• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi

I have just had two pictures rejected:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This one is under sharpened and unlevel. I can fix the sharpening but i used the taxiway behind the aircraft for levelling. Which line should i have used.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

This one 'too little to much contrast' Needs more contrast?

TIA

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
    Hi

I have had two pictures rejected because of the contrast.

I think the Etihad shot needs more contrast but i am not sure about the Gulfstream.

TIA

Andrew
    The Etihad needs more contrast, mainly more shadows and mid-tones.
    The Gulfstream looks flat, it lacks gradients along the fuselage. Try tweaking the curves, maybe it helps.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi

I have had two pictures rejected because of the contrast.

I think the Etihad shot needs more contrast but i am not sure about the Gulfstream.

TIA

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi

I have this photo rejected because of 'Too much or too little contrast'

The shot was taken in sunlight and to me the contrast looks OK. How can i tell if the contrast is OK or not using lightroom?

TIA

Andrew
    Looks like it may have actually been a little overcast. In any case, grey sky behind is giving the image a washed out look, so more contrast is needed.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Rejected photo - Contrast

Hi

I have this photo rejected because of 'Too much or too little contrast'

The shot was taken in sunlight and to me the contrast looks OK. How can i tell if the contrast is OK or not using lightroom?

TIA

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi

I class myself as a beginer to JP. I only use lightroom and any guidence would be appreciated.

I recently had this photo rejected for 'too much or too little contrast, horizon unlevel and categories wrong or missing

The contrast appeared to be Ok as i can distinguish all the tones from A to Z.
    The contrast bar below the rejected image is for your own screen calibration, and has nothing to do with the individual image. The light is quite flat and overall poor in this image, due to it being slightly overcast.

I chose the tree line to level. Should i have used the front taxi way or the building?
    If the horizon itself is not visible, you should always use vertical references first, in this case the building.

This may be wrong forum for category but i chose military and USAF. or does this also require a 'special livery'
    Military is Genre not Category. This is a cargo aircraft. You did not mark it as such.

Leave a comment:

• flying Doc
    replied
    Dear Andrew,

next time it would be better to provide the fuul link to the rejected picture. Anyway, this is your rejected picture.

In terms of contrast, it is too much IMO, as it is a gray on a gray/whitish background.
    If you look a the verticlas in the picture (building edges) it leans to the right, so it needs CCW rotation.

As per the categories, since I was not the screener involved, my only guess is tha you have missed the "cargo" category.

My best regards

Sotiris aka Sotos

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    started a topic AndrewL - editing advice

AndrewL - editing advice

Hi

I class myself as a beginer to JP. I only use lightroom and any guidence would be appreciated.

I recently had this photo rejected for 'too much or too little contrast, horizon unlevel and categories wrong or missing

The contrast appeared to be Ok as i can distinguish all the tones from A to Z.
    I chose the tree line to level. Should i have used the front taxi way or the building?

This may be wrong forum for category but i chose military and USAF. or does this also require a 'special livery'

TIA
Working...
X