Editing Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Got this rejection a few days ago: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=9365928. Just confused as to what caused the bad postprocessing rejection. I don't see any halos and I can't think of anything I did that would have caused them, and the image doesn't appear to have that overprocessed look. Just hoping someone can help me so I know if I should try an appeal or if I'm missing something.

Thanks,
    Michael

Comment

I am no screener - but - if you use the check for dust tool - look at the lines in the sky - almost compression but I would venture the idea that it is those...

Comment

But the lines in the sky are typically referred to as "banding" and don't typically cause a rejection on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Rodeback View Post
          But the lines in the sky are typically referred to as "banding" and don't typically cause a rejection on this site.
          I will copy and paste the comments from your appeal and not add anything other than the fact that noticeable banding in the sky almost always causes a rejection.

Admin Comments:
          "In this case, it's not noise reduction but it's to do with the sky. There is quite visible banding/compression. It's quite visible unequalised but if you're not sure you can see it in more detail if you equalise or use check for dust. This could be something to do with editing on this particular photo, so over processed is the rejection reason we use."

Comment

Yes, thank you dlowwa. I was unaware up to this point that banding could cause this rejection as it is not specified in the upload guidelines. My previous experiences with banding rejections have been on Airliners. Uploads have been rejected there for banding, but accepted here (or at least rejected for a completely different reason). Only if I tried to fix the banding would it get rejected here. The appeal was also made only after I had asked here, a screener had mentioned that it was probably worth appealing, and I had checked both the photo and the upload guidelines several times and still did not understand the rejection. Thus there is no reason to quote the appeal message that I have already read multiple times. If I was aware of a way to acknowledge the appeal results so that you knew it was understood, I would. But it doesn't appear that there is.

Comment

Working...
            X