Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oliver P. View Post
    A bit confused on the wrong titles here - I appealed but got re-rejected. There is no "Oneworld" airline to check like at Airliners.net; I simply put G-CIVP and
    EGLL in the autofill.

Thanks for the help!
    Hi Oliver

I think it needs "Special Scheme" checked

Regards
    René

Comment

• reg??

I uploaded a picture of a US Army Chinook with the reg 87-0072. It got rejected for wrong reg which I appealed as it does appear on other sites with this reg.

On appeal the Screeners said it should be 87-00072 (three zeros). I have just found another picture that confirms its 87-0072. see attachment
      How do I go about not getting rejected for reg next time?

Comment

• Scramble shows it with 3 zeros, USAF aircraft show just 5 digits on their tail despite having the 6-digit format of "xx-yyyy".

Upload it with three zeros as suggested. I'll take this into the crew discussion and will look into your queued photo as soon as we found the correct answer.
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• wrong reg

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
          Scramble shows it with 3 zeros, USAF aircraft show just 5 digits on their tail despite having the 6-digit format of "xx-yyyy".

Upload it with three zeros as suggested. I'll take this into the crew discussion and will look into your queued photo as soon as we found the correct answer.
          Thank you. It's now back in my queue as 87-00072. I have had 2 others recently accepted, 89-0163 and 88-0101. Let me know if I need to amend the registrations on these also. Also 89-0143 which is in my queue.

Robert

Comment

• About "Invalid hot".

Hi,
            Today I took this photo, and it is the first Boeing 767-300 with winglets for AeroSvit's fleet.

As I recall, and I apologize if I'm wrong, in the past, when it was first plane with winglets for other companies, you accept the first photo as "Hot photo".
            I would like to receive please an explanation on this issue, if it's possible.
            I would like to add that I not yet appeal about the rejection.
            I just want to learn the issue, with many thanks in advance!
            Kind regards,
            Erez.

PS
            As always, I apologize in advance if there are any mistakes in my English...
            I could not find someone to help me now with the English, and I get help only from "Google Translate", and it's known he is not the best ...

Comment

• Originally posted by overthelights View Post
              Thank you. It's now back in my queue as 87-00072. I have had 2 others recently accepted, 89-0163 and 88-0101. Let me know if I need to amend the registrations on these also. Also 89-0143 which is in my queue.

Robert
              LAST UPDATE: US Army has to be uploaded with the extra digit, in this case as 87-00072. If you please could correct your photos in the db or in the upload queue, that would be great.

Thanks for your understanding!

cheerio

Comment

• Can anyone help me please with this issue ?
                Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                Hi,
                Today I took this photo, and it is the first Boeing 767-300 with winglets for AeroSvit's fleet.

As I recall, and I apologize if I'm wrong, in the past, when it was first plane with winglets for other companies, you accept the first photo as "Hot photo".
                I would like to receive please an explanation on this issue, if it's possible.
                I would like to add that I not yet appeal about the rejection.
                I just want to learn the issue, with many thanks in advance!
                Kind regards,
                Erez.

PS
                As always, I apologize in advance if there are any mistakes in my English...
                I could not find someone to help me now with the English, and I get help only from "Google Translate", and it's known he is not the best ...

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                  Can anyone help me please with this issue ?
                  Addition of winglets does not qualify as new aircraft type for an airline as it's not the first 767-300 for AeroSvit, and therefore it does not qualify for being hot.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                    LAST UPDATE: US Army has to be uploaded with the extra digit, in this case as 87-00072. If you please could correct your photos in the db or in the upload queue, that would be great.

Thanks for your understanding!

cheerio
                    I really appreciate your help. I'll make the necessary changes and thanks again.

Robert

Comment

• Evening chaps,

I had this one rejected for oversharpening, which I can fully agree with, although it was also rejected for 'digital manipulation' which has left me scratching my head.

What exactly is implied by digital manipulation? Mind you, I think it's had a bit too much of noise reduction and sharpening.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Wolf View Post
                        Addition of winglets does not qualify as new aircraft type for an airline as it's not the first 767-300 for AeroSvit, and therefore it does not qualify for being hot.

Cheers
                        Michael,
                        Thanks for the reply.
                        Am I wrong when I think that in the past not so far that would otherwise?
                        I'm almost sure about it ...

Regards,
                        Erez.

Comment

• I have a question regarding this being an invalid hot - is not the first ever landing of a new type at a major airport not a hot item? I know it was submitted 5 days after the event, but that was because of an exclusivity agreement - but there are no other pictures covering the event on JP currently available for viewing - the Lufthansa A380 was the first A380 to land at MIA - if I remember right, the arrival of the first Lufthansa A380 at other airports was considered a hot item - or maybe I am wrong...

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3475538

I have a question regarding this being an invalid hot - is not the first ever landing of a new type at a major airport not a hot item?
                            No, it isn't.

quoted from http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=44854

2.5 Hot Photo

Only to be used for brand new paint schemes, new aircraft type for a particular airline or news worthy images. If you are unsure as to weather your image is Hot, please ask in the forum.

For new airline liveries the following apply:
                            - First aircraft in new livery -> HOT PHOTO
                            - First aircraft type or subtype (Airbus Narrowbody (A318, A319, A320, A321), Airbus windebody (A330, A340), B737-600, B737-700, B767-200, B767-300, B777-200, B777-300 etc) with new colors -> HOT PHOTO
                            - Every aircraft to be repainted - NOT HOT PHOTO

Examples of when not to use the Hot Photo would be: a new registration for an airline, a small sticker that has been added, a new reg into the db, a rare photo, first arrival of a certain aircraft at a specific airport or just because you think it's a great shot.

Note: photos are usually accepted as hot only within 48hrs after the event.

Comment

• My mistake - thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErezS View Post
                                Michael,
                                Thanks for the reply.
                                Am I wrong when I think that in the past not so far that would otherwise?
                                I'm almost sure about it ...

Regards,
                                Erez.
                                That was only with the very first 767 with winglets since this was a newsworthy event. Now it's very common to see more and more aircraft with newly added winglets.
                                “The only time you have too much fuel is when you’re on fire.”

Erwin

Comment

Working...
                                X