X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Majky737 View Post

If I send you original via PM, are you willing to check it?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Majky737
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Contrast is borderline, and sharpening is uneven (oversharpened towards the front, soft towards the tail). Not sure how easy it would be to fix without knowing the quality of the original.
    If I send you original via PM, are you willing to check it?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

I have some difficulties to process photo of E190 attached later on this post.

It was firstly rejected for being undersharpened and wrong categories, after some adjustment it was rejected for being oversharpened and contrast.

As I like the livery, I have started again and now I want to ask for pre-screening, questions are especially

- is it sharp enougth (but not oversharpened)?
    - is contrast sufficient or better to keed the photo for personal collection?

Thank you for your response, photo is attached below.
    Contrast is borderline, and sharpening is uneven (oversharpened towards the front, soft towards the tail). Not sure how easy it would be to fix without knowing the quality of the original.

Leave a comment:

• Majky737
    replied
    Hello,

I have some difficulties to process photo of E190 attached later on this post.

It was firstly rejected for being undersharpened and wrong categories, after some adjustment it was rejected for being oversharpened and contrast.

As I like the livery, I have started again and now I want to ask for pre-screening, questions are especially

- is it sharp enougth (but not oversharpened)?
    - is contrast sufficient or better to keed the photo for personal collection?

Thank you for your response, photo is attached below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	I-ADJT_II.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	553.2 KB
ID:	1187128

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

I am looking for some advice on attached photos. My main concerns are noise/undersharpening on first and contrast on second. Better to keep those for private collection?
    1. soft/blurry. not fixable
    2. soft, contrast. not fixable.

Leave a comment:

• Majky737
    replied
    Hello,

I am looking for some advice on attached photos. My main concerns are noise/undersharpening on first and contrast on second. Better to keep those for private collection?

Thank you for your time.

Name:	OM-ART.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	406.7 KB
ID:	1182299

Name:	SE-MLP.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	617.9 KB
ID:	1182300

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

today, I have received this reject for Soft and Contrast:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I have started again from original file. I have sharpened photo and as I think contrast was too strong, I have set it a little lower.

I want to ask for pre-screening, especially if the photo is sharp enought and if not, which area is soft. As I started from original, I am seeking for advice about horizont as well.
    Still soft and poor contrast. Might not be fixable.

Leave a comment:

• Majky737
    replied
    Hello,

today, I have received this reject for Soft and Contrast:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I have started again from original file. I have sharpened photo and as I think contrast was too strong, I have set it a little lower.

I want to ask for pre-screening, especially if the photo is sharp enought and if not, which area is soft. As I started from original, I am seeking for advice about horizont as well.

Thank you for your time.

M.

Name:	SE-DMS_3.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	797.4 KB
ID:	1171819

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

I want to ask for prescreening of attached photo. My main concerns are about sharpening and if the photo is not backlit (as wings are in shadow).
    Indeed a bit soft/blurry.

Leave a comment:

• Majky737
    replied
    Hello,

I want to ask for prescreening of attached photo. My main concerns are about sharpening and if the photo is not backlit (as wings are in shadow).

Thank you.

Name:	OE-9133.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	417.4 KB
ID:	1170673

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thank you. One more try to edit, still too dark?
    Overall exposure seems to be ok, but light is quite harsh.

Leave a comment:

• Majky737
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Still pretty dark.
    Thank you. One more try to edit, still too dark?

Name:	64-IS_3.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	688.0 KB
ID:	1169970

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

today, I have received reject for being underexposed/dark: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11266664

Well, I made some adjustment resulting to attached photo:

However, I am not sure if I should upload this edit, as the shadow from wing is not very good. Do you think it is worth to adjust / upload this photo or does shadow on fuselage kill it's chances at all?
    Still pretty dark.

Leave a comment:

• Majky737
    replied
    Hello,

today, I have received reject for being underexposed/dark: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=11266664

Well, I made some adjustment resulting to attached photo:

Name:	64-IS_2.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	667.6 KB
ID:	1169700

However, I am not sure if I should upload this edit, as the shadow from wing is not very good. Do you think it is worth to adjust / upload this photo or does shadow on fuselage kill it's chances at all?

Thank you.
    Marian

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello,

I have took some pictures during my recent trip and I would like to know if some of them have chance to make it to DB.

1. - This was taken trought window. So my main concerns are if is window glare somehow visible or not? And should this be rejected for obstruction as one wing is hidden? If so, would tighter crop work?

2 - This was taken trought window, would be rejected for glare?

3 - this was taken trought window, would be rejected for glare? Maybe contrast, colors?

4 - Would this be rejected for obstruction? I have checked some other photos of this frame in DB, sometimes the float is hidden behind ponton, sometimes not, so hard to decide to me if I should give it a go or not.
    1. horizon, borderline contrast
    2-3. soft, borderline contrast
    4. obstruction

Leave a comment:

Working...
X