy. Any help here guys and gals?

Thanks!

flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Wolf View Post
                        Try a little less sharpening on the 757, and also looks like you're using something like NeatImage to reduce the noise. Try using a little less of that too, it's better to have a little noise than having all the details wiped out. Otherwise they look good to me.

Cheers.
                        Thanks Michael. I'm actually using the noise reduction in CS5 during RAW editing, but I will certainly try to back off it a little. Thanks for the help.

flickr

Comment

• Blurry help!

Rejected as blurry. Any input would be appreciated, because I just don't see it.

Thanks

Dave Brook
                          Cambridge, Ontario

Comment

Thanks Michael. I'm actually using the noise reduction in CS5 during RAW editing, but I will certainly try to back off it a little. Thanks for the help.
                            I use RAW too, and usually you don't need to have that Luminance noise slider anywhere higher than 20 to have the image look good after resizing. Otherwise you will be losing detail, and getting Over Processing rejects.

Comment

Hey Crew

I'm a little confused by this recent rejection:
                              The first image looks as if it's been taken against bright sun, despite the levels and clarity. It just does, which makes it a definite reason for rejection. The light on the second image is much softer with an overcast, it looks quite all right.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart Bandy View Post
                                http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3349641

Rejected as blurry. Any input would be appreciated, because I just don't see it.

Thanks
                                It's somewhat a borderline between soft and blurry. It just lacks detail and sharpness in certain areas. Can happen quite easily when panning, but at times can be fix to a certain extent when editing. (hard to tell here without looking at the original)

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X