Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huy Do - Editting advices

Hello folks.

I just recently got this picture rejected, I'm just wondering whether this is too much or too little contrast?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thank you.

Hi, it lacks contrast as can be seen from the histogram.

Comment

Hello,

Any chance I can get some advices on this picture? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6176066
      It was rejected as Soft only when I uploaded it the first time, mistaken it as a hot photo. So how should I improve this picture?
      Also, I have no idea why it got "cat wrong/missing" as one of the reason it was rejected. Does it supposed to be a "small prop"?

Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by huytrando View Post
        Hello,

Any chance I can get some advices on this picture? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6176066
        It was rejected as Soft only when I uploaded it the first time, mistaken it as a hot photo. So how should I improve this picture?
        Also, I have no idea why it got "cat wrong/missing" as one of the reason it was rejected. Does it supposed to be a "small prop"?

Thank you.
        Huy, I'm not from the JP Crew, but I can help you with some advices. This a/c need more sharpen, some parts are sharpen (like the name "Sea Port" and part of left wing) and most of the a/c are soft. Which parameters did you use to sharp this image? Also a little bit blurried in the website words but maybe not a big problem, need a second opinion in this point. There is JPG compression artefacts in the image too, it will be appear in some step from your workflow maybe, need to know how you do. You shoot in RAW or JPEG? Did you check the "Small prop" category? You need to check this field for the image, maybe this is the reason you got "Categories wrong or missing" rejection.

Tell me if you have any doubt.

Vinicius

Comment

Hello,

Thank you.
          Soft definately. The tail is almost blurry too. You need to take a look at the contrast too and needs brightening up. Yes, it does need small prop.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL View Post
            Soft definately. The tail is almost blurry too. You need to take a look at the contrast too and needs brightening up. Yes, it does need small prop.
            Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
            Huy, I'm not from the JP Crew, but I can help you with some advices. This a/c need more sharpen, some parts are sharpen (like the name "Sea Port" and part of left wing) and most of the a/c are soft. Which parameters did you use to sharp this image? Also a little bit blurried in the website words but maybe not a big problem, need a second opinion in this point. There is JPG compression artefacts in the image too, it will be appear in some step from your workflow maybe, need to know how you do. You shoot in RAW or JPEG? Did you check the "Small prop" category? You need to check this field for the image, maybe this is the reason you got "Categories wrong or missing" rejection.

Tell me if you have any doubt.

Vinicius
            Thanks for the advices. I never use "small prop" category on any of the Caravan before, hence why it caught me by surprised this time

Comment

Hello, can I get these below pictures pre-screen, please. Thanks in advance!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	N922VA1200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	482.7 KB
ID:	1020168

Name:	RA-769521200.jpg
Size:	437.8 KB
ID:	1020169

Name:	A7-BFF1200.jpg
Size:	742.6 KB
ID:	1020170

Name:	B-14021200.jpg
Size:	678.7 KB
ID:	1020171

Comment

Hello, can I get these below pictures pre-screen, please. Thanks in advance!
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11207[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11208[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11209[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]11210[/ATTACH]
                1. borderline contrast
                2. contrast, backlit
                3. very soft, almost blurry
                4. borderline contrast

Comment

I recently have this picture rejected for similar, i thought it's ok to upload 1 picture of each side of the aircraft in the same day, or is that changed? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6216489
                  Thank you.

Comment

I recently have this picture rejected for similar, i thought it's ok to upload 1 picture of each side of the aircraft in the same day, or is that changed? https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6216489
                    Thank you.
                    Technically, it's one 1 picture per day/per sequence, although we usually allow two if the angles are completely different. However, if the angles are similar, then yes a photo can be rejected for 'similar' even if it actually showing different sides.

Comment

Good evening.

Can anyone give me some advices on editting this one?
                      Got rejected a few times now for overexposed and contrast (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6222443). is it saveable or is it a lost cause?

Name:	B-13891200.jpg
Size:	729.1 KB
ID:	1020502

Thank you.

Comment

Also regarding similar photo, are these two gonna have similar problem when uploading onto JP?

Name:	HL72271200.jpg
Size:	860.7 KB
ID:	1020503

Name:	HL722712001.jpg
Size:	1,016.5 KB
ID:	1020504

Thank you.

Comment

Good evening.

Can anyone give me some advices on editting this one?
                          Got rejected a few times now for overexposed and contrast (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6222443). is it saveable or is it a lost cause?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11613[/ATTACH]

Thank you.
                          Sky is blown out. Given the amount of light falling on the aircraft, it almost makes it look backlit, so not sure if you can fix this one.

Also regarding similar photo, are these two gonna have similar problem when uploading onto JP?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11614[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]11615[/ATTACH]

Thank you.
                          No, they will not be considered similar.

Comment

Hello, can I get pre-screen on these pictures please. Thank you in advance

Name:	B-HLU1200.jpg
Size:	712.3 KB
ID:	1020531

Name:	C-FGDZ1200.jpg
Size:	743.3 KB
ID:	1020532

Name:	A6-EEG1200.jpg
Size:	842.6 KB
ID:	1020533

Name:	JA608A1200.jpg
Size:	744.8 KB
ID:	1020534

Name:	9M-MLG1200.jpg
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	1020535

Comment

Hello, can I get pre-screen on these pictures please. Thank you in advance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11648[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11649[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11650[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11651[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]11652[/ATTACH]
                              1. contrast
                              2. contrast, color
                              3. contrast, soft, heat distortion
                              4. contrast
                              5. contrast

All were obviously taken in less than ideal lighting conditions, and thus may not be fixable.

Comment

Working...
                              X