Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colour Space for uploads - sRGB NOT Adobe RGB please.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingphilnewson View Post
    ah hah!
    I think this may be the answer to why I have the 'blues'.
    Some of my photos that have been accepted look fine most of the time,
    The colours look perfect in the small preview panes.. but when you look at the full size picture it takes on a cold blue tinge,,, I assume that this is due to me not noticing that the recent update of Photoshop started using Adobe RGB?
    I have also noticed that the colour takes on this blue tinge if I open the photo on Microsoft Paint.

Any tips on how to correct this?

I have a Canon camera . I assume that I don't have to adjust that>?

BTW - Thanks to the screeners!
    If you don't plan to professionally print your photos you can select sRGB as the colour profile in your camera. In addition, select sRGB as defaul colour space in your photo editor. Adobe products are known to reset Adobe RGB as default colour space after an update. So, keep an eye on it.
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Hi guys,

I've had a spat of rejections because of the colour profile recently.
      It hadn't happened to me much, but these past few days it's got frequent and kind of annoying for me (and I guess for you screeners too).

In the last rejection email, the screener sent me a link to this forum post. I checked it, and I definitely don't have any Adobe RGB chosen in the camera or in Photoshop (CC2015, mind you).

The only thing I hadn't chosen that was recommended in this post is the "Profile Mismatches" option, which I have ticked now.

When I ticked that and I opened a photo, it indeed showed a mismatch, and that must be the problem.
      But for the life of me I can't pinpoint where that mismatch originates as again, I haven't chosen any AdobeRGB anywhere.

The only thing I kind of suspect is Camera RAW 10.3, as that's what I use to open my photos in Photoshop CC2015 when I am going to edit. I originally shoot them in RAW, .NEF format, on my Nikon D90. But in Camera Raw 10.3 I couldn't even find a colour profile option. I could choose some different profiles for black and white and that, but when I open in Photoshop it again gives me the mismatch warning.

The screenshots are here: https://imgur.com/a/SUp1oVQ

Colour Profles

----

So my questions would be:

-Can anybody help me pinpoint the origin of the mismatch given my screenshots?
      -If we can't find it, would it be fixed by just choosing "convert documents to the working space"? This would be annoying to do all the times but I could live with it, I just want to see if I can have a proper fix.

Thanks!
      Last edited by Avianca 757; 2019-03-04, 03:05. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Avianca 757 View Post
        Hi guys,

I've had a spat of rejections because of the colour profile recently.
        It hadn't happened to me much, but these past few days it's got frequent and kind of annoying for me (and I guess for you screeners too).

In the last rejection email, the screener sent me a link to this forum post. I checked it, and I definitely don't have any Adobe RGB chosen in the camera or in Photoshop (CC2015, mind you).

The only thing I hadn't chosen that was recommended in this post is the "Profile Mismatches" option, which I have ticked now.

When I ticked that and I opened a photo, it indeed showed a mismatch, and that must be the problem.
        But for the life of me I can't pinpoint where that mismatch originates as again, I haven't chosen any AdobeRGB anywhere.

The only thing I kind of suspect is Camera RAW 10.3, as that's what I use to open my photos in Photoshop CC2015 when I am going to edit. I originally shoot them in RAW, .NEF format, on my Nikon D90. But in Camera Raw 10.3 I couldn't even find a colour profile option. I could choose some different profiles for black and white and that, but when I open in Photoshop it again gives me the mismatch warning.

The screenshots are here: https://imgur.com/a/SUp1oVQ

Colour Profles

----

So my questions would be:

-Can anybody help me pinpoint the origin of the mismatch given my screenshots?
        -If we can't find it, would it be fixed by just choosing "convert documents to the working space"? This would be annoying to do all the times but I could live with it, I just want to see if I can have a proper fix.

Thanks!
        Fixed within 30 seconds

Comment

By the way, a Jetphotos screener friend saw this post and has brought to my attention the following:

Apparently IT WAS Camera Raw 10.3 after all, for some reason after a recent update it was set to AdobeRGB and would screw the photos in the conversion phase.
          Honestly I hadn't noticed the little sign there, and in the Camera RAW settings I couldn't see anything hahaha.

I will edit with my new settings now and see how it goes, hopefully the colour profile rejections go away.

This may be helpful for others, so I'm posting it.

Cheers.

Edit: My screener friend (Meneses) beat me to it haha!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

this afternoon (in Italy...) I got 13 consecutive photos rejected due to the color profile (Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue).
            Screener's Comments: Photo has a wrong colour profile: Adobe RGB gives a wrong colour cast on some screens. Please save in sRGB instead. More infos here: http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=51547

My usual workflow (for several years) consists on converting the image in sRGB profile before proceeding with the file editing with Photoshop..
            So i'm wondering of theese consecutive rejections and I'm trying to understand where I'm wrong.
            Could some screener please inform if the colour profile he/she sees in the rejections is correct (sRGB)?
            Without controversy....

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by davmasc View Post
              Hi all,

this afternoon (in Italy...) I got 13 consecutive photos rejected due to the color profile (Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue).
              Screener's Comments: Photo has a wrong colour profile: Adobe RGB gives a wrong colour cast on some screens. Please save in sRGB instead. More infos here: http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=51547

My usual workflow (for several years) consists on converting the image in sRGB profile before proceeding with the file editing with Photoshop..
              So i'm wondering of theese consecutive rejections and I'm trying to understand where I'm wrong.
              Could some screener please inform if the colour profile he/she sees in the rejections is correct (sRGB)?
              Without controversy....

Best regards

Probably I have come to a conclusion:

in PS I wrongly used the "convert to profile" (sRGB) command before saving the file for web, instead of assigning the sRGB profile when opening the file.
              Could anyone confirm my suspicions?
              If my theory reveals correct , I was wrong for a long time and it remains a mystery how I almost never had photos rejected because of this kind of problem...
              I turn the matter over to the experts

Comment

Hi all,

Without controversy....

Best regards
                The link you provide is for this very thread, so can't comment on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  The link you provide is for this very thread, so can't comment on anything.
                  dlowwa, this is one of the rejections:
                  JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7407745
                    Apparently, some Adobe products (Lightroom, and if I recall correctly also Photoshop) returns to default Adobe colour profiles with some (major?) updates.

So, best is to check, if you still have preferences set to "convert to sRGB" when opening a photo.

On a personal note: As much as I like Photoshop (since version 2.0 ... in mid 90's!!!!) one major issue I have with it is that photos look different than in a web browser. Colours can be made to look the same by manging colour profiles, but the photos also look sharper.

Comment

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7407745
                      I'm seeing sRGB on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        I'm seeing sRGB on that one.
                        I rejected that one and i am 100% sure it has Adobe RGB, checked with an online EXIF viewer. For reasons not known to me, rejected photos sometimes don't show any EXIF infos at all. Check this here:

As mentioned, the same photo had a EXIF info when I screened it, like here: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7429704

Comment

Ok

Comment

Working...
                          X