MarkLawrence - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    I tried shooting at a high shutter speed to eliminate as much heat haze as possible
    ..does this actually do anything??

Comment

• Dana - on the full frame sensor - I took a shot at 1/1000th .. and another shot at 1/3200th and there was a definite distinction between the lines on the fuselage - at 1/1000th there were definite ripples in the edges of the lines - at 1/3200th - the color lines were much more defined. This is such a unique bird and a unique visitor to FLL that I'm trying anything to get a decent shot - was hoping that the stairs in front of one egine wouldn't be a problem, but I guess so ...

Comment

Dana - on the full frame sensor - I took a shot at 1/1000th .. and another shot at 1/3200th and there was a definite distinction between the lines on the fuselage - at 1/1000th there were definite ripples in the edges of the lines - at 1/3200th - the color lines were much more defined. This is such a unique bird and a unique visitor to FLL that I'm trying anything to get a decent shot - was hoping that the stairs in front of one egine wouldn't be a problem, but I guess so ...
        Stairs are not a problem at all if you crop the plane, but as you say the heat distortion was a big deal.. You didn't thought on shot the plane in an early/later light or just take a night shot?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_38544.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1110374

Comment

• Not as easy as you think but I am trying.

Comment

• Screeners ... I have managed to get some later in the day shots of the Qatari 748 - 3 different edits - so - will try with the first one - would this have a chance to make it?? Click image for larger version

Name:	B748-A7-HBJ-KFLL-02252021-03.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	800.9 KB
ID:	1110431

Comment

Screeners ... I have managed to get some later in the day shots of the Qatari 748 - 3 different edits - so - will try with the first one - would this have a chance to make it??
              Borderline for heathaze/sharpening. Ok for me, but can't say the same for everyone.

Comment

• Dana - may I ask .. would this one be better? It is a different edit of from different camera settings?

Name:	B748-A7-HBJ-KFLL-02252021-02.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	926.7 KB
ID:	1110453

Comment

Dana - may I ask .. would this one be better? It is a different edit of from different camera settings?
                  Don't see a huge difference in quality, though I personally prefer the warmer tones on the first version. Looking again, that one might also need just a little CW rotation.

Comment

• Thank you so much!!!! I will get to that one again and re-verify...

Comment

• May I ask what the bad motive is on this rejection?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

May I ask what the bad motive is on this rejection?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
                        Person in foreground is identifiable.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Bell412-N412TX-KFLL-04142021.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	1113874 Could a screener please comment on whether this is backlit, or too dark? Just not too sure on it.

Thanks

Comment

Name:	Bell412-N412TX-KFLL-04142021.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	234.8 KB
ID:	1113874 Could a screener please comment on whether this is backlit, or too dark? Just not too sure on it.

Thanks
                            Looks like it to me. Other issues as well.

Comment

• I thought there were other issues, but I wasn't sure of the backlit, etc. to start with before I tried anything else with it. Thanks Dana.

Comment

• I am not sure if this is heat hazed or if it is simply gases from the engines causing the effect. Could a screener please have a look and let me know, as well as any other potential issues?

Name:	A320-N622NK-KFLL-04152021.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	682.4 KB
ID:	1113970

Comment

Working...
                                X