Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs help with their scans / rejects?? We can help you!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

can someone explain me what is wrong with the contrast?

This one got accpeted while it was taken at same date/place/conditions with 5 minutes inbetween..

PH-KZK. Fokker 70. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

• Joop, you could also wait for the appeal to be screened or your post to be answered, instead of doing both at the same time. It would be a bigger help for you.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Hi all,
        Just had this shot rejected "as similar". Even though I've no other shots of F-Pier in the database. I appealed and recieved the reply:

Admin Comments >> there is hardly any difference to some of your other AMS ramp photos. Different traffic is not taken into consideration, as the main subject is the ramp itself.

This seems a bit extreme as my other ramp shots don't show the aircraft here and as I say, I have no other of this pier at schiphol. In addition my other ramp shots have been my most popular, showing viwers like to see these shots.
        Anyhow, my question is, the main reason I took the shot and uploaded it was to show a close up detail of PH-BQP's tiles, I asked in the forum whether "ramp or aircraft" and was advised "ramp". Would it be accepted if re-uploaded as "aircraft".
        If you're still here, then thanks for reading all this
        Regards
        René

Comment

• Had a horizon level reject on this one. Any pointers on what I should level to?

Thanks,

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremydando View Post
            Had a horizon level reject on this one. Any pointers on what I should level to?

Thanks,

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3672197
            Hi,
            A 0.4 CCW rotation should do it

Regards
            Alex

Comment

• Hi ya
              Just had these 2 rejected for being unlevel,

I appealed and recieved the following rejection reasons:

"the buildings in the background are all leaning to the right"

"again, the buildings are leaning to the right. Perhaps less, than on the other appealed photo, but nevertheless considerably"

I've attached zoomed in images that to me atleast show the buildings are vertical,certainly not "considerably" leaning . I would appreciate a second opinion and any thoughts as to how to make them right
              Thanks as always!!
              Regards
              René

Comment

• Good evening,

Yesterday i got this one rejected for horizon unlevel. As i don't fully disagree with the reason for rejection i would like to know if a an appeal would have a chance.

Cheers
                Bjorn

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                  Good evening,

Yesterday i got this one rejected for horizon unlevel. As i don't fully disagree with the reason for rejection i would like to know if a an appeal would have a chance.

Cheers
                  Bjorn
                  I don't think so Bjorn, it's quite noticeable. 0.90 CCW seems to work, atleast for me. See what you think.

Sam
                  Last edited by RingwaySam; 2011-12-14, 18:05.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmk2112 View Post
                    Hi ya
                    Just had these 2 rejected for being unlevel,

I appealed and recieved the following rejection reasons:

"the buildings in the background are all leaning to the right"

"again, the buildings are leaning to the right. Perhaps less, than on the other appealed photo, but nevertheless considerably"

I've attached zoomed in images that to me atleast show the buildings are vertical,certainly not "considerably" leaning . I would appreciate a second opinion and any thoughts as to how to make them right
                    Thanks as always!!
                    Regards
                    René
                    Hi René, I agree with the senior as I'm afraid using such short reference lines is prone to producing unlevel results. In the Norwegian shot, the best reference to use is the light pole above the aircraft as it's about perfectly in the middle of the frame and fairly long. As for the Jetairfly, the white building behind the plane does seem to be slightly leaning. Again, I'd use the large light pole at the top.

Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                    Good evening,

Cheers
                    Bjorn
                    Hi Bjorn, the power poles as well as the red-and-white light poles do seem to be leaning.
                    Last edited by magic48; 2011-12-14, 20:04.

Comment

• Thanks Sam and Gianluca, indeed no chance for appeal. I made a new one, think this one is better leveled now.

Cheers
                      Bjorn

Comment

• Thanks Gianluca
                        Regards
                        René

Comment

• Im stumped

I had this photo rejected again after I fixed it (bad centering and too much too little contrast) Now it was rejected again for the same reason. Who can give me some pointers on this?

I dont understand how could it not be centered! I also take it that it needs more contrast? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks guys!

Comment

• The contrast I don't get at all, looks fine to me. Histogram is right where it should be.

Its very clearly not centred though.
                            The horizontal centre of this shot should be through the windowline, whereas you currently have it at the bottom of the red stripe.

Originally posted by rbrownrigg View Post
                            I had this photo rejected again after I fixed it (bad centering and too much too little contrast) Now it was rejected again for the same reason. Who can give me some pointers on this?

I dont understand how could it not be centered! I also take it that it needs more contrast? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks guys!
                            Garry Lewis

Air Team Images - www.airteamimages.com
                            Air Traffic Controller - Toronto ACC (West Low)

https://flic.kr/ps/AAWk8

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjorn1979 View Post
                              Thanks Sam and Gianluca, indeed no chance for appeal. I made a new one, think this one is better leveled now.

Cheers
                              Bjorn
                              I can't help it, but it still looks like leaning a bit to the right. As a screener, that's just another of horror location to screen photos from
                              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

• Thanks Gerardo, not only for screeners its a horror location. For us it's horror too to get it acceptable

Comment

Working...
                                X